Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh someone said on the PFT comment section that if Russell Wilson protested, he would have been signed.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    an bow are billionaires worried about bottom lines?

? are shook.

all on a green plantation.... ballin for ? bossa.

? is sicknening.

some of you ? are ? bossa an don't know it
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Bruh someone said on the PFT comment section that if Russell Wilson protested, he would have been signed.

Russ aint a threat...
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shady needs to shut his Becky-chasing ass up
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Shady needs to shut his Becky-chasing ass up

Aren't u a big fan of Shannon Sharpe? He's a Becky chaser also.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Not 1 black owner in the NFL and they operate like overseers

At least we've heard NBA coaches speak out against racism

There should be no questions as to how the nfl operates and who they pander to and who they dont value

? will say they need to feed they families.

here's the thing....

why ? yatching with groups of hoes?

enjoy your money....once your family is good...an your invested..

why can't you make a stand?

the NFL has enough black players to shut it down...same with NBA.

if all the black athletes take off a week...just one....

? would halt both sporting economies.

these ? aint 9-5ers.
    they got millions.

live humble to be able to make a stand when needed. ? are a slave to their own success.

I am too but I have enough to walk away if ? gets crazy.

I forgot who said it but someone said that during a lockout, players was applying for loans because they lived check-to-check with their NFL check smdh. That is disgusting & I don't show any sympathy who get these big sports contracts & blow their money until they are nearly broke at the end of their career. People like that have a price tag on their soul & worship money. Like an old head once told me "If you pay some people good enough, then they'll forget that they are a man"
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ^^^Same ? crying about Chip Kelly being racist 2 years ago

What a ? comment. All that man has done is kneel for the anthem. If there's any "distractions" its caused by the media.

This protest has exposed a lot of ? ...

:joy: he damn sure was.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ^^^Same ? crying about Chip Kelly being racist 2 years ago

What a ? comment. All that man has done is kneel for the anthem. If there's any "distractions" its caused by the media.

This protest has exposed a lot of ? ...

If I could GOAT this statement 100 times I would! So many phony ass cats on earth but I've never seen as many assembled in one spot since my guys protest.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man honestly, with the Kaep situation & the recent Charlottesville protest, the ? have been full force lately. This just confirms (even more) that these ? have been soley placed in position to send the message that black ppl are the problem & not white supremacy. Even though hundreds of neo ? 's just protested & even murdered a white civilian, the ? want us to still blame ourselves for our everything that we've seen lol. ? is disgusting.

Donald Trump just gave the KKK a cosign, yet Foreman says Kaep's the problem? Barkley still talking about the black ppl respecting police, when the CLEAR issues now are Charlottlesville, the confederacy & neo ? 's smh

These ? are AGENTS here to cause confusion & cosign white supremacy
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/08/24/cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-opens-anthem-protest-race-relations
    'I'm not criticizing nobody:' Cowboys' Dez Bryant opens up on national anthem protests, race relations and more

An innocent comment made in jest has once again ignited a social media backlash about Dez Bryant's reluctance to wade into the contentious debate about players choosing not to stand for the national anthem.

The unlikely spark was a Bryant tweet that he wouldn't go back to a specific Blaze Pizza location because one of the employees was a New York Giants fan. Bryant was clearly joking. But when ESPN's Jemele Hill saw a post that the Cowboys receiver was going to boycott Blaze Pizza, she pointed out Bryant was willing to boycott a pizza chain but was unwilling to take a more forceful or meaningful stance regarding the anthem.

Bryant responded on social media before Thursday's practice then did so again in a nearly 10-minute session with reporters at his locker once practice was done. He said he had no clue how joking about an exchange with an employee at a pizza place could be connected to the anthem debate.

"I'll tell you this, extremely disappointing because I didn't think it was that serious,'' Bryant said. "It wasn't. You've got to live. You've got to have fun. You can't be too uptight all the time.

"I swear to ? it was nothing personal when I tweeted that out to that girl (Blaze employee). I hope she didn't lose her job, I hope she didn't, just because it's not that serious.''

Bryant also wanted to make it clear he's not criticizing any NFL player who chooses to protest by not standing for the national anthem.

"I'm not criticizing nobody,'' Bryant said. "They're free to do whatever they want. Hell no, I'm not doing none of that. Their beliefs are their beliefs and I'm not saying they're wrong because they're feeling a certain way. They're supposed to.

"I'm just saying OK, I want to lead by example by doing positive. I'm not saying what they're doing is wrong. I just have my ways of going about things.''

All of this goes back to a comment Bryant made in training camp a week-and-a-half ago. Asked his thoughts on players choosing not to stand for the anthem, he said, "Whatever they got going on with that, that's them...I don't really have nothing to say about that.''

The apparent indifference of that response opened Bryant to criticism. He wanted to clarify his thoughts about the anthem and offer his take on racial relations Thursday.

"My whole thing about that whole situation is like people think that I don't care,'' Bryant said. "That's crazy.

"People are entitled to their own opinion. I can't sit here and get mad too. I'm just saying if you don't like black people, that's what you choose to do. But I know he might like a black person and he might like a black person and we on the same page so hey, we get along. I'm not fit to sit here and go crazy.''

Bryant pointed to different people in the media while making his point before returning to his original comments about the anthem protests.

"Back to speaking on that issue, like I said, I didn't mean no harm at the moment not wanting to speak on that situation or anything like that,'' Bryant said. "We just came off a great practice, we're doing great things, it's a positive environment, we're having a great time.

"I just feel like my real response to that is I'm leading by example. I go home, what's happening, being positive toward people, it's not meant for everybody to understand. It's never going to be. Everybody is not going to get it. You've got to be there for the ones who want to get it, who want to understand it, who want positive surrounding them.

"I'm the first to say, my childhood was bad, it was poor, but I don't let it weigh on my shoulders,'' Bryant continued. "I don't. I try my best to become a better person from it and do the exact opposite. That's why I try to show people, that's what I try to show these young kids. What I love about my home town, Lufkin, Texas, you can see them trying to do the same thing. I love and I respect it. It's going to get us far.

"Like I said, it's not for everybody to understand, but if we can reach as many people, we're going to do that. Like I said, if you want real peace, that's how you get real peace. That's my opinion.''

Whiny face Dez has spoken again...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    Not 1 black owner in the NFL and they operate like overseers

At least we've heard NBA coaches speak out against racism

There should be no questions as to how the nfl operates and who they pander to and who they dont value

? will say they need to feed they families.

here's the thing....

why ? yatching with groups of hoes?

enjoy your money....once your family is good...an your invested..

why can't you make a stand?

the NFL has enough black players to shut it down...same with NBA.

if all the black athletes take off a week...just one....

? would halt both sporting economies.

these ? aint 9-5ers.
    they got millions.

live humble to be able to make a stand when needed. ? are a slave to their own success.

I am too but I have enough to walk away if ? gets crazy.

I forgot who said it but someone said that during a lockout spout, players was applying for loans because they lived check-to-check with their NFL check smdh. That is disgusting & I don't show any sympathy who get these big sports contracts & blow their money until they are nearly broke at the end of their career. People like that have a price tag on their soul & worship money. Like an old head once told me "If you pay some people good enough, then they'll forget that they are a man"

stolen and very true

howany people would get millions over night an leave they wife a go out to party an ? like a teenage arab
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    A lot of emotion in these posts. You don't ? up the golden goose to be a broke activist. Standing for the anthem ain't no ? ? . In a few years Colin K will be a 30 for 30. It's honorable what he did, but at the end of the day, he sacrificed his platform to make a point, and now he can no longer even use that platform in silence because it's not there.

You can't wave a red flag in front of a bull and not expect it to charge. Everybody wanna cry that blackball ? like the owners don't still hold the cards. If i'm dez and I see what Kap is goin through, i'ma lay in the cut too, hell yea.

Like somebody said before. A lot of ? been quietly on some trill ? they whole careers.

Dez has money man. If he saved up like he should have, he would have what's called "? you" money.

See the problem is, these high paid athletes need to pool their resources together and start their OWN league, but some don't see the big picture.

It really ain't that simple...and it takes alot more than people would probably imagine to start an entire league. Especially one to compete with a multi billion dollar corporation that's already in existence. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the way this gets tossed around really over simplifies it

so you telling me if the all the top players? in the league left and started they own ? they would have to compete with the shield? gtfoh. all they will have is the pats and thats because its a "white" team. and it is that simple. like i said in an earlier post, you tell me that these ? couldnt rent a high school football field for sundays just to play? gtfohwtbs. they just dont want to take the pay cut because they could give a ? about the future they want their ? now

Really ? ? Going from stadiums to playing at HS fields? For 1 you talking about taking more than a pay cut...and 2. Starting an entire league ain't that damn simple as renting out a field and going to play. And yes they would have to compete with the NFL. That ? wouldn't just fold over night genius. Multi billion dollar businesses don't just disappear at the drop of a hat.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We could use Colin, but I know JR would never go for it. Derek Anderson is hot garbage, and it's time to put him to pasture. Joe Webb isn't an option. With Cam being injured, CK would be a great backup
  • buddyro
    buddyro Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    We could use Colin, but I know JR would never go for it. Derek Anderson is hot garbage, and it's time to put him to pasture. Joe Webb isn't an option. With Cam being injured, CK would be a great backup

a lot of teams can use him....the mulatto is being blackballed right now.
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Will Lesean Mccoy led his team to a Super Bowl this year? Thoughts?
    https://youtu.be/8V5dTKILD8A
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not gonna call him Lesean McCoon yet...