2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How does "blame" fall on him for leaving the first time?
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

not a bad move maybe he could use a change of scenery

for like the 4th time lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

It shouldn't

Only thing "wrong" was the spectacle of "The Decision"
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I dont think he was wrong. Casual fans did though. And his image took a hit. Thats what he wants to avoid, and hes doing a good job with all these "leaks"
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KD won't visit the White House if invited. Not a hard decision to make. Hope the whole team refuses.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is 6 rings too many for a man during his lifetime?

I pray my Chicago Bulls win atleast 6 more before I die.
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh Youuuuu ? Niggggaaaaz!!!!!!!!!

#LetTheBooksRead....
    #TheGOATwasBornAndRaisedInNortheastOhio
    #SoHeChoseToRockClevelandAcrossHisChest
    #Ya'llWillNeverKnowTheFeeling...
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KD won't visit the White House if invited. Not a hard decision to make. Hope the whole team refuses.

They'll be the first champions ever to not be invited to the white house, which is a great title to have
  • All5KingDrive
    All5KingDrive Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    I see LeBron's IC, PR, team is back at it again

I'm out
  • All5KingDrive
    Options

#LetTheBooksRead....

You like Us Chicago ? 's when we see another person got murked here.

It's fine...

Nah, Bingo Daugherty. The house in Cleveland is on FIRE. LeBron and Kyrie bout to burn that ? to the ground
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think LeBron to Philly is a good move next summer. Philly is a top 5 basketball market, they play in the east, have an extremely low payroll, and lots of young talent that LeBron can help mold. Philly wouldn't have to get rid of anybody because they wouldn't have to trade to get LeBron. Besides we know LeBron is going to sign 1 year deals so if it looks like he's trying to run that franchise Philly can just let him walk the following summer. On the flipside you know you'll be in the finals and have a great chance to win it all, especially if the warriors get an injury. At this stage of his career I'm sure LeBron will defer more and let the young guys do the heavy lifting, which will stretch his career.
  • All5KingDrive
    Options
    ROFL

LMMFAO

LeBron James ain't goin to no Damn Philly
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    That's the problem that most teams face when playing in the NYC market, the fans and the media aren't patient enough to tolerate a proper rebuild so that's why the Knicks go out and trade for big names in the hopes of drawing attention and giving the look of them trying to be competitive.

I don't agree about the fans not being patient enough maybe the media but not the fans.......

I think the fans learn from the previous years with trading your youthful players for washed up has beens because around 2011

I remember alot of fans saying that the Knicks should just let melo walk to the Knicks and not give up all those pieces for him....and you had the media and idiots like Stephen a Smith say when you have a player with the skill set that melo has you get him now no matter what.......

And let's be honest Knicks fans be loving any
    Player that does just a lil something....jamal Crawford was a fan favorite Jeremy Lin was a favorite galinari a favorite David Lee was a favorite I remember watching spike Lee wearing Landry fields jerseys and ? ......

Remember the garden is always sold out and it doesn't matter who is playing which proves to me that the fans wouldn't have a problem with a proper rebuild.......cause they supports whoever.......

Swear to ? I was just talking to my homie about this. This false narrative that NY fans ain't patient enough to rebuild ? we don't wanna lose?! We been losing for YEARS why not lose with a point of building something.

I agree with your post 1000%.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    I think LeBron to Philly is a good move next summer. Philly is a top 5 basketball market, they play in the east, have an extremely low payroll, and lots of young talent that LeBron can help mold. Philly wouldn't have to get rid of anybody because they wouldn't have to trade to get LeBron. Besides we know LeBron is going to sign 1 year deals so if it looks like he's trying to run that franchise Philly can just let him walk the following summer. On the flipside you know you'll be in the finals and have a great chance to win it all, especially if the warriors get an injury. At this stage of his career I'm sure LeBron will defer more and let the young guys do the heavy lifting, which will stretch his career.

The bolded is what they thought would happen in Cleveland. I don't think Lebron knows how or wants to defer to anyone. Also Cleveland didn't trade for Lebron but yet they still gutted the roster to please his needs.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Building the all time depth chart for every nba franchise

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727341-building-the-all-time-depth-chart-for-every-nba-franchise

PG: Chris Paul, Baron Davis, Jrue Holiday

SG: David Wesley

SF: Peja Stojakovic, Jamal Mashburn

PF: David West, Ryan Anderson, P.J. Brown

C: Anthony Davis, Jamaal Magloire, Tyson Chandler, Emeka Okafor

Head Coach: Byron Scott

? That, no EG, no Tyreke Evans or even Rasual Butler.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simmons and lebron 2 elite playmaking wings wit embiid and fultz man that team would be a match up PROBLEM

Reason why I think it's unlikely is the sixers main pieces are too young and inexperienced.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm scared for embiid because the sixers have expectations now
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

#LetTheBooksRead....

He is in 17-18 mode like any other player, i didn't expect to see him throwin up deuces
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Building the all time depth chart for every nba franchise

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727341-building-the-all-time-depth-chart-for-every-nba-franchise

PG: Chris Paul, Baron Davis, Jrue Holiday

SG: David Wesley

SF: Peja Stojakovic, Jamal Mashburn

PF: David West, Ryan Anderson, P.J. Brown

C: Anthony Davis, Jamaal Magloire, Tyson Chandler, Emeka Okafor

Head Coach: Byron Scott

? That, no EG, no Tyreke Evans or even Rasual Butler.

I never saw Tyreke play as good as he is on 2K lol

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simmons and lebron 2 elite playmaking wings wit embiid and fultz man that team would be a match up PROBLEM

Reason why I think it's unlikely is the sixers main pieces are too young and inexperienced.

They finna be a match up PROBLEM without him. My squad will grow and learn together without help from a superhero. It will make their 2020 championship more special. No they only won bcuz of Lebron narratives. The squad bout to follow The Dubs path to a dynasty. B)
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    richest contract in NBA history been offered 45 days ago and Russ STILL aint sign it.

if nothing changes by October, 2018 will have the greatest offseason ever

• gman82
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

The bolded is what they thought would happen in Cleveland. I don't think Lebron knows how or wants to defer to anyone. Also Cleveland didn't trade for Lebron but yet they still gutted the roster to please his needs.

OG LeBron will be entering his 16th season next summer. At some point he is going to have to defer and I think he knows that. Don't you think it would be a good idea for someone of his statute to help mold the young guys, especially since he is okay with passing the ball? Remember LeBron would only have maybe 4 years left, after that the youngins will continue to win WITHOUT LeBron being present. Remember, Embiids health is a question mark. If he goes down they can still win with LeBron being present.
  • gman82
    Options

True, they are young, but if all goes well this season they will gain some valuable experience. They probably won't win the 1st year with LeBron but after that everyone will have at least 3 years of experience. I think LeBron should take a cut and let the young guys carry him his last few years, kind of like Duncan did. That sixers team would be a match up nightmare.