FAIZON LOVE SAYS THAT DAVE CHAPPELLE IS THE WACKEST NGA OUT!

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    ? y'all ? know about that chubby rain?!.

Chubby-Rain-poster.jpg

gotcha suckas!

I still this every time I trick an animal into gun range right before I shoot it
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now with that said...

Eddie Murphy has had a string of terrible movies also as of late.... Im talking TURRIBLE.
    Meet Dave? The Adventures of Pluto Nash? Imagine that?

Norbit was a terrible movie but it was so bad that it was funny

He killed Dream girls tho, and they took the award away from the man. Because of Norbit, which was genius in its own right
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've always felt Patrice O'Neal" Elephant in the room "was slightly better and more funnier than Dave's" Killing them softly "and " For what it's worth."
    patriceoneal.jpg
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    I've always felt Patrice O'Neal" Elephant in the room "was slightly better and more funnier than Dave's" Killing them softly "and " For what it's worth."
    patriceoneal.jpg

Elephant was good but lets stick to the subject
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Hart fell off.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin hart dead if we talking stand up comedy.

I watched his special on netflix last night, "what now" it was terrible.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im looking forward to chris rocks new stand ups with Netflix. When they supposed to drop?
  • confucius_says
    confucius_says Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    A lot of assuming in here. People saying he hating just cause he doesn't like dave. He said he liked dave's show on comedy central but doesn't laugh when he does standup. When you don't like something but it happens to be popular, people always say your hating. I didn't really find "killing them softly" all that funny either. I liked the show. His Netflix joints are funny. People saying Eddie only had 2 hour standup shows. Dude, he was doing standup for years before he got hot. Just in those times, not everything was recorded like it is now. Also, yall forget he was on Saturday night live with other comedy legends
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of assuming in here. People saying he hating just cause he doesn't like dave. He said he liked dave's show on comedy central but doesn't laugh when he does standup. When you don't like something but it happens to be popular, people always say your hating. I didn't really find "killing them softly" all that funny either. I liked the show. His Netflix joints are funny. People saying Eddie only had 2 hour standup shows. Dude, he was doing standup for years before he got hot. Just in those times, not everything was recorded like it is now. Also, yall forget he was on Saturday night live with other comedy legends

I don't think anyone is saying he's hating just because he doesn't like Dave, but saying Dave is the wackest ? out or that his standup has only appealed to white audiences in the past is just hating.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    I think Chappelle Show got some of y'all gassed into believing Dave is a better stand-up than he really is. He gots alot of stand-up to make you ? a smile...but not alot of ? to make u ? up.

Eddie & Chris Rock have way more ? -up material

Eddie is dope, Chris Rock probably my favorite stand up comic ever...but you can't sit here and say Dave's "How old is 15 really" bit from For What It's Worth ain't funny as ?

It was a good observation, but i dont know about funny af, (its bit about them girls that got kidnapped right?)

It was a comparison between Elizabeth Smart and the 12 year old who got life in Florida for accidentally killing his friend when they were play wrestling
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a fact ? wasn't ? with Dave like that till later on, even though ? was familiar with his face. But Eddie tho??? Was the biggest on the planet behind the two MJ's for a decade. Raw undeniable. The movie career undeniable. SNL still lookin for a ? to pick up a torch and get the black audience back.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I love Dave's show when it was on and some of his stand up's are good but I do think most black people weren't ? with him like that until his show. I never heard him mentioned with the greats or barely at all until his show.

Not to mention I feel Chris Rock is the better comedian to me. But it is kind of not fair to put Dave against guys like Eddie and Chris because they are legends and he is still paving his way.

Dave been doing stand up since he was like 15in DC. If you listen to comics like Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy talk about him they do talk about him being funny as hell even as a teenager
  • lethal5
    Options
    I think Chappelle Show got some of y'all gassed into believing Dave is a better stand-up than he really is. He gots alot of stand-up to make you ? a smile...but not alot of ? to make u ? up.

Eddie & Chris Rock have way more ? -up material

Eddie is dope, Chris Rock probably my favorite stand up comic ever...but you can't sit here and say Dave's "How old is 15 really" bit from For What It's Worth ain't funny as ?

It was a good observation, but i dont know about funny af, (its bit about them girls that got kidnapped right?)

It was a comparison between Elizabeth Smart and the 12 year old who got life in Florida for accidentally killing his friend when they were play wrestling

Still though, my answer still applies. That bit was a good observation, but Black people outta everyone understands the truthful irony of that bit.....lm just sayin, it wasnt "? -up" funny. ? dont go around quoting that bit for laughs, as opposed to eddie & chris rock bits.

• lethal5
    Options
    By NO means am I say Dave is wack on stage, I'm just saying i think he gets way more acclaim then he deserves on the stand-up tip.

My personal opinion....Eddie set the bar way too high for sum of these new guys. Chris rock is one of the few to meet that challenge

With that being said, if dave were to announce he was dropping another stand up on Netflix next month, I'd still check for it....i just dont find him gut busting funny on stage
  • lethal5
    Options
    Bernie Mack made me laugh harder in 5/10 minutes of standup on def comedy jam then dave has made me laugh in any of his full length standups. ....I'm not hating, just giving my POV
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bernie Mack made me laugh harder in 5/10 minutes of standup on def comedy jam then dave has made me laugh in any of his full length standups. ....I'm not hating, just giving my POV

Leave the GOAT Bernie out of this ?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Dave and Kev are funny.IDK what ? talking about

dave is funnier but I liked Kev before he was a mega star.kev got too may quotable

"Wanna go night night nugga? "

1 of those netflix is classic and the other is still fire.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? off topic talking about Legends (Murphy and Rock) when the discussion about Dave being overrated or not.

Dave my top 5. Them Netflix specials were underwhelming, although the second ones material was a mix of two different sets. Of you check out the second one someone recorded on YouTube, the ? is hilarious
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kevs NEVER been funny. i dont even chuckle at any of his stand up. dave has always been funny. been ? with him since def comedy jam. i dont consider dave one of the greats but he's somewhere close though
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is true and it ain't even a diss on Dave to say that. Bernie was a different type of funny
  • lethal5
    Options

This is true and it ain't even a diss on Dave to say that. Bernie was a different type of funny

....and if u wanna go movie for movie, Bernie has more scene stealing appearances than Dave too

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

....and if u wanna go movie for movie, Bernie has more scene stealing appearances than Dave too

And Bernie did it with less screen time in these movies as well.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Dave and Kev are funny.IDK what ? talking about

dave is funnier but I liked Kev before he was a mega star.kev got too may quotable

"Wanna go night night nugga? "

1 of those netflix is classic and the other is still fire.

I was ? whatching what now? And it was pretty funny "i'm sick of this shark ? !" the one that before at Madison square garden was his weakest special
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    ? off topic talking about Legends (Murphy and Rock) when the discussion about Dave being overrated or not.

Dave my top 5. Them Netflix specials were underwhelming, although the second ones material was a mix of two different sets. Of you check out the second one someone recorded on YouTube, the ? is hilarious

Yeah this pretty much turned into a barbershop argument