Chance The Rapper says that 1990's Rappers were fabricated

Options

Comments

• BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    who's the 1st 90's rapper that came to mind ??

For me Biggie...

tupac mother ?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Tupac was fabricated but y'all gave him a pass

I agree to an extent with this sentiment; he just like a Soulja Boy or Chris Brown
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I disagree

I think Pac was a true Thug and represented Thug Life !!!!!!!

What set was he a really a part of?

Well his tattoo says Thug Life not gang life

He was after his paper and his number 1 spot he didn't give a dang

He was kinda crazy and that's just how he was

just becuase he was into the arts doesn't mean he was fabricated

He could have his own gang in the 90's he had plenty of thugs

You couldn't speak bad on him but as time went on and times change slowly people start to disrespect him

People saw him as a threat he got shot up then got killed

How is the fabricated He got shot by other gangsters that's real gang warfare ....

What are you guys talking about?
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Will Smith > Chance The Rapper for squeaky clean Hip Hop ... Chance needs to pay Homage to Will Smith aka Fresh Prince ... Big Willie Style > The Coloring Book
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

They don't and won't hear you tho

He didn't start that way … an he was actually booked… bigs mom was a school teacher an Big ain't jump off the porch till he was 18facts…
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

He didn't start that way … an he was actually booked… bigs mom was a school teacher an Big ain't jump off the porch till he was 18facts…

Pac didn't jump off the porch till he was a grown man. I know ? think he's ? but reality is different

facts

Then Base off both Y'all Logic...

Will Smith aka The Fresh Prince is the GOAT... end of discussion

8vmu9cwdttpd.gif
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Matike85 wrote: »

Pac didn't jump off the porch till he was a grown man. I know ? think he's ? but reality is different

facts

Then Base off both Y'all Logic...

Will Smith aka The Fresh Prince is the GOAT... end of discussion

8vmu9cwdttpd.gif

? will
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh I don't really think fabricated is the right word to describe Pac.

He came from a family of Black Panthers who were really bout that life.He busted his guns to save another Black man's life. Towards the ending of his life he was rollin with legit gangbangers.

I think in the end he really just got in over his head.
  • ILLBOT
    ILLBOT Posts: 911 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    ILLBOT detected banned alias
    Reason: Max.

Control is as much an effect as a cause. The idea that control is something you exert is a handicap to progress.
    High Revolutionary
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Eh I don't really think fabricated is the right word to describe Pac.

He came from a family of Black Panthers who were really bout that life.He busted his guns to save another Black man's life. Towards the ending of his life he was rollin with legit gangbangers.

I think in the end he really just got in over his head.

If your parents were street ? you not supposed to grow up an be a streetnigga 2 if not they failed as parents…
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    it's more fabricated today then in the 90's

all you had to do was rap

now your gotta run gimmicks for attention on the internet

alot of ? looks staged

Pac didn't have to do that his raps was hot enuff to draw attention by themselves

the industry has become like a circus

old school rappers don't fear new rappers cuz they came from a harder generation

very few bout that life and some are crazy but rather take a bullet then an ass whooping

they don't fist fight they just shoot to avoid fist fighting ...kinda cowardly

Pac was that lil nicca that no one messed with cuz he was crazy ....

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Chance was born in 1993 so he doesn't remember the 90s. You can always do some research, but its not the same as LIVING through the 90s.

2. The best rappers are just that, rappers. They aren't really living that life or else they'd be dead or in jail. If you go back and check the Reason for every rapper that got shot or thats locked up, those are the guys that really lived the life. Cats like Bobby Shmurda or Max B. But the best rappers, Scarface, Jay, Nas, Cube, 2Pac, Biggie. Even 50 Cent and Cam, at some point they had to make a decision what they wanted to do with their lives, did they want to stand on the block and sell drugs or did they want to sit inside the house and write rhymes and block everything else out?

I believe that Cube, Scarface, Nas, Jay, 2Pac, Biggie, 50 Cent, Cam, etc. KNEW some thorough cats. They might have seen somebody get shot. I know I've seen people get shot at parties and I could write a rhyme about it, but I've never squeezed a trigger and I'd be pretty stupid to rap about it if I did.

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say what u want about pac but he shot police, lived to tell it and walked. The hardest mfs he ever got mixed up with on death row probly never did that.

And his familys background with black panthers, never hid from the spotlight after getting shot the first time...only put himself out there more...

But i do think under all that thug life ? he was probly still that weirdo artsy mfer with a lot of anger
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    1. Chance was born in 1993 so he doesn't remember the 90s. You can always do some research, but its not the same as LIVING through the 90s.

2. The best rappers are just that, rappers. They aren't really living that life or else they'd be dead or in jail. If you go back and check the Reason for every rapper that got shot or thats locked up, those are the guys that really lived the life. Cats like Bobby Shmurda or Max B. But the best rappers, Scarface, Jay, Nas, Cube, 2Pac, Biggie. Even 50 Cent and Cam, at some point they had to make a decision what they wanted to do with their lives, did they want to stand on the block and sell drugs or did they want to sit inside the house and write rhymes and block everything else out?

I believe that Cube, Scarface, Nas, Jay, 2Pac, Biggie, 50 Cent, Cam, etc. KNEW some thorough cats. They might have seen somebody get shot. I know I've seen people get shot at parties and I could write a rhyme about it, but I've never squeezed a trigger and I'd be pretty stupid to rap about it if I did.

I agree he didn't live through the 90s and me being born in 1990 i didn't live through the 90s but i have educated myself on the 90s and would only speak on the 90s from listening to the music post it being live. Rock ? educate themselves about previous eras. Same with the blues and country as well those artist educate themselves in high school and early 20s.

The issue is hip hop ? like chance should either educate and truly dive into the music or shut the ? up. Especially if you are going to claim you love kanye and don't know how tip influenced him.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    They act like you can't be a fan of different forms of Hip-Hop

I luv mid to let 80's Hip-Hop is was way less about guns,drugs,crimes and ? like that

I luv the 90's Hip-Hop which became more about guns,drugs,crimes and street life

There is art in messages in both and many times original
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's when a ? sideways hating because he know he don't fit in a certain lane.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He just soft an a lgb fan bisexual men at least had the decency of keepin in the closet..chance was at a club back room sucking ? at the in the back room while we was on molly
    :open_mouth:

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    I disagree

I think Pac was a true Thug and represented Thug Life !!!!!!!

What set was he a really a part of?

Well his tattoo says Thug Life not gang life

He was after his paper and his number 1 spot he didn't give a dang

He was kinda crazy and that's just how he was

just becuase he was into the arts doesn't mean he was fabricated

He could have his own gang in the 90's he had plenty of thugs

You couldn't speak bad on him but as time went on and times change slowly people start to disrespect him

People saw him as a threat he got shot up then got killed

How is the fabricated He got shot by other gangsters that's real gang warfare ....

What are you guys talking about?

raise up of his nuts you groupie , if he was what you claim he was , a long essay like this wouldnt be needed...
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Maybe people hate Pac cuz they like J-z ........
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Pac is the one that said Puck J-z ..........
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No he wasn't, you thinking of Biggie
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come Pac has this super ? image for people, he ain't shoot no police, especially not in the south, ? Jamil Al-Amin supposedly shot a cop and he still on death row
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao never paid this thread any mind but come to think of it EVERYBODY was giggity-gankin bustas with the 9 milli-meetah in the early 90's

lots of super gangsters.....that nobody we knew could vouch for.....no social media and what not, the only thing we knew about these guys was what they put in the records and videos for the most part

im highly aware a lot of them guys were fake but cant nobody tell me Nate Dogg didnt have 16 in the clip and 1 in the hole idc idc idc idc
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come Pac has this super ? image for people, he ain't shoot no police, especially not in the south, ? Jamil Al-Amin supposedly shot a cop and he still on death row

Exactly. These farhterless Pac worshipers act he ran up in a precinct and started shooting.

He shoot 2 cacs who happened to be cops. I'm 1000% sure he didn't know they were cops when he shot em.