2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at we'd take him.......as if the Knicks have a choice....lol

The Knicks doesn't have a bright future at all....
    Just because they have porzingis means nothing.........these ? been struggling to build around star players since Patrick ewing......

The best Knicks squad they had since the 90s might be the squad they went to the finals with in 99 that had Camby spreewell Houston and Patrick Ewing on the bench nursing a injury...

Than you had the ? awful Stephon Marbury years that I can't talk about cause I ain't watch them........

Than you had the tmac run when he still had a lil juice in the tank.....that didn't last long ....i watched that ? .....remember tmac trying to carry them to wins his first couple games with Eddie house being the second best player on the squad.......

And to think in between and after all of that u had Jamal Crawford David Lee Eddie curry galinari amare stoudamire washed up jalen rose penny hardaway dikembe mutumbo etc........

Smh the Knicks are a joke

Whats your team bruh?
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think itd far fetched for teams not to want Lebron. Hes 32 going on 33 entering i think his 15th season.

Kobe at the same age avg 27 5 5 carrying a bad lakers team to an 8th seed til he tore his achilles.

Lebron once again gonna olay heavy minutes to carry tne cavs.

He's built like a tank but not indestructible. I wouldn't be surprised if nagging injuries creep up on lebron this year.

Last thing you want is an injury prone old ego maniac player. ? cripples a franchise
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Tmac/Sergio rodriguez knicks were must see tv
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Don't want Lebron at all. Don't need him coming in gutting the team to bring in over the hill spot up shooters. As long as Golden State is still healthy and young all teams right now have unrealistic nba championship chances. Go add on to your legacy somewhere else LeGM, your services are not needed are wanted here.
    Lowkey GOAT post.

Not when that muhfucker is pushin 33. Not when he has a tendency to ? when he doesn't get his way. I'd welcome Bron to Philly ONLY on the condition that he understand his role; he'd be Moses Malone to Joel being Doc. He might be the best player on the roster, but he would t be the leader at all.

Since that ain't Bron's MO, let him go.....
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lebron is the epitome of using basketball as a tool

he wants so much more than to just be a great basketball player (it seems to me)

thats the only reason i could see why he would want to leave the east

off the court ?
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Broussard saying Cavs had Bledsoe and Paul George deal going into draft, with Kyrie going to PHX.
    But Bron wouldn't commit long-term so they didn't do the deal.
  • Knightrider
    Knightrider Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Lol at we'd take him.......as if the Knicks have a choice....lol

The Knicks doesn't have a bright future at all....
    Just because they have porzingis means nothing.........these ? been struggling to build around star players since Patrick ewing......

The best Knicks squad they had since the 90s might be the squad they went to the finals with in 99 that had Camby spreewell Houston and Patrick Ewing on the bench nursing a injury...

Than you had the ? awful Stephon Marbury years that I can't talk about cause I ain't watch them........

Than you had the tmac run when he still had a lil juice in the tank.....that didn't last long ....i watched that ? .....remember tmac trying to carry them to wins his first couple games with Eddie house being the second best player on the squad.......

And to think in between and after all of that u had Jamal Crawford David Lee Eddie curry galinari amare stoudamire washed up jalen rose penny hardaway dikembe mutumbo etc........

Smh the Knicks are a joke

Whats your team bruh?

No disrespect to you ? ...just talking ball
  • Knightrider
    Knightrider Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    That's the problem that most teams face when playing in the NYC market, the fans and the media aren't patient enough to tolerate a proper rebuild so that's why the Knicks go out and trade for big names in the hopes of drawing attention and giving the look of them trying to be competitive.

I don't agree about the fans not being patient enough maybe the media but not the fans.......

I think the fans learn from the previous years with trading your youthful players for washed up has beens because around 2011

I remember alot of fans saying that the Knicks should just let melo walk to the Knicks and not give up all those pieces for him....and you had the media and idiots like Stephen a Smith say when you have a player with the skill set that melo has you get him now no matter what.......

And let's be honest Knicks fans be loving any
    Player that does just a lil something....jamal Crawford was a fan favorite Jeremy Lin was a favorite galinari a favorite David Lee was a favorite I remember watching spike Lee wearing Landry fields jerseys and ? ......

Remember the garden is always sold out and it doesn't matter who is playing which proves to me that the fans wouldn't have a problem with a proper rebuild.......cause they supports whoever.......

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the problem with LeBron is he wants to be the gm also.
  • Beta
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    I just realized Nerlens Noel still is unsigned.

BOOM?!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get what y'all saying it's just kinda hilarious at first glance for folks to wanna win but not want lebron
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Kyrie's version of "Stan", "Dear Lebron".... lmfao

https://youtu.be/6wh01uslfy4

The last line got me to lol
  • Beta
    edited August 2017
    Options

I thought he was gonna be decent after his stint in Philly but 3 teams later...

ray mccallum ass ?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant said the onus is on everyone, but more so on people of stature, to take a stand.

"For us to move forward, we need more athletes and people of power and influence to come out and speak," Durant said. "It's great to see a lot of athletes coming together and trying to direct a positive path for a lot of kids and a lot of people in this country who look up to us.

"It's huge for us. It's huge for sports. It's huge for the influence we have, because we're leaders at the end of the day. It feels good to see my brothers in the NBA and across sports speaking out."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20371337/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-no-intention-visiting-white-house-harsh-words-president-donald-trump
  • All5KingDrive
    All5KingDrive Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Broussard saying Cavs had Bledsoe and Paul George deal going into draft, with Kyrie going to PHX.
    But Bron wouldn't commit long-term so they didn't do the deal.

Don't you believe it

• NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I saw another report saying the reason they're beefing so hard is because of Dan Gilbert's support for Trump lol

Lebron absolutely despises trump and Gilbert actually went as far as to donate 750k to one of trumps charities or causes you can see how that would start the disconnect smfh
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I saw another report saying the reason they're beefing so hard is because of Dan Gilbert's support for Trump lol

Lebron absolutely despises trump and Gilbert actually went as far as to donate 750k to one of trumps charities or causes you can see how that would start the disconnect smfh

Im sure Lebron hates Trump and all that, but which team doesnt have a racist owner?

To me its mostly Lebron doing ? right this time. Let the world know early on you gonna be out, blame the team, and then use the Trump factor, and this time around no one will blame him for leaving a 2nd time.