Chance The Rapper says that 1990's Rappers were fabricated

Options

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come Pac has this super ? image for people, he ain't shoot no police, especially not in the south, ? Jamil Al-Amin supposedly shot a cop and he still on death row

Exactly. These farhterless Pac worshipers act he ran up in a precinct and started shooting.

He shoot 2 cacs who happened to be cops. I'm 1000% sure he didn't know they were cops when he shot em.

And if that happened we know what would have happened
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    How come Pac has this super ? image for people, he ain't shoot no police, especially not in the south, ? Jamil Al-Amin supposedly shot a cop and he still on death row

Ikr ? tupac. I hate that ? . He wasn't no real thug or revolutionary. All these fatherless ? love that ? when he didn't even do ? . He wasn't no Malcolm he was just a loud mouth ? who got shot and sold some records after he sold out.

Lets all pretend tupac wasn't the greatest to touch the Mic and his music will not be played long after there is an allhiphop.com lets act like he didn't reach millions of people across the globe because that ? wasn't really no gangsta or black leader
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    lmao never paid this thread any mind but come to think of it EVERYBODY was giggity-gankin bustas with the 9 milli-meetah in the early 90's

lots of super gangsters.....that nobody we knew could vouch for.....no social media and what not, the only thing we knew about these guys was what they put in the records and videos for the most part

im highly aware a lot of them guys were fake but cant nobody tell me Nate Dogg didnt have 16 in the clip and 1 in the hole idc idc idc idc

I agree to an extent because news didn't move like it does now and no social media but back then if you couldn't rep a city/neighborhood/block/burrough and you wasn't being vouched for by the real reptables. You either had to be one of them or basically a spokesman for the hood but it still had to be something real validating you. Of course there is an exception to every rule and you had your industry plants and studio gangsters but it wasn't as easy to start a rap career back then as it is today.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Tupac was fabricated but y'all gave him a pass

? you

I wanted to be the first to mention Tutu Shakur
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your hate and disdain for Pac is evident.

Dawg, I know.
  • northside7
    Options
    Biggie was one of the biggest phonies.

"Mr Frank White". Nah black.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matike85 wrote: »
    He just put a bull eye on his back and he was born 1993

https://youtu.be/vugZSr3kUA8

so... this Eminem soundin' dude has something to say???
  • konceptjones
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Its true and it was a gimmick in the 90s. People like "Boss" "Vanilla Ice" were exposed for lying about their past, and even to a lesser extent "Ice Cube" "Dr Dre" were called fake. On the flipside it created the "when keeping it real goes wrong mentality" to where you had underground rappers getting indicted and incriminating themselves for rapping about active investigations

That's two artist neither of which were taken seriously. And in Vanilla ice's case he was being clowned well before mainstream media decided to expose him.

In both Cube and Dre's case did they embellish? Perhaps.

What we do know is, they grew up in neighborhoods where everything they spoke about in their music was truth. More importantly it was just as true to Blacks across America who grew up under similar circumstances. Also, being a fan I never thought Cube or Dre were REAL gangters. They were very, very good artists who were able to capture the essence and truth of there communities and they personified these things in their music.

Those were just general examples but what is a real gangster? That definition is relative. Boss the female rapper was taken serious up until she was exposed too.

She was never really "exposed" like that. Lichelle was pretty much up front about her upbringing in her album. If you listen to the voicemail skits, that's actually her mother and father complaining about how she wasn't raised like that, ? she went to good schools, college, and whatnot. ? just chose to ignore all of that and put stock into her lyrics. How did you get exposed when you put it in the album in the first place?
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    Its true and it was a gimmick in the 90s. People like "Boss" "Vanilla Ice" were exposed for lying about their past, and even to a lesser extent "Ice Cube" "Dr Dre" were called fake. On the flipside it created the "when keeping it real goes wrong mentality" to where you had underground rappers getting indicted and incriminating themselves for rapping about active investigations

That's two artist neither of which were taken seriously. And in Vanilla ice's case he was being clowned well before mainstream media decided to expose him.

What we do know is, they grew up in neighborhoods where everything they spoke about in their music was truth. More importantly it was just as true to Blacks across America who grew up under similar circumstances. Also, being a fan I never thought Cube or Dre were REAL gangters. They were very, very good artists who were able to capture the essence and truth of there communities and they personified these things in their music.

Those were just general examples but what is a real gangster? That definition is relative. Boss the female rapper was taken serious up until she was exposed too.

She was never really "exposed" like that. Lichelle was pretty much up front about her upbringing in her album. If you listen to the voicemail skits, that's actually her mother and father complaining about how she wasn't raised like that, ? she went to good schools, college, and whatnot. ? just chose to ignore all of that and put stock into her lyrics. How did you get exposed when you put it in the album in the first place?

Tell that to the people who stopped buying her ? . I remember specifically there was a college graduation picture that people felt was contridictory to her rap image.
  • king hassan
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Dawg, I know.

I don't even hate Pac, respect him like other rappers, but some ? put that ? on a high pedestal
  • king hassan
    Options

She was from Detroit wasn't she
  • SELASI_i
    Options

Nah southern Cali.

She wasn't fake in the sense of not being with the ? or lying but her authenticity was in question because she didn't have to do none of that ? but she chose to because she wanted to insert herself into a lifestyle/culture. Like if the oldest Huxtable daughter started doing robberies and ?
  • northside7
    Options

Dawg, I know.

I don't even hate Pac, respect him like other rappers, but some ? put that ? on a high pedestal

I hear dat but he's not the only one and it's usually the same posters posting that over and over again.

Add jay z and biggie to that list as well.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Born in 93 lost respect for this ? as a human being

born in '93, the same year that rappers just being themselves got put on and blew the ? up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXJc2NYwHjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVcesMcLHSA

Kanye ain't have ? to do with it.
  • SELASI_i
    Options

I forgot she was from the D. Rapped in Cali
  • king hassan
    Options

Dawg, I know.

I hear dat but he's not the only one and it's usually the same posters posting that over and over again.

Add jay z and biggie to that list as well.

I def don't think they are the best either. Separation of a true music lover and a casual fan, if you hear a bunch of great stuff you can't pin point one as the best. Rakim, as dope as he was put out some weak ? too, so did KRS and a bunch of other ?
  • konceptjones
    Options

Yup. Right before the album came out, while "Deeper" was in rotation I met her at my job in Southfield. I was working at Tel 12 mall at the arcade (Houseshoes was working at the A&W next to it in the food court) when she came in with some dude. She used to come into that mall all the time back then. Cool chick.
  • konceptjones
    Options

Nah southern Cali.

She wasn't fake in the sense of not being with the ? or lying but her authenticity was in question because she didn't have to do none of that ? but she chose to because she wanted to insert herself into a lifestyle/culture. Like if the oldest Huxtable daughter started doing robberies and ?

No, she was from Tha D.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Tupac was fabricated but y'all gave him a pass

Pac wasn't fabricated. Pac never lied to people about who or what he was. He admitted he was soft as ? and often in his feelings and that's what led to him getting into all of the ? that happened to him. Ain't nobody who was actually alive when Pac was or aware of ? put Pac on super ? status. It's people who came after who put Pac on that level.
  • StreetRap
    StreetRap Members Posts: 416
    Options
    When did he say he was soft?

People tend to judge by how tall you and think if you tall you hard

but sometimes the shorter guys are more ? and on edge the

tall guys can sometimes be docile

the shorter guys they madd they crazy they gotta prove they tuff and act out

taller dudes know they big so they more chill

hence Pac, DMX, Ja Rule ,Prodigy etc

You can't put yourself out there crazy unless you got some hands to back it up

what they lack in height they make up for in speed and energy, wire strength
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

History says different, although the reasons he walked were his fame and the situation being so public and blatant against the officers...
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    StreetRap wrote: »
    When did he say he was soft?

People tend to judge by how tall you and think if you tall you hard

but sometimes the shorter guys are more ? and on edge the

tall guys can sometimes be docile

the shorter guys they madd they crazy they gotta prove they tuff and act out

taller dudes know they big so they more chill

hence Pac, DMX, Ja Rule ,Prodigy etc

You can't put yourself out there crazy unless you got some hands to back it up

what they lack in height they make up for in speed and energy, wire strength

incredulous.gif
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    1. Chance was born in 1993 so he doesn't remember the 90s. You can always do some research, but its not the same as LIVING through the 90s.

2. The best rappers are just that, rappers. They aren't really living that life or else they'd be dead or in jail. If you go back and check the Reason for every rapper that got shot or thats locked up, those are the guys that really lived the life. Cats like Bobby Shmurda or Max B. But the best rappers, Scarface, Jay, Nas, Cube, 2Pac, Biggie. Even 50 Cent and Cam, at some point they had to make a decision what they wanted to do with their lives, did they want to stand on the block and sell drugs or did they want to sit inside the house and write rhymes and block everything else out?

I believe that Cube, Scarface, Nas, Jay, 2Pac, Biggie, 50 Cent, Cam, etc. KNEW some thorough cats. They might have seen somebody get shot. I know I've seen people get shot at parties and I could write a rhyme about it, but I've never squeezed a trigger and I'd be pretty stupid to rap about it if I did.

50 cent was official … cam did his thing … they ain't choose to stop they lucked up
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    lmao never paid this thread any mind but come to think of it EVERYBODY was giggity-gankin bustas with the 9 milli-meetah in the early 90's

lots of super gangsters.....that nobody we knew could vouch for.....no social media and what not, the only thing we knew about these guys was what they put in the records and videos for the most part

im highly aware a lot of them guys were fake but cant nobody tell me Nate Dogg didnt have 16 in the clip and 1 in the hole idc idc idc idc

I agree to an extent because news didn't move like it does now and no social media but back then if you couldn't rep a city/neighborhood/block/burrough and you wasn't being vouched for by the real reptables. You either had to be one of them or basically a spokesman for the hood but it still had to be something real validating you. Of course there is an exception to every rule and you had your industry plants and studio gangsters but it wasn't as easy to start a rap career back then as it is today.

Real ? was consigning fake ? 4 clout… that's why they would roll to tha club take pics 4 clout an allow the rapper 2 rap about his life… it was a win win tha rapper look like a real ? around real ? an tha real ? won because they woul gain local fame by been known to kick it wit famous mfs…e.i jayz,big…
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big rappers miss the industry no kin to me attitude of the underground

it's like being locked for a few years and you see people that are free

underground rappers are more authentic get to be more of themselves

mainstream get to be where the ? becomes way to industry everything is manipulated

rappers rapping with other rappers they don't like to sell a record

lil ? fame changes things the highest levels of success changes things

you no longer a hungry lion you lose the passion for the game once you reach a level of success

the thrill of the come up is over with

the thrill of being a new artist is over

now your overrated and played out the underground rappers are new and fresh

but I don't expect reason stans to understand the concept

Yall are to industry minded no balance of understanding the pros of the underground

mainstream groupies

We just be fans of the underground we not groupies cuz guess what the rappers aint famous

We don't fall for hype it's all about the skills

I still got respect for the mainstream rappers that display talent

just not falling for the latest new hype on the mainstream or what considered popular

I know it seems hater but just trying to stay true to the essence