Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Emm holla came through with the spam

Good looking lol

Btw you ever heard of perrion?
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what new york city sounds like! Get familiar!
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Emm holla came through with the spam

Good looking lol

Btw you ever heard of perrion?

? from Harlem? Yeah..

#HBTL ? ! There aint a new rapper out that rap better than Don Q right now.. That is a fact!

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NY needs to string together a couple of classic albums
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    If you got Papoose on your list of 10 hottest rappers in the city, it's not looking good b

For the sake of the argument why not?

He doesn't make music that people want to listen to. Other cities you can name rappers that make good music and are more current

The bold is a generalized statement. He might not make music that fans of Yachty and Uzi etc likes. But there is an audience that will listen to his music.

Look I listen to and enjoy everything. I can acknowledge it's a time and place for Papoose. I like American Dream album but most people would really have to be in a certain mood to play that. That's music you can really only listen to when you're by yourself. Most people in New York and Jersey don't even like that ? . My point is you're not in a good place when a rapper who people already didn't dig like that when he was at his peak 12 years ago is considered one of the 10 hottest in your city. That means your city is colder than the iceberg that sunk the titantic.

The thing is the NYC scene is bad because most of the music isn't good, no creativity, very stagnant and outside of a couple singles there's nothing that could bring people together that they will enjoy. Like I said there's a few artists like ASAP Rocky, French Montana and Cardi B who are exceptions but even their music isn't on the same level as artists from other cities. Then you got Joey Badass who had a great album and Dave East who can rap and makes good music, nice beats and concepts.

But overall NYC used to dominate and had everything checked off. It's 20 million people in the metro area so population wise they should be doing better than just now having 3 or 4 hot rappers after 10 years of virtually nothing.

But what if he evolves. Veterans have had second and sometimes 3rd waves in their careers. Not saying Papoose will blow up but you never know.

The problem with the NY scene isn't really about rappers "not making good music". It's about politics, it's about the artists not getting the push. The bs from other regions a decade ago got pushed regardless of whether people liked it or not.

Dog, you don't get it... the music ain't hot like that for the most part. I know good music when I hear it.

Music is subjective. And what makes you the authority of what good music sounds like?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Looking at that list again I'm positive Beta trollin

My man made a point to say "Papoose on MMG" like that ? made him hot all of a sudden

@Nah Son, my 'Online Bae' isn't a troll. He just wanted to place emphasis on an east coast rapper being signed to a southern record label. Nothing more; nothing less.

This baby dee lookin freak stay friend zonin this fool lmaooooo
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao someone on here said Snoop and them took New Yorks ? and 9/11 took the shaft
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Options
    The best thing coming outta ny is conway n westside and they aint even from nyc
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    West Coast currently putting out the best music in HipHop and they do NOT imitate. It's still G-Funk on a lot of their records

Best music period. Not just hip hop.

The album in my AVI is still my album of 2017 until further notice...

Hell yea Thundercat elevated and I didn't even think he could. Saw him perform at Roots Picnic in June and he killed it.. going to see him again at Afropunk in Brooklyn next week.

Any NYC posters that got an issue with me can run the fade while Raphael Saadiq (another Cali legend) performs.. :)

Had to pass this year. Been there 3 years straight. Needed a break. That and tix sold out quick. Afropunk is huge now.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's like deep down y'all want New York City to be back on top.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

Put them numbers up …43mill the highest on yo vid selection…
    He might be the new king of ny wit does numbers idk any other rapper THATS MOT JAYZ OR NAS putin does numbers…https://youtube.com/watch?v=55iN4H6kRN4 lil uzi 63mill
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    going to see him again at Afropunk in Brooklyn next week.

Any NYC posters that got an issue with me can run the fade.
    That wack ass festival is for hipsters, weirdos, nerds, homos and bisexuals.
    Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival >>>
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Afropunk is literally a sea of black people of all shapes and sizes, coming together in unity enjoying everything there is about black culture from the ratchets to the conscious to the spiritual and creatives.... yet, someone finds a way to hate on that? Its ? like you that would get sacrificed or left behind since you aren't down for the team. The world is bigger than your block Tom
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    West Coast currently putting out the best music in HipHop and they do NOT imitate. It's still G-Funk on a lot of their records

Best music period. Not just hip hop.

The album in my AVI is still my album of 2017 until further notice...

Hell yea Thundercat elevated and I didn't even think he could. Saw him perform at Roots Picnic in June and he killed it.. going to see him again at Afropunk in Brooklyn next week.

Any NYC posters that got an issue with me can run the fade while Raphael Saadiq (another Cali legend) performs.. :)

Had to pass this year. Been there 3 years straight. Needed a break. That and tix sold out quick. Afropunk is huge now.

I been there the last 3 years too. Last year I was running late and a group of 10 Swedish Ethiopian ? (word to my brotha Zorrow) pulled up on my car outside and asked me to take them to the liquor store.. we grabbed a couple bottles and they got me backstage free. They were doing makeup for one of the artists. I was chilling with them when Ice Cube brought out Ren and Yella. ? was goat. I still keep in touch with a couple of those broads but they all the way in Sweden.
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who cares if ny ain't on top nomore...but all these ? on list is wack besides conway,Westside gunn and tone atlas
  • 270crownst
    Options
    And Benny the butcher
  • 270crownst
    Options
    https://youtu.be/0lIgGaFRjsU go listen to that tone atlas water to wine ep..one of best joints from Ny
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Afropunk is literally a sea of black people of all shapes and sizes, coming together in unity enjoying everything there is about black culture from the ratchets to theyet, someone finds a way to hate on that? Its ? like you that would get sacrificed or left behind since you aren't down for the team.

Chill out Spyda. The same thing can be said for Brooklyn's HipHop Festival. Its just a bunch of weirdos in that afropunk festival with colorful dreads and ?

Yo buttah its galou olu dara. I thought we were cool?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not with desiigner young ma and french montana and troy ave theniggas flakes nd i dont like bull ? . Action bronson is wack because he bit ghostface style and then had the nerve to say he better than him, typical whiteboy culture vulture. Asap rocky i havent heard from in a while its like he dissapeare around 2014 . If he was still making moves i wouldnt know cuz i dont watch mtv and local stations in south florida dont play his songs that much. So is ny back? Are they gonna stop sounding like trap rappers now?
  • 270crownst
    Options
    Most of the young ny ? are not going to stop sounding like trap rappers..most of them didn't grew up listening to old eastcoast sound...theyre like 20 to 25..it is what it is..
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »
    Afropunk is literally a sea of black people of all shapes and sizes, coming together in unity enjoying everything there is about black culture from the ratchets to theyet, someone finds a way to hate on that? Its ? like you that would get sacrificed or left behind since you aren't down for the team.

Chill out Spyda. The same thing can be said for Brooklyn's HipHop Festival. Its just a bunch of weirdos in that afropunk festival with colorful dreads and ?

Yo buttah its galou olu dara. I thought we were cool?

We cool always. I ? with Brooklyn hip hop festival too but it's room for both. Like I said Ice Cube headlined last year. Yea it's a lot of eccentric people there but it's also people you would consider regular too. Afropunk just got a lot of different genres. It's not hip hop only.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Not with desiigner young ma and french montana and troy ave theniggas flakes nd i dont like bull ? . Action bronson is wack because he bit ghostface style and then had the nerve to say he better than him, typical whiteboy culture vulture. Asap rocky i havent heard from in a while its like he dissapeare around 2014 . If he was still making moves i wouldnt know cuz i dont watch mtv and local stations in south florida dont play his songs that much. So is ny back? Are they gonna stop sounding like trap rappers now?

There are a few newer artists from NY that don't do the mumble rap thing, don't really rap over trap beats for the most part and is lyrical and sound like they're from NY without sounding like the 90's but they don't get they're ? played like that. Maybe Flex will spin the record a few times but that's it, but when the latest mumble rap garbage drops hot97 is all over it like flys on ? . It's not about "NY coming back" it doesn't need to come back, but at least reward those that build a buzz with consistent radio play. I'm talking about A Boogie and Don Q, Joey BadA$$ and Dave East etc.