2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to see vucci mane in Boston. Not good but passable at times defender, improved passer and of course a rebounding monster
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If boston acquires a rebounding/solid rim protecting big at any point before the '18 trade deadline they're my pick to win the east.

Not tryin to watch the cavs get washed again.What you think the warriors gonna do wit that walking shooting chair out there?

If we could figure out a way to get Robin Lopez they need to go ahead and do that

Baynes(the only thing about this crackas career I remember is blake dunking on him multiple times in the playoffs) but he has good per 36 rebounding #'s so I'll wait & see on him but horford and the lesser morris twin aren't good rebounders.Horford rebounding declined every year for the last 5 years.That's still an issue and they lost one of their best rebounders in avery

Boston don't really have tradeable salaries so a 3 team trade would probably have to happen but lopez would be a good look(as long as the opponents don't go small) cuz he can offensive rebound & rim protect.Lopez averaged 5 offensive rebounds vs the c's in the playoffs.

Do it acquire somebody.I don't wanna see the cavs in the finals again they'll get washed worse than last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pistonpowered.com/2017/04/25/aron-baynes-season-review-grade-detroit-pistons/amp/

It was articles like this that made me a fan of the signing, if he can just be an upgrade over Amir I'll be happy with that, but grabbing Lopez would be a slam dunk he would fit right into the system too but I can only see them doing something small like Kosta Koufos or some ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    If boston acquires a rebounding/solid rim protecting big at any point before the '18 trade deadline they're my pick to win the east.

Not tryin to watch the cavs get washed again.What you think the warriors gonna do wit that walking shooting chair out there?

If we could figure out a way to get Robin Lopez they need to go ahead and do that

Baynes(the only thing about this crackas career I remember is blake dunking on him multiple times in the playoffs) but he has good per 36 rebounding #'s so I'll wait & see on him but horford and the lesser morris twin aren't good rebounders.Horford rebounding declined every year for the last 5 years.That's still an issue and they lost one of their best rebounders in avery

Boston don't really have tradeable salaries so a 3 team trade would probably have to happen but lopez would be a good look(as long as the opponents don't go small) cuz he can offensive rebound & rim protect.Lopez averaged 5 offensive rebounds vs the c's in the playoffs.

Do it acquire somebody.I don't wanna see the cavs in the finals again they'll get washed worse than last year.

Everyone getting washed tho lol it doesn't matter

only team that could shoot out with them is Houston if they got melo and they still getting washed

You cannot put up a fantasy team together in today's league with 4 stars and equal bench players that will outright match the warriors

Boston still needs to address that cuz they can get exposed vs teams that can rebound.

idu why is it so hard to find a ? to get some boards teams got real issues. out here and you can't get a ? to get some boards????

I still wanna take a chance on Thomas Robinson cuz all we have is vet minimum contracts

? not gonna sign him Idu the ? got potential to very least be a 10 and 10 guy but gets noooooooo burn I never saw why he couldn't get steady minutes
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to see vucci mane in Boston. Not good but passable at times defender, improved passer and of course a rebounding monster

Would be a good fit but we have no pieces lol
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baynes could be an underrated acquisition if he has that same impact in Boston he had in Detroit
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    I'm not buying lavine as an all star. He may get there cuz i don't think there are no other 2 guards in the eastern conference.

Eventually he'll settle into a jamal crawford great 6th man role. He doesnt play defense and doesn't really look for others

No he won't.Averaged 19 ppg(15 fga, 46%) as a 3rd option with a 21% usage rate.That's efficient which crawford has never been.

Meanwhile ic favorite overrated player to dickride wiggins had a 29% usage rate,played more mins and had the ball more than lavine and averaged 2 assists a game(has had lower assist % than lavine his whole career) and has a worse dpm #'s yet everyone keeps saying "just wait be patient".Lavine is a more efficient scorer,better passer/playmaker and shooter.I bet money lavine will be an all star within 3 years.

Only thing in this post that made sense is his defense being suspect which he can improve on.He needs to work on getting to the line more too.

crawford avg 20 ppg i think twice in his career.

he has youth on his side so i know there is tons of room for potential but just watching his game i feel he is better suited for a 6th man role eventually.

he plays alot of streetball and shoots alot of jumpers just like crawford
  • detcatinva
    Options

only team that could shoot out with them is Houston if they got melo and they still getting washed

You cannot put up a fantasy team together in today's league with 4 stars and equal bench players that will outright match the warriors

Boston still needs to address that cuz they can get exposed vs teams that can rebound.

idu why is it so hard to find a ? to get some boards teams got real issues. out here and you can't get a ? to get some boards????

I still wanna take a chance on Thomas Robinson cuz all we have is vet minimum contracts

robinson is trash.
    seems like hes played on 7 teams in his 5 yr career
  • detcatinva
    Options
    banes problem is he cant guard pick and rolls and he picks up stupid fouls so you cant play him long
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Take him please!

nikola-vucevic-nba-orlando-magic-philadelphia-76ers.jpg

Yes because low key one of the best big men in the league is why your team sucks not a pf square named Arron Gordon trying To fit into a sf circle or a pg who can't shoot or a over hyped busted draft pick in mario whatever the ? his last name is

Na its the best player on your team

One of the best big men in the league? Believe me it we're low key I would be one of the few to know it. He's just as much a liability as he is an asset but you wouldn't know that because all you see is the numbers.

Centers like Vuc are becoming obsolete. Look at Kanters in role in OKC or Okafor in Philly. If your Bigs can't protect the rim or defend the pick and role it's a huge problem. He can thrive with a lesser role on a better team but he's stunting the progression of this team by not only getting destroyed defensively every night also forcing us to play at a slower pace on the other end. If you look at our roster we have guys who are built to play in an uptempo system. Elfrid and AG in particular struggle in at times in the half court and are at their best when allowed to pick up the pace.

Our entire team is a Circle trying to fit into a square peg and the front offices stubbornness in continually featuring Vuc as a primary option despite the leagues shift in offensive and defensive philosophy isn't the sole reason that we continue to suck but it's a major factor none the less.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Funny I was JUST gonna mention him. If there is one thing that bust can do it's rebound
  • Beta
    Options
    Just looked at the magic's roster...they gotta get rid of a few guys and vucevic is one of them.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vucci definitely isn't as bad on Defense as kanter or okafor imo. They may need to be moved but both vuc n Monroe are still starting level contributors
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    everyone that says boston wont this trade. yall seem to forget kyrie ran his own team for 2-3 years and them ? aint even sniff the playoffs. He aint taste the playoffs til bron came through. IT LED a squad of second round draft picks to the playoffs and each year further into them to the conf finals. Kyrie gon regret it when hes ousted in the 1st round year after year. They are essentially the same player except IT gets to the FT line more. plus yall forget IT averaged 29 a game last year and was the leader in the nba in 4th q points. Plus yall forgetting kyrie is a shoot first guard and boston sacrificed all its defense to get hayward and kyrie. Yall fools sayin they set up to go to the finals the next few years....only if bron goes out west next year. Not only that if they want cavs can flip that BK pick with another player for someone like DMC if they choose. Cavs are set up for the present and the future, in the words of shaq STOP IT!! lets not forget the rumors that d wade is getting bought out at some point this season and looking to join the cavs. so we talking.... IT, rose, calderon at 1, Smith, shump, korver and possibly wade down the line at 2. bron crowder, RJ, jeff green at the 3. thompson, love and frye at the 4/5 plus they could go small and have bron play 4 like they did in miami. If you telling me that squad isnt set up to go back to the finals your kidding yourself.
  • Beta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm not reading that fam lol

Not from a phone at least
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    everyone that says boston wont this trade. yall seem to forget kyrie ran his own team for 2-3 years and them ? aint even sniff the playoffs. He aint taste the playoffs til bron came through. IT LED a squad of second round draft picks to the playoffs and each year further into them to the conf finals. Kyrie gon regret it when hes ousted in the 1st round year after year. They are essentially the same player except IT gets to the FT line more. plus yall forget IT averaged 29 a game last year and was the leader in the nba in 4th q points. Plus yall forgetting kyrie is a shoot first guard and boston sacrificed all its defense to get hayward and kyrie. Yall fools sayin they set up to go to the finals the next few years....only if bron goes out west next year. Not only that if they want cavs can flip that BK pick with another player for someone like DMC if they choose. Cavs are set up for the present and the future, in the words of shaq STOP IT!! lets not forget the rumors that d wade is getting bought out at some point this season and looking to join the cavs. so we talking.... IT, rose, calderon at 1, Smith, shump, korver and possibly wade down the line at 2. bron crowder, RJ, jeff green at the 3. thompson, love and frye at the 4/5 plus they could go small and have bron play 4 like they did in miami. If you telling me that squad isnt set up to go back to the finals your kidding yourself.

Man this coming from the typo ? ?
  • Agrv2385
    Options

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pistonpowered.com/2017/04/25/aron-baynes-season-review-grade-detroit-pistons/amp/

It was articles like this that made me a fan of the signing, if he can just be an upgrade over Amir I'll be happy with that, but grabbing Lopez would be a slam dunk he would fit right into the system too but I can only see them doing something small like Kosta Koufos or some ?

look at this soft ass ? flaggin me cuz i told him the truth about his boo. Im a kyrie fan myself bruh but they the same player and yall got taken get over it. Offensively gifted but play no d, yall celtics aint goin nowhere unless bron allows it. accept it. You lost bradley, crowder, all the Defensive dudes that were the heart and soul of yall runs. We'll see Oct 17 opening night Boston at the Q. Lets not forget either kyrie was frequently injured prior to last year too with his knees and ankles.
  • Agrv2385
    Options

Man this coming from the typo ? ?

who the ? are you grammer police ? its a forum. i didnt hear you refute ? i said in that post though. FACTS
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    edited August 2017
    Options

look at this soft ass ? flaggin me cuz i told him the truth about his boo. Im a kyrie fan myself bruh but they the same player and yall got taken get over it. Offensively gifted but play no d, yall celtics aint goin nowhere unless bron allows it. accept it. You lost bradley, crowder, all the Defensive dudes that were the heart and soul of yall runs. We'll see Oct 17 opening night Boston at the Q. Lets not forget either kyrie was frequently injured prior to last year too with his knees and ankles.

Not one fact in that whole titangraph, a 20 year old Kyrie on a rebuilding roster vs a 25 year old on a team built to win with one of the best coaches in the business are two different things, Kyrie and IT are not the same player that's not a fact, IT was our best player but only Crowder was drafted in the 2nd round, AB, Smart, KO, Amir, Sully, Rozier, Jaylen, and Horford another all star all first round picks so no he didn't lead a bunch of 2nd round picks to the playoffs that's not a fact, Boston sacrificed "all its defense" that's a load of ? not fact, and all that other ? you typed is a bunch of ? that "could" happen but hasn't yet so those aren't facts, and you like to leave out IT getting exposed 3 years in a row in the playoffs, Jeff Teague outplayed him, the majority will tell you if Rondo didn't get hurt we would of lost, that first year I can't remember if Kyrie exposed IT to be honest all I know is Crowder couldnt cover Bron never could, Jaylen already showed he can do it a lot better than Crowder ever could
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    We had a great run with those players but our ceiling was only so high