Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New episode yesterday? I passed out super early last night
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Peeped episode 4. What a cliffhanger. This season is way better than season one imo and I was a big fan of season one.

I was wondering where the hell the saint was. Jesse used the voice in episode 3 knowing damn well saint could follow it. He must literally just walk in the direction he senses the voice and not able to teleport or something haha.

I think hell Is going to make ? face a badass. Then he will come back wanting revenge on preacher for sending him there. Will come back with his rocker swag.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Saint at the end of most recent episode was cool I thought we were gonna see the little girl get murked.

Good episode, cool to get some background on jesse and tulips past.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This season is better than season 1. The last two eps have centered a lot on team trust and all that.

The only problem I have is the super vagueness of this quest. "We're going to find ? " has me like "Ok."

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad we got a backstory on the Saint.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    This season is better than season 1. The last two eps have centered a lot on team trust and all that.

The only problem I have is the super vagueness of this quest. "We're going to find ? " has me like "Ok."

That's one of my issues. In the comics it's because Jesse doesn't actually believe in ? until Genesis comes along, then he is ? furious that 1) he exists 2) he let's all this ? in the world happen 3) he's walked out on the job he gave himself without any explanation except possibly being afraid of Genesis' potential. So it's a quest for them to finally ask ? "Why?" and maybe get an actual answer.

In the show it just seems like something to do because Jesse seems to be a sociopath who doesn't care his town got blown up and innocents died, doesn't give a ? when the SOK guns down innocents trying to get to him and is happy to ? anyone who gets in his way, lash out at any available body if he's angry... it's not the core of the character most grew to like who is a tough man with ideals of being a hero . He's just a sociopathic ? with a ? with a heart of gold who is also McGyver at times, knocking about with a lying vampire who uses people... which is why Gilgun is probably the highlight of the show, he's closest to the actual character for me.

Seen you on r/television bashing the show lmao. Been waiting to see it on here.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

That's one of my issues. In the comics it's because Jesse doesn't actually believe in ? until Genesis comes along, then he is ? furious that 1) he exists 2) he let's all this ? in the world happen 3) he's walked out on the job he gave himself without any explanation except possibly being afraid of Genesis' potential. So it's a quest for them to finally ask ? "Why?" and maybe get an actual answer.

In the show it just seems like something to do because Jesse seems to be a sociopath who doesn't care his town got blown up and innocents died, doesn't give a ? when the SOK guns down innocents trying to get to him and is happy to ? anyone who gets in his way, lash out at any available body if he's angry... it's not the core of the character most grew to like who is a tough man with ideals of being a hero . He's just a sociopathic ? with a ? with a heart of gold who is also McGyver at times, knocking about with a lying vampire who uses people... which is why Gilgun is probably the highlight of the show, he's closest to the actual character for me.

Seen you on r/television bashing the show lmao. Been waiting to see it on here.

Great, now I've got a stalker.

But seriously, they are obviously fans of the series and I get having to update certain things but they have nailed the off the wall brutal tone and caustic humour at times perfectly but they're making some choices that are just making the show too soap opera like and removed from the source material for the sake of it. The whole Asian soul stealing company... and Jesser giving part of his soul away... it's just gilding the lily for me. Why try make something more than it is when what it was in a previous form was worthy enough to get considered to be adapted at all? It's like making a neon sign of the Mona Lisa.

Hey man I never read the source material so your posts actually made me more interested in it. I like the show but I'll never trash the opinion that any adapted material misses the mark if someone thinks that.

Not a stalker bruv, Reddit and the IC are my only social media. We just frequent the same parts of the internet.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the saints fate...is that how it happened in the comic book. Kinda underwhelming, thought it was gna be an epic showdown. Not too it was bad, just not what I expected ... though I guess that's also a good thing
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I wanna read the comic now
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    So the saints fate...is that how it happened in the comic book. Kinda underwhelming, thought it was gna be an epic showdown. Not too it was bad, just not what I expected ... though I guess that's also a good thing

No. He was asleep under Boot Hill in the comics, not in Hell reliving his worst moments. Hell kicked him the ? out for being too dangerous after he murdered Satan and Hell froze over because his thirst for revenge was more intense than the fires of Hell. Satan personally tortured him and he didn't care because nothing could hurt him more than the loss of his wife and child. Heaven wouldn't take him, but the Angel Of Death realised he could be useful so Satan melted down his flaming sword into two colt revolvers that would never run out of bullets, never miss their target and can go through virtually anything. Generally one hit is enough to blow a hole in anyone. So he basically was waiting for someone to come and tell him to ? something for 120 years. He did ? one of the angels for waking him up and trying to demand he do the job rather than ask him politely. In the comics the word does work on the SOK from the start but he starts to learn how to get around later. He didn't get dumped off in a swamp or given a piece of Jesse's soul binding their fates together, they came to an accord when Jesse made the SOK realise ? created the storm that held him up from getting back to his sick wife and daughter in time so he could replace his Angel of Death with something or somebody else. It's at that point the Saint stops giving a ? about killing Jesse because he realises only Jesse and him pose a threat to ? which is why he set them against each other. No united fates, just realising both of their lives got ? because ? showed them no mercy.

? that is epic.....thanks man. That sounds like a whole show/comic in itself
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Damn i forgot about this site already lol. I gotta start reading passed volume 4 of Preacher and finish it up before they get to later seasons. Might as well start it all over to refresh my memory.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got caught up.GOT threw me off.Missed bout 3 eps .I know the saint of killers is coming back.

How did jesse not see that Grail enterprises ? ?

so wait the angels in heaven didn't make that tape?

how would the grail be able to ? a dude and make him play ? and how they know ? left?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
    They almost got hit wit a missile and didnt even know it
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    They almost got hit wit a missile and didnt even know it

Ol boy with the dead eye did get hit with a missile
  • jono
    Options
    Bruh, Jesus has a ? son?
    Humperdoo?

This show just has so much going on. An extended Jesus sex scene...among other things.

This feels kinda like shock TV. It feels like they just want to see how far they can go.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
    You havent read the comic have you?
  • jono
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    You havent read the comic have you?

Up to a point. This ? is in the comic?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn i feel like this show is determined to suck.

Everything that sucks about it are things that weren't in the comic and don't need to be in the show but Seth Rogan wants to put his greasy paw prints all over what was already a good story.

And the repetition. ? the repetition. The pace of this show is horrible.

And will somebody tell me why Tulip has been all in her feels for the past x episodes? She ain't new to this ? .
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just caught back up, too much stuff is coming on at the same time. Had to put this show on the back burner. This ? is all over the place, total chaos!! I know the Christians are ? at this show. They went with the unpopular(but I think it's more of the truth) Jesus story. The one where Mary was a jump off/? and Jesus was a hippie. When his grand son peed on Jessie I ? died!!!!

Oh ? the saint bout to come back.

I wonder what's gonna happen with Eugene's story and what's going on with hell.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I got 1 more episode to catch up on (besides the new one coming out tonight)

I died when those assistants ended up giving the one eyed dude male "professionals" and they played out a ? fantasy on him. Who are those white suit people? or have they been explained yet? from what i gather they are some sort of christian cult?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
    Oh ? wheres the saint? head for the hills!!!