What are the odds?

Options

Comments

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So...40 days from now the world will end? Time to party like a rockstar?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    science illiteracy and religion played a big part in this years political climate... I have no tolerance for religion anymore..

although, debating/arguing is stupid pointless.. we are gonna run circles here..

1. No one is debating or arguing. Well at least I'm not.
    2. I'm presenting truth.
    3. No one is talking religion.
    4. I'm talking truth.
    5. You either accept the truth or reject the truth.

Amen.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "It’s been said that, on average, a total solar eclipse can be seen from the same place only once every 375 years. The methodology used by whoever calculated this number is unknown and it’s debatable whether there can even be a definitive methodology for such a calculation. For instance, how many points on Earth do you use to arrive at an average number of years? But regardless of the math, there’s no denying the fact that a total solar eclipse is a relatively rare event for any given place. So, for an area to get not one, but two, total solar eclipses in just seven years is a truly remarkable occurrence!" -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationaleclipse.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/x-marks-the-spot-two-total-solar-eclipses-in-seven-years/amp/

even at those odds, it still happens.. in the reality of science, it's truly nothing special... just to our minds perceive it to be amazing...

So would every 375 yrs be a sign? what about the last time this happened? what sign was this then? and before that? and before that?

True science is amazing. It reveals the awesomeness of ? ! Hallelujah!

The last time an eclipse like the one we have today occurred happened in 1776!

Do you know what happened in 1776 in America?

never happened
  • VIBE
    Options
    "it happened in 1776... do you know what happened in 1776?"

yup, not an eclipse, solar or lunar..

you either are misinformed or you misread that...

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    So...40 days from now the world will end? Time to party like a rockstar?

No
    No
    No
    No
    No

I never said that! How do people take the words I say and fudge it so badly????

No wonder the Bible is so misinterpreted by so many!

Where did I ever say the world was ending in 40 days?

I said Yom Kippur happens 40 days from today! It is the Day of atonement! The most holiest day of the year! It is the day when ? opens up the books of life and death.

Those who ? has marked for death will die in the upcoming year and those who ? has marked to live will live the next year.

The season that we are in right now is called "Teshuva" which means repentance! It starts on Elul 1 on the Hebrew calendar. Thus this time, the next 40 days, leading up to Yom Kippur is a time when people repent from their sins and make amends with their neighbors in order to find mercy on Yom Kippur!

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Holidays/Fall_Holidays/Yom_Kippur/yom_kippur.html

If anyone is interested that is a good sight to understand the Hebrew roots of our faith, if you are a believer. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2017
    Options
    "it happened in 1776... do you know what happened in 1776?"

yup, not an eclipse, solar or lunar..

you either are misinformed or you misread that...

Yes I should have said "before" 1776 was the last time an eclipse like the one occurring today happens over the USA.

"The August 2017 eclipse will be the first with a path of totality crossing the Pacific and Atlantic coasts of the U.S. since 1918. Also, its path of totality makes landfall exclusively within the United States, making it the first such eclipse since the country's independence in 1776. (The path of totality of the eclipse of June 13, 1257, was the last to make landfall exclusively on lands currently part of the United States.[19])" -wiki

This only confirms the premise of the rarity of total solar eclipses happening over mainlands instead of out over the water which usually happens. Since the earth is mostly water anyways. Hallelujah!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Still SMH @babelipsss!!!

I still can't believe how you took what I said and proclaimed that the world was ending in 40 days!

It's things like that which start rumors and then it turns into people forsaking ? when they run with the rumour and it doesn't come to pass!

People lose whatever faith they had in ? based on a lie that had twisted the original Meaning which was truth!

I'm sick to my stomach! What a classic case of misconstruing words! My goodness!
  • VIBE
    edited August 2017
    Options
    "I should've said before.."

before? you tried to make a false claim to correlate w your view so you can make a point about signs, don't squirm out of that now..

This only confirms the premise of the rarity of total solar eclipses happening over mainlands instead of out over the water which usually happens. Since the earth is mostly water anyways. Hallelujah!

The National Eclipse will be a “rare” event. The word “rare” is a relative term. Its meaning depends on the context in which it’s used. A total solar eclipse isn’t a particularly rare event when you consider that one happens someplace on Earth about once every 18 months. If you wanted to, and if you had the resources to do so, you could see dozens of them in a lifetime. What most people would consider rare is the occurrence of a total solar eclipse for any one spot on Earth. It’s been calculated that, on average, a total solar eclipse can be seen from the same place only once every 375 years, although the time span can also be much more or much less. So, will the National Eclipse be a “rare” event? Not for the planet. But maybe for your city. Let’s just try to keep things in perspective.

The National Eclipse will be the first total solar eclipse in the U.S. since 1918. This is a fallacy that’s been spreading online by way of several recent news stories. Of course, this spawns more news stories, and on and on we go. In fact, the National Eclipse on August 21 will be the sixteenth total solar eclipse visible in the U.S. since 1918, ten of which occurred in the contiguous 48 states. So, where does the confusion come from and what does 1918 have to do with anything? 1918 was the last time a total solar eclipse crossed the U.S. from coast to coast, which the National Eclipse will also do. This has led to a lot of talk about the 1918 eclipse in particular, and some people have jumped to the conclusion that that eclipse was also the last one to occur in the U.S. Not so. Just ask those who witnessed totality in the Hawaiian Islands in 1991 or in the Pacific Northwest in 1979.

https://nationaleclipse.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/debunking-the-national-eclipse/
  • VIBE
    Options
    from the same article, which backs up what you re-searched and re-read to correct your statement..
    The National Eclipse will be the first total solar eclipse exclusive to the U.S. since 1776. Okay, maybe we’re splitting hairs with this one, because this statement is essentially correct. But the way it’s often worded can be misleading. One of the most exciting things about the National Eclipse, and one of the reasons why it’s called the National Eclipse in the first place, is the fact that it will be the first eclipse with a path of totality that doesn’t touch any other country other than the United States since before there even was a United States. You have to look all the way back to 1257 to find another total eclipse that was exclusive to present-day U.S. soil. But there was no total solar eclipse in the U.S. in 1776. There wasn’t one anywhere in the world that year. A better way to word this claim would be to say that the National Eclipse will be the first total solar eclipse exclusive to the U.S. since before the nation’s founding in 1776. Come to think of it, if there had been a total eclipse over the 13 original colonies in 1776, the symbolism it might have suggested to the patriots could very well have become part of the American historical tradition.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    b'mer... wrote: »

I personally don't believe in a rapture, at least not the popular theory that's always mentioned. It was probably created with good intentions but it is definitely a huge misunderstanding.
    The scripture that's usually quoted is being completely taken out of context, Thessalonians 4 13-18.

Peter was speaking to a group of Christians who were afraid that their loved ones would be forgotten when Christ returns. Peter was simply answering a question that the dead will not be forgotten. In fact, the dead will be gathered up by Christ first, then He will get those who are still alive.

There is absolutely no mention of a rapture where Christians are spared. This misunderstanding is dangerous because it gives Christians a false sense of security. True believers will actually have it worse. Revelation 13: 7 tells us

"It was given power to wage war against ? 's holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation"

I'm not sure what gives Christians this idea that they will be spared from the hardships that are to come. Since the beginning, ? 's people have been persecuted for their beliefs that will not change.

John 16:33 "In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world"
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    "I should've said before.."

before? you tried to make a false claim to correlate w your view so you can make a point about signs, don't squirm out of that now..

The National Eclipse will be a “rare” event. The word “rare” is a relative term. Its meaning depends on the context in which it’s used. A total solar eclipse isn’t a particularly rare event when you consider that one happens someplace on Earth about once every 18 months. If you wanted to, and if you had the resources to do so, you could see dozens of them in a lifetime. What most people would consider rare is the occurrence of a total solar eclipse for any one spot on Earth. It’s been calculated that, on average, a total solar eclipse can be seen from the same place only once every 375 years, although the time span can also be much more or much less. So, will the National Eclipse be a “rare” event? Not for the planet. But maybe for your city. Let’s just try to keep things in perspective.

The National Eclipse will be the first total solar eclipse in the U.S. since 1918. This is a fallacy that’s been spreading online by way of several recent news stories. Of course, this spawns more news stories, and on and on we go. In fact, the National Eclipse on August 21 will be the sixteenth total solar eclipse visible in the U.S. since 1918, ten of which occurred in the contiguous 48 states. So, where does the confusion come from and what does 1918 have to do with anything? 1918 was the last time a total solar eclipse crossed the U.S. from coast to coast, which the National Eclipse will also do. This has led to a lot of talk about the 1918 eclipse in particular, and some people have jumped to the conclusion that that eclipse was also the last one to occur in the U.S. Not so. Just ask those who witnessed totality in the Hawaiian Islands in 1991 or in the Pacific Northwest in 1979.

Nah. The point is still valid! The sign is rare! Which was always my point! The whole premise was the rarity of a total solar eclipse happening that traverses a land mass from coast to coast!

1. This hasn't happened in 99 years for America!
    2. The last time a total solar eclipse happened for America and only touched America was "before" 1776!
    3. So the premise is valid!

Oh and then to have another total solar eclipse in 7 years that literally makes an X over America? When the rarity of total solar eclipses has already been proven?

This is a SIGN no matter what anybody says!

2wbjub7va89o.jpg

You know about the number 7 @VIBE

? is speaking. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    from the same article, which backs up what you re-searched and re-read to correct your statement..
    The National Eclipse will be the first total solar eclipse exclusive to the U.S. since 1776. Okay, maybe we’re splitting hairs with this one, because this statement is essentially correct. But the way it’s often worded can be misleading. One of the most exciting things about the National Eclipse, and one of the reasons why it’s called the National Eclipse in the first place, is the fact that it will be the first eclipse with a path of totality that doesn’t touch any other country other than the United States since before there even was a United States. You have to look all the way back to 1257 to find another total eclipse that was exclusive to present-day U.S. soil. But there was no total solar eclipse in the U.S. in 1776. There wasn’t one anywhere in the world that year. A better way to word this claim would be to say that the National Eclipse will be the first total solar eclipse exclusive to the U.S. since before the nation’s founding in 1776. Come to think of it, if there had been a total eclipse over the 13 original colonies in 1776, the symbolism it might have suggested to the patriots could very well have become part of the American historical tradition.

Since this is so rare Vibe. Shouldn't you take heed and examine yourself?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    @VIBE

Couple this sign with what's going on in the world and how can you tell me that everything is normal?
  • VIBE
    Options
    "Nah. The point is still valid! It is rare"

broski, are you ? kidding me? they straight up tell you IT IS NOT RARE..

but I understand, it's importance relies on its 'rarity' to give it more validation..
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    "Nah. The point is still valid! It is rare"

broski, are you ? kidding me? they straight up tell you IT IS NOT RARE..

but I understand, it's importance relies on its 'rarity' to give it more validation..

How can you say it's not rare when the last time it happened was 99 years ago?

How is that not rare?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

I personally don't believe in a rapture, at least not the popular theory that's always mentioned. It was probably created with good intentions but it is definitely a huge misunderstanding.
    The scripture that's usually quoted is being completely taken out of context, Thessalonians 4 13-18.

Peter was speaking to a group of Christians who were afraid that their loved ones would be forgotten when Christ returns. Peter was simply answering a question that the dead will not be forgotten. In fact, the dead will be gathered up by Christ first, then He will get those who are still alive.

There is absolutely no mention of a rapture where Christians are spared. This misunderstanding is dangerous because it gives Christians a false sense of security. True believers will actually have it worse. Revelation 13: 7 tells us

"It was given power to wage war against ? 's holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation"

I'm not sure what gives Christians this idea that they will be spared from the hardships that are to come. Since the beginning, ? 's people have been persecuted for their beliefs that will not change.

John 16:33 "In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world"

I know Christians disagree heavily on this topic, but what's your take on Luke 21:36 and Revelation 3:10?

What is the "escape" ? is talking about and what is ? saying He will "keep" the church of Philadelphia from?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flat earth confirmed.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

I know Christians disagree heavily on this topic, but what's your take on Luke 21:36 and Revelation 3:10?

What is the "escape" ? is talking about and what is ? saying He will "keep" the church of Philadelphia from?

I think the key word in Luke 21 36 is "about". The rapture wasn't about to happen. I believe He was referring to what was about to happen and that was the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus just spoke in Luke 12 21-24 and He tells us what was about to happen. He was telling them to be prepared because there was no promise that they'd be spared from the grasp of the Roman army.

In Acts 8 3 Saul was determined to destroy the church. He went from house to house throwing men and women in prison. John and Paul were all called before the Jewish senate and beaten right after Jesus ascended back to heaven. Stephen was called before the fame senate and beaten. Silas was imprisoned and beaten. Acts sheds light on all of this.

I believe Jesus was teaching them to have faith despite all that they may or may not go through. However the destruction was definitely coming. It is very likely that Jesus was referring to everything that was to come to pass, even His return but i still don't believe that Christians will be whisked away pre tribulation.

I'll get to Revelation in a moment.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the moon is an artificial construct. hollow
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DoUwant2go2Heaven

Its all luv my brother. I hope that u dont ever take anything that i post in response to ur views as disrespect my brother. I really have deep respect for those of different philosophical and view points other than my own...
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/EKcROFwMEx8

Yo this is turnt up! Look at all the symbolism! This is so turnt!

They made this in 2009! Look at how they say end of days and then the 8 ball appears!

2009+8=2017!

They talked about something happening on the next full moon after
    The solar eclipse! That is September 6. Then they talked about peace and safety! Then the antichrist appeared (Bart).

But the symbolism is so much more! I only touched on a few things that are hidden in plain sight.

The elites have been planning for what's coming for a while! Thank ? that He beat them too the punch! For He has declared the end from the beginning!

Amen!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Oh yeah...... look at President Trump calling out Pakistan today.

The 10 kings are coming.

It's all written.

Amen.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I blame the Jews
  • VIBE
    Options
    it's pointless to spark conversation w you... if you had legit arguments that were logical I would be much more open for some conversation...

it's impossible though, you shoot down everything because symbolism means so much to you; a deep-seeded need to believe, it's what faith is, I get it... but you're very closed-minded... you need to work on that, it's a huge flaw