White Supremacist rally in Charlottesville

Options

Comments

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    No your point is basically "this isnt that big a deal"

? , what?? How are you telling me what my point is?? No diss, but you're sounding ridiculous. Too emotional. I know this is the internet, but you almost sound serious.

If you don't want to have a fair and reasonable discussion about this rightfully relevant news (see how that contradicts your "this isn't a big deal" narrative?), just let me know, and we can easily stop wasting each other's time. It's no biggie.
    but unless your a racist cac, and you very well could be,

Again, that claim make no sense, but I understand it's the fad to call other people racists. Meh. But you still don't understand that that's part of the reason why Trump got elected and why his supporters are growing. It's because of all the baseless demagoguery. How can you not see the irony? Even now.

Heh, we probably agree at least 75% about all this, and you're making me out to be you enemy. That's how you end up alienating your potential allies, resorting to cannibalizing your own group, and waking up to a Trump presidency.
    it is a big deal, but regardless, your wack as ?

Again, didn't say it wasn't a big deal. This is my third time telling you this. You're either a troll, or you have very poor comprehension skills.

Heh, I'm "wack as ? "? What is this junior high? What are you 13, ? ?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    tumblr_oumpxlfb3L1qeenqgo1_1280.jpg

White ppl that are racist are ?

But you ever notice that white ppl that genuinely hate racism be aggressive as ?

The bold is comedy to me. I don't know why, but it genuinely makes me laugh to see that one or 2 white person you might come across that really, really hates racism.

Sounds like @VIBE .
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Black people really need to stay out of this. Let white America destroy itself. This is long over due. Sit back on the sideline and take advantage of opportunities that arise. That's just how other minorities do it.

Damn right.

But not just other minorities, thatsstraight out the white playbook. They CREATE divisions, wait for an opportunity, and take control during the confusion. After confusion and in fighting has resulted in death, and revenge killings, the division is generationally rooted and it's the gift that will keep on giving, for decades. It's easier to control a divided populous.

Case in point:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_FSUcZfcx0

So it's their turn. Let them ? each other.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_oumpxlfb3L1qeenqgo1_1280.jpg

That's ? at its finest
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

? , what?? How are you telling me what my point is?? No diss, but you're sounding ridiculous. Too emotional. I know this is the internet, but you almost sound serious.

If you don't want to have a fair and reasonable discussion about this rightfully relevant news (see how that contradicts your "this isn't a big deal" narrative?), just let me know, and we can easily stop wasting each other's time. It's no biggie.

Again, that claim make no sense, but I understand it's the fad to call other people racists. Meh. But you still don't understand that that's part of the reason why Trump got elected and why his supporters are growing. It's because of all the baseless demagoguery. How can you not see the irony? Even now.

Heh, we probably agree at least 75% about all this, and you're making me out to be you enemy. That's how you end up alienating your potential allies, resorting to cannibalizing your own group, and waking up to a Trump presidency.

Again, didn't say it wasn't a big deal. This is my third time telling you this. You're either a troll, or you have very poor comprehension skills.

You initially stated that you were "not buying all the hype, at the moment"....

You also suggested that we should all "chill out" because these ppl arent a true threat...

So expound ...

Define "hype"

Do you believe these couple hundred protesters are the last remnants of white supremacy?

And how exactly is the story being sensationalized?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Yea. Let's let the KKK get bigger numbers even though they we created to be against blacks.

Let's just sit out this direct threat to the lives of blacks

lol.

What that ? VulcanRaven is saying is just stupid.

Objectively, they have a point to which several more can be made.

Black people have proven ineffective at stopping any of this on their own. Whites supremacy only give a damn when their own are at stake. In a white supremacist country, whites will have less consequences at their heels. And they are actively catching bodies for whatever they believe.

Demonstrates how powerless we are as a people, but not stupid.

Even if all of that is true, they don't suggest that we should sit out these fights.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Huey_C wrote: »
    From my experience Georgia and TX are the most racist. Any state that has Klansmen freely marching and sporting the confederate flag without backlash speaks volumes.

Dam I'm a prophet @Trillfate

Most of these states that are mostly rural that have few Blacks especially outside of metropolitan areas you get this element. Texas, my home state of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Arkansas, Florida, and the Carolinas especially.

Most of those states outside of Texas and Florida are mostly rural, White, and consist of mostly one horse towns with Whites who work blue-collar jobs that blame Blacks, Latin American immigrants, Muslims, and homosexuals for all their issues.

Those little towns are the underbelly of America that the Sean Hannity's, Rush Limbaugh's, and Bill O'Reilly's all speak too. They all spit that little dog whistle rhetoric that uneducated Whites eat up.

Don't forget the ? ass education system too. It's a huge correlation between racism and education. A lot of these bigots have low intelligence and have never been anywhere. All they interact with is like minded people who look just like them. The same audience Trump tapped into. ? who voted for man who have no interest in poor people.

Quoted for emphasis you said a mouthful here.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people really need to stay out of this. Let white America destroy itself. This is long over due. Sit back on the sideline and take advantage of opportunities that arise. That's just how other minorities do it.

Damn right.

But not just other minorities, thatsstraight out the white playbook. They CREATE divisions, wait for an opportunity, and take control during the confusion. After confusion and in fighting has resulted in death, and revenge killings, the division is generationally rooted and it's the gift that will keep on giving, for decades. It's easier to control a divided populous.

Case in point:

u cant tell these house ? nothin..

? 's house is on fire!!
    they too busy lookin for a bucket to hear u..
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From my experience Georgia and TX are the most racist. Any state that has Klansmen freely marching and sporting the confederate flag without backlash speaks volumes.

Most of these states that are mostly rural that have few Blacks especially outside of metropolitan areas you get this element. Texas, my home state of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Arkansas, Florida, and the Carolinas especially.

Most of those states outside of Texas and Florida are mostly rural, White, and consist of mostly one horse towns with Whites who work blue-collar jobs that blame Blacks, Latin American immigrants, Muslims, and homosexuals for all their issues.

Those little towns are the underbelly of America that the Sean Hannity's, Rush Limbaugh's, and Bill O'Reilly's all speak too. They all spit that little dog whistle rhetoric that uneducated Whites eat up.

Don't forget the ? ass education system too. It's a huge correlation between racism and education. A lot of these bigots have low intelligence and have never been anywhere. All they interact with is like minded people who look just like them. The same audience Trump tapped into. ? who voted for man who have no interest in poor people.

same can be said about ? who voted for Obama tho..

poor.. uneducated.. nevwr been outside a 30 mile radius.. so on and so forth..

voted for someone who aint give a ? about poor people..

? meet kettle..
    kettle meet ? ..
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

mz4r0zxzplxs.gif

That white supremacist got ran off by one of the weakest punches I've ever seen attempted...

Lmao.....in the bushes
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »

? meet kettle..
    kettle meet ? ..

Holding defendants in jail because they can't afford to make bail is unconstitutional, that was what the Obama Justice Department said in a court filing in 2016 ...the first time the government has taken such a position before a federal appeals court

His administration spear headed an effort to an effort to end the federal government's contracts with federal privately owned prisons

www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2016/12/obamas-criminal-justice-legacy-now-local-hands/amp

He made sure that millions of ppl who weren't able to afford healthcare before now could

A lot of ? he got wrong as well

But to say he didnt care about poor ppl is a gross simplification of his legacy
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Yea. Let's let the KKK get bigger numbers even though they we created to be against blacks.

Let's just sit out this direct threat to the lives of blacks

lol.

What that ? VulcanRaven is saying is just stupid.

Objectively, they have a point to which several more can be made.

Black people have proven ineffective at stopping any of this on their own. Whites supremacy only give a damn when their own are at stake. In a white supremacist country, whites will have less consequences at their heels. And they are actively catching bodies for whatever they believe.

Demonstrates how powerless we are as a people, but not stupid.

Even if all of that is true, they don't suggest that we should sit out these fights.

We need to watch out for ourselves and setup for opportunity with a strong economic base. We can't be fighting just to be fighting..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »

? meet kettle..
    kettle meet ? ..

giphy.gif
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a tv show called Mr. Mercedes on Audience that debuted on weds or thurs that features a killer who ran people over with his car.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn right.

Case in point:

This is exactly what I mean. White America needs to eat itself. We benefit from this. They already got increasing issues with birthrate and I read something this week that said young whites are getting colon cancer at a high rate. No need for blacks to pointlessly sacrifice themselves.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    There's a tv show called Mr. Mercedes on Audience that debuted on weds or thurs that features a killer who ran people over with his car.

word?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

word?

Yes.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You initially stated that you were "not buying all the hype, at the moment"....

You also suggested that we should all "chill out" because these ppl arent a true threat...

So expound ...

OK, a much more sensible response.
    Define "hype"

Within this context, I define "hype" as sensationalist and, sometimes premature and biased, coverage and comments about this and other related events, e.g. the typical comparisons to ? Germany and genocide, with particular emphasis on the scope of actual premeditated violence from either (let's not forget about the comparable idiots on the "left" side of the political spectrum) side. And of course, the demagoguery.
    Do you believe these couple hundred protesters are the last remnants of white supremacy?

Heh, of course not. I don't believe I said or implied that belief, simply because that there's no real basis for said belief. Yes, white supremacy seems to be clearly growing, but not to the extent that some people claim. Trump supporters, the alternative right, Republicans, conservatives, Tea Party, the white losers who are tired of being called racists, even white/American/Western nationalists - all of these people are not necessarily white supremacists or nazis/fascists for that matter.

Is what happened in Charlottesville a big deal? Yes, I think so but not to the extent that some, if not many, people claim. Let's not forget that relatively speaking, the turn out for this long-awaited protest was not only a flop full of a disparate fringe but was attended by non-white supremacists as well, some of whom were at least not initially violent. Let's not also forget that there were two oppositional violent sides.
    And how exactly is the story being sensationalized?

I think I touched on this in my responses above, but is the answer not that obvious? Media (including social media) is in the business of sensationalizing news. It's automatic and expected and, imo, clearly apparent.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn right.

Case in point:

This is exactly what I mean. White America needs to eat itself. We benefit from this. They already got increasing issues with birthrate and I read something this week that said young whites are getting colon cancer at a high rate. No need for blacks to pointlessly sacrifice themselves.

And the opioid crisis that is ravaging the white community ,morgues are getting filled with dead bodies at a rate they can not keep up with.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

Damn right.

Case in point:

Add the "opiod epidemic"..............and the increase in their suicide rates............and they're gonna end up being the engine of their own destruction.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

Why did you delete your orginal post?