Martin Shkreli talks about buying the Wu-Tang Clan album for 2 million. Start playing it at (1.54)

Options
freethewave
freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in The Reason

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta stop givin' these white people black attention whenever they want it
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He makes a point. I stopped copping Wu Tang albums after The W and Iron Flag. Their early to mid 90s stuff is better than their most recent stuff.

Ghostfacce is still dropping heat though.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this dude and ? RZA for selling the album to him. That man stands for everything that hip hop is supposed to stand against. RZA still a legend but I lost respect for him
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Well Hip Hop has always been about making money. They didn't rap for free back when Hip Hop first started. And the people who did rap for free got left by the wayside.

Although I wasn't there I suspect that the park jams were free, but then they upped the ante and started performing in clubs and charging a fee at the door.

I respect RZA and his hustle. He made an album and got $2m for it. I honestly don't see the problem.

scan0047.jpg
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Well Hip Hop has always been about making money. They didn't rap for free back when Hip Hop first started. And the people who did rap for free got left by the wayside.

Although I wasn't there I suspect that the park jams were free, but then they upped the ante and started performing in clubs and charging a fee at the door.

I respect RZA and his hustle. He made an album and got $2m for it. I honestly don't see the problem.

scan0047.jpg

Its not about getting money its about where that money is coming from. Hip hop was always supposed to give the underdog a voice and it should never lose that anti-establishment spirit. And like I said that man is the total opposite of those values. Shkreli is a capitalist bloodsucker who is fine with dangering the lifes of poor people in order to get richer. ? him. I know hip hop is a big business but to see the arguably most legendary group in the history of the culture sell out like that is wack af to me
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did you tell built 4 cuban links?

lol ... lady said Im not their biggest fan
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »

scan0047.jpg

Its not about getting money its about where that money is coming from. Hip hop was always supposed to give the underdog a voice and it should never lose that anti-establishment spirit. And like I said that man is the total opposite of those values. Shkreli is a capitalist bloodsucker who is fine with dangering the lifes of poor people in order to get richer. ? him. I know hip hop is a big business but to see the arguably most legendary group in the history of the culture sell out like that is wack af to me

Nosign.

As long as the money is green and legal I don't see the problem.

You got rappers rapping about selling ? , going to jail for shooting people and just recently a rapper is wanted for ? . I think Hip Hop has bigger problems to deal with than RZA selling a Wu Tang album for $2m, or Nipsey Hustle selling his CDs for $100. The game is to be sold not told.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    ? this dude and ? RZA for selling the album to him. That man stands for everything that hip hop is supposed to stand against. RZA still a legend but I lost respect for him

ppl like to ? on pharma bro for the Wu album ? . but as much if not more of the blame falls on RZA imo.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    did you tell built 4 cuban links?

lol ... lady said Im not their biggest fan

What?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet the album isn't even that good. People only care because there's one copy, it was bought for $2 mill, and Martin Shrekli owns it.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sometimes I think that's Built 4 Cuban Links ....
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

l53n40to78mo.gif
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im surprised nobody has attempted to enter dude's house and rob his ? . Could probably knock him out with 1 slap.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lol I was watching John Olliver and he was reading off official comments from the people who were rejected as jurors. One of them was kicked out cause their comment on whether they could be impartial was "He disrespected the Wu-tang Clan."

? was hilarious. He’s going to jail partly because he dissed the Wu. Think about that. I know that juror was dismissed but you know damn well the others were thinking it.
  • professor x
    professor x Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    I bet the album isn't even that good. People only care because there's one copy, it was bought for $2 mill, and Martin Shrekli owns it.

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lol I was watching John Olliver and he was reading off official comments from the people who were rejected as jurors. One of them was kicked out cause their comment on whether they could be impartial was "He disrespected the Wu-tang Clan."

? was hilarious. He’s going to jail partly because he dissed the Wu. Think about that. I know that juror was dismissed but you know damn well the others were thinking it.

anigif_optimized-6935-1428943100-3.gif
  • professor x
    professor x Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

dont even know what to type, where to start with regards to Wu Tang. this isnt morbid, evil hate or anything; just do not like them, now AND back then. i feel sorry for those people who bought all of the Wu-Tang and Wu-Syndicate albums in the 90's and 00's.

even the wu-wear shrunk up when you washed it. rinky ? ass clothing line.. lol
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seriously ? , shut the hell up