You know what's rediculous about these statues conversation!

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
They try to paint the reason for them existing as a part of American history and southern history. Then why the ? aren't any of the slaves or the freedom fighters honored the same way. For every Robert E Lee statue that exist there should be a Nat Turner statue right beside it if you want to play the history angle.

Do these people think black folks are stupid. Like we can't see covert racism and understand symbolism.

Comments

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ‪Do they have statues to ? in Germany? Because that's their history, and genocide and slavery are in the same family of evil.‬
  • usmarin3
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    ‪Do they have statues to ? in Germany? Because that's their history, and genocide and slavery are in the same family of evil.‬

It's not allowed. You'll get jail time if you display any Natzi paraphernalia.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know they don't. I'm saying the Germans got it right and they know that that history is nothing to celebrate.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    They try to paint the reason for them existing as a part of American history and southern history. Then why the ? aren't none of the slaves or the freedom fighters honored the same way. For every Robert E Lee statue that exist there should be a Nat Turner statue right beside it if you want to play the history angle.

Do these people think black folks are stupid. Like we can't see covert racism and understand symbolism.

A lot are. There are many on this site.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    But if they tear them down how ever will we learn about history?

Them mfs acting like we living in Book of Eli where books don't exist.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The statues don't even explain the history. You have to look the person up to know their history.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so again @Busta Carmichael what are tearing down statues going to do to better black peoples lives? if anything keep them up as a reminder of how these hunkies hate your ? ass. and yes ? ass ? i said ? .
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    so again @Busta Carmichael what are tearing down statues going to do to better black peoples lives? if anything keep them up as a reminder of how these hunkies hate your ? ass. and yes ? ass ? i said ? .

This is dumb. Why does everything need to be a grand solution to a centuries year old problem?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is dumb. Why does everything need to be a grand solution to a centuries year old problem?

All or nothing for these cats.

No war is won in one battle, but ? it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ill be quick and to the point as usual.

The optics of an omnipresent representation of white supremacy is now gone.. a rallying point is now gone.. also people will start considering the past and the presence with a lite it more gusto than "that was bad"

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

mush-michael-beasley-o.gif
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    so we aint been fighting this battle since blacks got over here? ok. yall say the war aint won in one battle but weve been battling this long and now statues just come up. why wasnt yall battling to get OUR TRUE history in the history school books? what about a battle for more than just one month when they only talk about OUR history and the other eleven they say nothing. yall ? cant see the forest beyond the trees. smmfh. im the dumb one but none of yall can show me posts that yall posted a year ago condemning these statues though. lol. none of yall. yall only on this topic because its on tv now. smmfh. im through. yall right im wrong.
  • ineedpussy
    Options

ill be quick and to the point as usual.

The optics of an omnipresent representation of white supremacy is now gone.. a rallying point is now gone.. also people will start considering the past and the presence with a lite it more gusto than "that was bad"

when have racist ever needed a "rallying" point? your black skin was "rallying" enough for them. but once again yall right im wrong. so yall do yall. in a year from now nobody will be talking about this ? and itll be a "new" topic.
    sidenote: so why aint ? at mt. rushmore then. aint that ? racist too?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? need to worry about statutes and not statues... them statues not voting on legislation, the future statues are. Keep the main thing the main thing.

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people are into symbolic gesture bring the statue down is going to change the economic landscape of America.
    You have white people going hard for some damn statues but we can't get justices thru the court system.

Bringing the statue doesn't make any difference to me and it's really down on the pecking order..

I also don't get that this is all of a sudden.. Black wasn't fighting to take no damn statue down. We've been fight for equality since we been here but no it's a hot topic.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody is right in that thread imo. The thing is yall DONT KNOW HOW TO STAY ON TOPIC.

Its about historical public representations. If the US highligh slave time statues then imo we should see the WHOLE.

Financial, social topics other subjects as important, but they dont have to be treated here imo.

• count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah this whole statue thing jumped the shark this weekend with this ? right here:

Hundreds of protesters face off in Houston over Confederate statue

https://www.click2houston.com/news/hundreds-protest-to-remove-confederate-statue-at-sam-houston-park

So you're telling me, you have a problem with this statue that you see once a month but have no problem saying the mans name every time you have to give your address. If your not going all in then leave it alone. You going to rename the city or move or nah???
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

if they can take bill cosby's name from college dorm building then they can tear down confederate statues. why not tear it down. a black woman climbed up a pole and took down a confederate flag. all that ? needs to go. I never learned about a confederate statue in school so why should they still be up. the south lost. the winners get canonized memorialized and immortalized not the losers. c'mon man don't be a ? all your life.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    America and Europe need to address it the same way Germany does. We Have to go to Liverpool for a museum about slavery and black progression.

Side note went into the native American museum in Washington there was something that said " we made a lot of mistakes with the natives we have now corrected our wrongs" lol!