White Supremacist rally in Charlottesville

Options

Comments

• MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    America trying to erase slavery from its history....

What's viewed as a win for some, is viewed as a loss for others. They're not taking down the statues and offering apologies or reparations. After some thought, thats how i view it.

Remind y'all, schools books are starting to print out that Africans were brought here as "Immigrant Workers".

Str8 Up!

This is a main "talking point" that no in the media seems to bring up!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    lol Robert E lee's grand children are denouncing that ? rally. They are wondering why trump didn't lol.

Robert E Lee himself denounced the building of confederate memorials and statues.

And the flag.

He didn't even want it on his grave when he dies, nor did he want his soldiers wearin it
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Shout out Oakland

m3p5w7o7awb1.gif
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »
    did president Trump tweet out that he was proud of his fellow Americans for showing up and protesting hate in such large numbers?

Believe it or not he kinda did, I assume someone made him do it. Obviously I don't believe him.
    cyntjanbkl0y.png

Trump is like a less polished version of Dre on Power. He says damn near everything for and against everone, to everyone else (except blacks), trying to play both sides for personal gain while his alligience lies with self.

....can't believe nothing he says....and what he doesn't say (regarding blacks) speaks volumes.

Co sign, I mean I want to believe he's acting presidential and doing the right thing with these tweets but given his track record this looks like some thinly veiled ? . The latter half of your post being the most important thing too... he can give praise to "what's right" (e.g., anti-protesters) but won't speak on the actual issue?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

He said he just wanted to protect the statue an now his life is over his family getting death threats he says he's 21 years old an his life his over he cant stay in his community.........

e9iwpzlvs3ku.gif

that is so hot! *faps*
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I've seen couple ppl talkin bout reparations. SMH. Man gtfoh. America aint finna give ? no reparations. They will buy ? a 1 way ticket back to Africa b4 they pay any reparations.

So do you believe that it is not worth fighting for? ? is out here fighting to take down statues that they didn't care about last week I'm just stating that those same white people that think they are doing us a favor by protesting this and advocating to get these statues taken down would never support anything that would truly get black people in a better situation, like reparations

Surely, you do not believe that these counter-protests do not help black people at all, do you?

Explain to me how does it help? Have our problems disappeared since the removal of these statues? How has removing statues improved black peoples condition in this country? Should black people forgive all of the atrocities committed against us by this country and still being committed til this day because some white people are willing to protest to get some statues taken down?
    Yeah i hate ignorant ? like you. The system of white supremacy wont change overnite. You have to chip away as much as you can. Aslong as the mainstream media's focused on white nationlist, and confederate monuments are coming down, racism loses. They are slowly losing power. But ? like you cant see the bigger picture bc its not happening overnite. FOH
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20395517/kevin-sumlin-proud-texas-canceled-campus-white-nationalist-rally-scheduled-sept-11
    Sumlin 'proud' A&M nixed white nationalist rally

Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin praised the school's decision to cancel an on-campus white nationalist rally scheduled for next month, saying he is "proud" of university leadership.

Sumlin addressed reporters Saturday for the first time since Texas A&M called off the "White Lives Matter" rally on Monday, citing a "major security risk."

"I'm really proud of [the school's decision]," Sumlin said. "I was thankful and very, very proud of Chancellor [John] Sharp and our president to put an end to it."

Preston Wiginton, who is a former Texas A&M student, organized the rally for Sept. 11. He said he was inspired by last weekend's white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, where a vehicle plowed into a group of counterprotesters, killing one and injuring 19.

Wiginton said he had invited prominent white nationalist Richard Spencer to address the rally. Spencer spoke at an A&M event in December, when he was met by hundreds of protesters, many of whom gathered at Kyle Field football stadium.

"[This is a time] when leadership comes to the front, and our leadership did that," Sumlin said. "We've talked about that as a team too, and our appreciation for our leadership to step in. It's big for the players, big for our coaching staff -- it's big for everybody."

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen couple ppl talkin bout reparations. SMH. Man gtfoh. America aint finna give ? no reparations. They will buy ? a 1 way ticket back to Africa b4 they pay any reparations.

So do you believe that it is not worth fighting for? ? is out here fighting to take down statues that they didn't care about last week I'm just stating that those same white people that think they are doing us a favor by protesting this and advocating to get these statues taken down would never support anything that would truly get black people in a better situation, like reparations

Surely, you do not believe that these counter-protests do not help black people at all, do you?

Explain to me how does it help? Have our problems disappeared since the removal of these statues? How has removing statues improved black peoples condition in this country? Should black people forgive all of the atrocities committed against us by this country and still being committed til this day because some white people are willing to protest to get some statues taken down?
    Yeah i hate ignorant ? like you. The system of white supremacy wont change overnite. You have to chip away as much as you can. Aslong as the mainstream media's focused on white nationlist, and confederate monuments are coming down, racism loses. They are slowly losing power. But ? like you cant see the bigger picture bc its not happening overnite. FOH

? blacks been chipping away at racism since we got over here.....so when are we gone start taking out large chunks?
  • stringer bell
    Options

JACKSON: Well, what I’m getting at is, there’s always the threat of such a thing. When the left organizes, there’s never a threat. We don’t care, we want their policy positions to get out.

But even the threat of it. And what is it coming on? It’s coming on the heels of Charlottesville, Virginia, which, quite frankly, is a joke. Everybody talks about there being two sides to this argument. This is a one-sided argument.
    JACKSON: We can look at this in the microcosm and say congratulations, Boston didn’t blow itself up and burn itself down like Ferguson and the many other places where the left tends to dominate, but the fact of the matter is, to even have to worry about this nonsense is ridiculous.

JACKSON: If we want to talk about Charlottesville, let me explain to you that is a left-creation. And it is a farce that we are even talking about it and putting it on the right. It’s disingenuous.
    JACKSON: We had supposedly all these various group who got miraculously on the same buses, originated in the same place and when you dig into this deeper, we’re going to find out that there’s some malfeasance behind this that involves the left.

I don’t care if the KKK wants to protest something. Statues coming down don’t affect black people in any way. It’s an absolute nonsense we’re even talking about this in any true discourse because of Confederate statues. Confederate statues haven’t bothered anybody black in decades. Black people walk by those statues every day.

25316301154_e968ac1aa2_o.gif
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JACKSON: We had supposedly all these various group who got miraculously on the same buses, originated in the same place and when you dig into this deeper, we’re going to find out that there’s some malfeasance behind this that involves the left.

This doesnt even make sense
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So taking down statues is going to stop racist from being racist? Dumb ? like you said the same ? would happen with intergration and decades later you still facing the same problems. You love white people more than yourself
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    did president Trump tweet out that he was proud of his fellow Americans for showing up and protesting hate in such large numbers?

Believe it or not he kinda did, I assume someone made him do it. Obviously I don't believe him.
    cyntjanbkl0y.png

Yea, somebody obviously wrote those tweets for him because hours earlier Trump began to attack the good protesters and take the side of the racists again when he tweeted the following..................

a67xzymtsfld.png

Boston calmly shut that ? down and sent those clowns packing with ease. Idk what this ? is on about.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So taking down statues is going to stop racist from being racist? Dumb ? like you said the same ? would happen with intergration and decades later you still facing the same problems. You love white people more than yourself
    No. You're slowly taking away their power. White ppl have controlled everything in this country, from money, laws & more importantly HISTORY. The more ppl from other races come 2 realize the atrocities white ppl have commited, the less control white ppl will have over the narritive. Those statues are just a reminder of white supremacy. Use ur brain ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

JACKSON: Well, what I’m getting at is, there’s always the threat of such a thing. When the left organizes, there’s never a threat. We don’t care, we want their policy positions to get out.

But even the threat of it. And what is it coming on? It’s coming on the heels of Charlottesville, Virginia, which, quite frankly, is a joke. Everybody talks about there being two sides to this argument. This is a one-sided argument.
    JACKSON: We can look at this in the microcosm and say congratulations, Boston didn’t blow itself up and burn itself down like Ferguson and the many other places where the left tends to dominate, but the fact of the matter is, to even have to worry about this nonsense is ridiculous.

JACKSON: If we want to talk about Charlottesville, let me explain to you that is a left-creation. And it is a farce that we are even talking about it and putting it on the right. It’s disingenuous.

I don’t care if the KKK wants to protest something. Statues coming down don’t affect black people in any way. It’s an absolute nonsense we’re even talking about this in any true discourse because of Confederate statues. Confederate statues haven’t bothered anybody black in decades. Black people walk by those statues every day.

25316301154_e968ac1aa2_o.gif

Victims of what? Did they not have the WH for damn near a decade before Obama got in and didn't they drag us into two pointless wars and a recession? Who victimized them?
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

No. You're slowly taking away their power. White ppl have controlled everything in this country, from money, laws & more importantly HISTORY. The more ppl from other races come 2 realize the atrocities white ppl have commited, the less control white ppl will have over the narritive. Those statues are just a reminder of white supremacy. Use ur brain ?

Only a ? would be ? about symbols of oppression being removed from around the country or think it's only symbolic. A majority were erected during the civil rights era as a message to AA's that no matter what was gained they'll always be inferior.
  • stringer bell
    edited August 2017
    Options
    https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/student-who-attended-charlottesville-rally-leaves-university-after-being-outed/
    Student Who Attended Charlottesville Rally Leaves University After Being Outed

nicholas-fuentes-e1503243712877.jpg

An 18-year-old (former) student at Boston University is calling it quits after being outed for his white nationalist views.

Nicholas Fuentes attended the deadly “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia where a few hundred white supremacists gathered to stoke fear and racial tension. At that rally, Heather Heyer was killed and 19 additional people were injured, some severely, in an attack allegedly committed by suspect James Alex Fields Jr.

Fuentes, personally, has “no regrets” about his contribution to the white nationalist movement and rally. He said:

I went to represent this new strain of conservatives, of people in the right wing who are opposed to mass immigration and multiculturalism. For a long time, this existed on the fringes. I thought it was a political victory – we exposed the removal of Confederate statues, and this disenfranchised group of white males.”

In the aftermath of the ugliness that befell Charlottesville, white nationalists have been exposed by users of social media. Fuentes is not the first student targeted for his attendance at the rally. Peter Cvjetanovic, a white nationalist student at the University of Nevada, Reno, is the target of an online petition calling for his ouster. As of today, that petition has nearly 36,000 signatures.

James Allsup, a student at Washington State University, was forced to resign from his position as the leader of the College Republicans there. Both Allsup and Cvjetanovic plan to remain students in spite of very public opposition to them doing so.

Fuentes, though, is giving up on his present university.

While speaking with Fox News, he claimed to have received “death threats” for months prior to his outing and the culmination of that along with the backlash to his views on race have prompted him to leave. He said:

“I suddenly got dozens of messages on Twitter and Facebook telling me to go and ? myself and that if they see me they will beat the sh– out of me. Stuff of that nature. At least 10 to 20 of them were death threats.”

A spokesperson for Boston University confirmed that Fuentes dis-enrolled last week.

He’s now taking a semester off and plans to attend Auburn University in the spring.

• stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2QqAZydbTE

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/jerry-falwell-jr-defends-trumps-both-sides-remarks-he-has-inside-information/
    Jerry Falwell Jr. Defends Trump’s ‘Both Sides’ Remarks: ‘He Has Inside Information’

On today’s broadcast of ABC’s This Week, guest host Martha Raddatz noted that when they reached out to the White House to see if they would send someone to speak for the president, they were referred to Jerry Falwell Jr. Falwell, the president of Liberty University, was an early supporter of Trump’s during the presidential campaign.

Right off the bat, Raddatz pressed the evangelical leader over his praise of Trump’s Charlottesville comments in which the president blamed “both sides” for the violence while defending the alt-right.

“The bold and truthful statements I was talking about was the willingness to identify the groups, the Nazis, the KKK, the white supremacists by name,” Falwell answered, pointing to Trump’s Monday statement and not his Tuesday presser. “That is something a leader should do.”

Raddatz retorted, “He said there were very fine people on both sides. Do you believe there were very fine people on both sides?”

Falwell countered that the president apparently saw things that others haven’t because he has access to secret info.

“He has inside information that I don’t have,” he told Raddatz. “I don’t know if there were historical purists there. He had information I didn’t have. I believe he spoke what was — I think he saw videos of who was there.”

Raddatz and Falwell would go round and round over Trump’s response and whether it suggested there was a moral equivalency between white supremacists and counter-protesters. Falwell would go on to brush off that criticism — including from Heather Heyer’s mother — by stating that Trump doesn’t have a “racist bone in his body.”

• stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/08/mural_of_phillys_former_mayor.html
    Mural of Philly's former mayor, police commissioner defaced

PHILADELPHIA -- A day after the arrest of a man accused of defacing a statue of a former Philadelphia mayor and police commissioner, a mural of the same figure has been defaced with paint.

Police said officers saw a group spray paint "? killer cops" on the large south Philadelphia mural of Frank Rizzo shortly before 3 a.m. Saturday. Officers pursued the group on foot and arrested one male, also recovering spray paint and masks discarded by the group.

The mural also had a large splotch of white paint on the face and the words "RIP David," -- an apparent reference to David Jones, 30, who was shot in the back after being stopped for driving a dirt bike recklessly on a city street and allegedly pulling a gun on a police officer.

On Friday, a man was arrested on charges of spray painting the words "Black power" on the statue of Rizzo outside a government building in Center City. A man from Maplewood, N.J., was charged Wednesday with disorderly conduct for throwing eggs at the statue.

Rizzo, who served as mayor from 1972 to 1980 and died in 1991, has been praised by supporters as a devoted public servant unafraid to speak his mind, but criticized by detractors who said he alienated minorities both as police commissioner and mayor.

On Monday, Democratic Councilwoman Helen Gym called for removal of the bronze statue of a waving Rizzo, which was donated to the city and unveiled in 1999.
    Democratic Mayor Jim Kenney said Tuesday it's the "right time" for a conversation about the statue. A year ago, an anti-police brutality group launched an online petition to take it down.

Jane Golden, executive director of Mural Arts Philadelphia, wrote a newspaper column saying it was time to have a public conversation about what to do with the Rizzo mural.

Longtime Philly Daily News columnist Stu Bykofsky argued in a column last week on philly.com that "when the critics say his legacy is only brutality and racism, they ignore projects he pushed: the Center City commuter tunnel, the Gallery, the Mummers Museum, and the African American Museum in Philadelphia."

This all comes amid the recent national dialogue and, in some cases nationally, removal of statues that some find offensive, following the fallout from last weekend's protest in Charlottesville, Va.

Lifelong South Philly resident Brian Ercolani said he was "disgusted" by the defacement of the Rizzo mural.

"It's a cowardly act to come here in the middle of the night and do this," he told The Philadelphia Inquirer. "It almost feels personal to me.

You're damn right it's personal ? ass ? ..

23265653-mmmain.jpg

h76q1qycbaci.gif
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The point is that we want symbols of white supremacy taken away AND things get done for black people.
  • Huey_C
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    The point is that we want symbols of white supremacy taken away AND things get done for black people.

Ofcourse but the critics in this thread feel like it a waste of time to even remove them.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    for the most part most ? wont win cause ? react emotionally and not logically..

like @Fosheezy jus stated..
    we pick the wrong ? to be in an uproar about.. and even go about addressin it in the wrong way..

why??!
    too ? emotional..

like what logical reason does a ? have to be.. NEED to be out there in that crowd while these white people are goin at it wit EACH OTHER!?

so this system that we are the "principle victims" in is crumbling from WITHIN and we wanna get in the way of this why??!

unless u wanna secretly turn the attention back onto us i dont see the logic here..

There is no logic.

I gave up tryna make these points.

Some ? just prefer to be canon fodder.

Then cry and expect black ppl as a whole to support them for getting ? up after they CHOSE to jump in a damn hole with no goals

"Lets fight with no goal or plan and ally with anybody because I just have to show them (as they fight each other)" ...then police usher your group into a Trojan horse situation and are told to stand down. You become the photo op embarrassment for black ppl, get your ass beat, and go to jail for your troubles.

Oh....and if you aren't down to jump in the hole with no goal,well you were obviously scared.

Bingo.
  • Huey_C
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    for the most part most ? wont win cause ? react emotionally and not logically..

like @Fosheezy jus stated..
    we pick the wrong ? to be in an uproar about.. and even go about addressin it in the wrong way..

why??!
    too ? emotional..

like what logical reason does a ? have to be.. NEED to be out there in that crowd while these white people are goin at it wit EACH OTHER!?

so this system that we are the "principle victims" in is crumbling from WITHIN and we wanna get in the way of this why??!

unless u wanna secretly turn the attention back onto us i dont see the logic here..

There is no logic.

I gave up tryna make these points.

Some ? just prefer to be canon fodder.

Then cry and expect black ppl as a whole to support them for getting ? up after they CHOSE to jump in a damn hole with no goals

"Lets fight with no goal or plan and ally with anybody because I just have to show them (as they fight each other)" ...then police usher your group into a Trojan horse situation and are told to stand down. You become the photo op embarrassment for black ppl, get your ass beat, and go to jail for your troubles.

Oh....and if you aren't down to jump in the hole with no goal,well you were obviously scared.

Bingo.

? the ravens