Does Method Man have any "Classic" albums?

Options
124»

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    BRING THE PAIN, RELEADE YO DELF, SANDMAN & PLO STYLE ARE CLASSICS TOO.

TICAL HAS CLASSIC MATERIAL, IT'S JUST NOT A CLASSIC ALBUM.

Stimulation
    Tical
    Mef vs Chef
    OG All I Need
    What The Bloodclot
    Sub Crazy
    Biscuits

Yo the whole album bangs. That straight raw ? . Classic. Ya ? buggin.

And Tical 2000 had fire. Just too many tracks.

Woo I forgot ? vs Chef was on That album yeah I think Tical is very close to classic status
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nope
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Tical is Classic. Not because it's the most musically together piece of work. But because, ? was huge and Tical was one of the most anticipated Albums of that Era. It then helped to usher in and cement Wu as a musical force as well as other artists to come in the game without a gimmick. Just crazy beats and grimy top notch MCing.

That's the same era, in fact the same year Illmatic and Ready to die came out. Redman destroyed his album on the month of the man with Dare is a Darkside. Tical wasn't even better than Keith Murray first album The most beautiful thing. But he did kick off the Wu solo acts.

How is Blackout one and 2 included? You might as well include the album with Rea and Ghost then too. And Blackout was a classic. But ? as a solo artist have 0 classic albums. But 4:21 was his best.

Why are you quoting me when I clearly said "Tical is Classic. Not because it's the most musically together piece of work." there were certainly more cohesive pieces of work at the time. Bottom line though is Red, Murray, and even Nas wasn't as big as ? . ? was so popular he was the only feature on RTD.

Impact and anticipation without the music is not a classic. If you can take pick 10 of the best albums from 94,would Tical be on the list? Tical was good album. Period. An album can't be classic because of the hype.

Yes I would. More importantly I never said, the album didn't have good or even great music. Which, I thought it did. I just didn't think it was as cohesive as other pieces of work from that time. You need to read my post again, where did I say the album is classic because, of hype? I clearly stated other factors in addition to the music. Which, is an obvious criterion for a which, an album can be deemed classic. A more modern example would be GRODT. That album isn't the most lyrical or musically put together piece of work either. But 50's impact shifted how other artists made music in addition to how big of an artists he became. If you factor in all things that album is considered classic by many.

Tical didn't shift any other artist mind set. No one tried to make an album like Tacal. It didn't break any sell records. No one was copying ? style after Tical. So how is it a classic? GRODT was classic not just because hype, sells or it started a movements. It was classic because the music was outstanding. It had bangers after bangers. Tical was good. But it was a whole ? load of albums that was better in that year. It's not even top 10 of that year. And it didn't change the culture either.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope
    Tical is Classic. Not because it's the most musically together piece of work. But because, ? was huge and Tical was one of the most anticipated Albums of that Era. It then helped to usher in and cement Wu as a musical force as well as other artists to come in the game without a gimmick. Just crazy beats and grimy top notch MCing.

Canibus was a huge artist with a most anticipated album with one of the best diss songs in hip-hop history. By your logic Can I Bus was a classic too.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope
    WHY CAN'T AN ALBUM JUST BE GOOD?

I FEEL LIKE...IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS...THEY'RE ABOUT 30 CLASSIC RAP ALBUMS AND HUNDREDS OF CLASSIC RAP SONGS.