• THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK, I ALWAYS FELT BAD FOR THIS DUDE...
    HE WAS JUST ANOTHER CAT W/ DREADS...
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ace Hood suppose to be Just as Big as Meek Mill and the Rest of these artists out here.It's a Dog eat Dog World in the music Business.That's why you start your own Niche and build your own Fanbase.Dj Khaled is eating real good off of Acehood Success .
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His Combat Jack interview was dope.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man... i aint even gone front Ace Hood was like one of my favorite rappers at one point, i dont know i just stopped listening to his ? cause it all kinda started to sound the same and even though people try to ? on him he aint ever had no problem dropping a radio hit.
  • TonyDubbz
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Kinda surprised that Khaled aint reached out to dude to repair they business relationship too. He was all about Ace before he started getting all the mainstream rappers on his albums

EDIT: Nevermind watched the interview I guess him and Khaled aint as bad off as that ? seemed b4
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He ? wasn't bad at all it just didn't stand out

Who?

If u talking about Meek he was out way before Ace Hood

Ace Hood didnt blow properly because he didnt have a gimmick unfortunately...He didnt sell no dope or wasnt some superthug with enhanced gun bars, ? was just a real regular dude spittin

Nobody putting money into real or regular anymore tho
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did meek come out, ace been around almost 10 years
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If we're going by debut albums, Ace dropped his in 08 and Meek dropped his in 11. but I think Meek might've been rapping longer in general and had more of a buzz. Pretty sure Ace was only on We The Best as far as labels, Meek been on Grand Hustle/Atlantic and MMG. I think Ross just did better developing Meek than Khaled did with Ace.
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    Ace linked up wit Khaled in 07 and dropped Bankroll which was his first radio single

Meek signed to Ross in like 2010 or 2011

that is unless we talking bout mixtapes and all
  • Qiv_Owan
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Im talking about putting out music in general, Meek was buzzin since 04 doing all those Philly DVDs and dropping mixtapes

Get Focused was the SMACK for Philly ? , cant remember the other series right now

Meek actually signed to Grand Hustle in 06 or 07 and then got locked up so that fell through, if im not mistaken Tip went looking for the lil ? to sign him

I been listening to dude from cornrows to individuals, Mainstream Meek is the dude with the low cut

? really looked up to Beans too

Shoutout to Wiz, he came up around the same time too
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    He ? wasn't bad at all it just didn't stand out

Who?

If u talking about Meek he was out way before Ace Hood

Ace Hood didnt blow properly because he didnt have a gimmick unfortunately...He didnt sell no dope or wasnt some superthug with enhanced gun bars, ? was just a real regular dude spittin

Nobody putting money into real or regular anymore tho

? , just because the ? came out first don't mean he had the style first.

Meek style was entirely different before 08, not necessarily saying he outright stole it, but you can't sit here and say Ace hood ain't have that before Meek ran with it
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited August 2017
    Options
    They said what we all been saying tho, we knew hits but didn't Kno ace or his bodies of work

To whom it may concern one of his coldest songs
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options
    His project is out now, Trust The Process
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For what ever reason i never gave his music a chance but his chick was/ is bad tho
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Wttf is up wit this delusional talk meek took ace style & ace is suppose to be where meek is @ wtf????? 1 is from Philly & the other is from Florida only on the donkey Reason SMH.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blood sweat and tears his best album
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Blood sweat and tears his best album

That's Kool & ace is dope @ wat he do but all this hater delusional talk like meek stole ace shyne/style is wrong....cuz u mean to tell me ace was bagging Nikki & going plat exposing Milli vanilli posers outta hip hop like Meek???! Plz meek has his own path like ace & ace got a baddy on his side now so I doubt he gives a ? about a hater on the net using him as a tool2 chop meek down to give meek another internet L....nerd ? !
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • MasterJayN100
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

If we're going by debut albums, Ace dropped his in 08 and Meek dropped his in 11. but I think Meek might've been rapping longer in general and had more of a buzz. Pretty sure Ace was only on We The Best as far as labels, Meek been on Grand Hustle/Atlantic and MMG. I think Ross just did better developing Meek than Khaled did with Ace.

Meek had Street Buzz that's why he blew up the way he did..Plus he had Rick Ross to Boost his career in outer space
  • MasterJayN100
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Ace linked up wit Khaled in 07 and dropped Bankroll which was his first radio single

Meek signed to Ross in like 2010 or 2011

that is unless we talking bout mixtapes and all

Ace Hood stood by Dj Khaled when other people wasnt ? with Khaled like that..I dont see why Khaled wont Back Him.Give him a Few Hits to help his album soar.Some ? get the big head and forget who was there.I hope Ace Hood Blows up on his own.