2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie and the Celtics played themselves.

Who wanna play with a ? that can't take a backseat to the best player in the league?

What's wrong wit kyrie wanting to be his own man?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Too much feelings in here. Back in my day, REAL MEN would not be all in their feelings over some damn sports. They would look at each other, stare for three seconds, roll one leg up, grin alittle, tighten their durags, and walk about their business in their Lugz. Let's take it back to the good days. On some @5grand ? .

Lol nah homie the caw caw congregation collectively (bars) stay in the feels

I was joking, I be in my feelings all the time because I ? love my Pelicans bruh, and no one gonna NEVER take the Caw Caw outta me.

#DoitBig
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

Who wanna play with a ? that can't take a backseat to the best player in the league?

It's 4 other people on the court with or without LeBron, plus a coaching staff, a front office, an owner, and commissioner. If Kyrie wanna be his own man, why not start his own league and never play in the NBA again?

That's ego bruh. That ? ain't trying to win a championship.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options

The best player in the league that had to take a backseat as Kyrie closed out the Warriors for that Cavs title in 2015.

Nothing wrong with Kyrie getting TF outta Cleveland and from under LBJ.
    Obviously he wasn't too impressed with the best player in the league.
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jaemoon's whole tone changed I can tell he's hurtin on the inside

The fact he's gassing rose proves this.Rose defense trash,can't shoot 3's & shot like 28% on catch n shoots +,he don't playmake & he don't draw fouls.Lil zekes defense sucks but at least he can put pressure on the opponents defense cuz he can score,shoot and he's one of the best in the league at drawing fouls & is an underrated play maker.He's a much better fit starting with lebron

You gotta dumb your posts down in here.These clowns don't be talking bout nothin

I don't give a ? about none of that ? you try a bring up...

The post you trying to call me out on I stated us having by far the best bench in the league as the reason I would start D Rose and let IT run the bench scoring.

WE LOST LAST YEARS FINALS BECAUSE OF BENCH SCORING...WE HAD 7 POINTS IN GAME 5., IGGY DROPPED 20 OFF THE BENCH ALONE..for all the stupid ? tryna play smart with ? D-Rose stats...

But I can't be mad at y'all..? too busy studying college freshmen and draft lottery odds to see the big picture...Ya'll tryna predict your favorite team's loss totals for the year and I'm trying to predict the best finals match ups....we just not on the same page...and we shouldn't be..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

The best player in the league that had to take a backseat as Kyrie closed out the Warriors for that Cavs title in 2015.

Kyrie did hit the shot.

But let's not act like LBJ didn't ball that entire series.

And Irving was ? as ? in the 4th quarter every game this past finals
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Celtics got finessed,the Cavs got the better end of the trade,even if they decide not to max IT his money comes of the

books as does Lebron if he walks,they'll have tons of cap space and a possible lottery pick in a deep draft so the

rebuild won't be long. I think this kinda sets the Celtics back as far as the growth of those two wings(Brown,Tatum)

how are they gonna get their shots ? Kyrie isn't a willing passer like that,but who knows maybe with Stevens he

changes his game up. C's still need rebounding and they traded away their best wing defenders :#

Cavs can't afford to lose Lebron or IT off the books because Nobody would ever go to Cleveland, even if they had 100 million in cap space... Isaiah Thomas on a bad hip is a real deal he didn't get surgery either so that can flare up at anytime especially running the hardwood night in night out.. Danny Ainge fleeced BK and he fleeced CLE, they are the long term winners and a serious threat to overtake the East for years to come...
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jaemoon's whole tone changed I can tell he's hurtin on the inside

The fact he's gassing rose proves this.Rose defense trash,can't shoot 3's & shot like 28% on catch n shoots +,he don't playmake & he don't draw fouls.Lil zekes defense sucks but at least he can put pressure on the opponents defense cuz he can score,shoot and he's one of the best in the league at drawing fouls & is an underrated play maker.He's a much better fit starting with lebron

You gotta dumb your posts down in here.These clowns don't be talking bout nothin

I don't give a ? about none of that ? you try a bring up...

The post you trying to call me out on I stated us having by far the best bench in the league as the reason I would start D Rose and let IT run the bench scoring.

WE LOST LAST YEARS FINALS BECAUSE OF BENCH SCORING...WE HAD 7 POINTS IN GAME 5., IGGY DROPPED 20 OFF THE BENCH ALONE..for all the stupid ? tryna play smart with ? D-Rose stats...

But I can't be mad at y'all..? too busy studying college freshmen and draft lottery odds to see the big picture...Ya'll tryna predict your favorite team's loss totals for the year and I'm trying to predict the best finals match ups....we just not on the same page...and we shouldn't be..

c2cw9g3anczx.jpg
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Kyrie did hit the shot.

You leaving out the fact LeBron was just as bad
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Kyrie did hit the shot.

You leaving out the fact LeBron was just as bad

He was no where near as bad. Not even a little bit.

Kyrie was pathetic in 4th quarters
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Cavs won that trade. Nice move by the rookie gm.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

Kyrie will have plenty of time being his own Man.He's going to regret leaving the Cavs.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Kyrie don't pass (he will) Hayward n horford will
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah man, let's completely forget what lead up to that shot for ur tired narrative =)=)
  • White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie and Bron will both be alright (barring injury).

Duncan, Kawaii, and Curry might be the only modern day superstars to not have an ego. Ego within the NBA is overblown as a negative thing.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie and Bron will both be alright (barring injury).

Duncan, Kawaii, and Curry might be the only modern day superstars to not have an ego. Ego within the NBA is overblown as a negative thing.

CURRY AINT GOT NO EGO?!?!?!..BOY STOPPPP
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jaemooms you pie-faced ? , get in here and account for your insults
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I like the trade for Celtics - they got the best player in the deal, Crowder replacable

Nets pick may not be as good as people think, and every draft is "loaded" - Porter, Bagley, and Luca?

Wonder if IT passes the physical

Cavs get to rebuild when LBJ leaves
  • Beta
    Options
    Jeff Goodman: There was significant concern from Celtics about Isaiah Thomas’ hip, source told ESPN. Turning 29, game is built on speed.

Jeff Goodman: Ainge admitted that Isaiah Thomas’ hip injury did play “some” into him making the deal.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Jeff Goodman: There was significant concern from Celtics about Isaiah Thomas’ hip, source told ESPN. Turning 29, game is built on speed.

Jeff Goodman: Ainge admitted that Isaiah Thomas’ hip injury did play “some” into him making the deal.

They ain't want to pay him.
  • Beta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »

They ain't want to pay him.

What do you think factored in the decision against paying him?
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch out for Sam Presti at the trade deadline. I can see him sending Paul George to Cleveland for that nets pick. OKC about to go in the toilet, they need as many picks as possible