Everyone has had mixed opinions on roommates

Whats yours

Is it a useful experience

Or is it better to be like fucc a roommate, live solo

Comments

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never lived solo. Had roommates til I was 23 then lived with my girl since. Living with my homie for years was fun for the time but def was gonna get old soon. The savage way we were living couldn't go on forever.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah

Close thread
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    If u cant walk from bathroom to living room butt ass you aint living right.

Roommates is mad childish after 25.

Stew
    Irony
    DWO

Inb4 @irony tells you to post itinerary
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Irony my mans I dont want beef
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Roommates are definitely wack as a grown man but the financial reality is such that sometimes you need it. And living with a roommate >> living in your mama's basement.

My advices:

1. live with someone you KNOW...like you're familiar with their quirkiness and Strange ass behaviors. I've heard a billion horror stories about ? finding roommates on Craigslist and Facebook and ? . Don't be a statistic

2. live with someone who complements you....if you're a messy slob don't ? live with a clean freak and vice versa. Someone's gonna get killed. If you work weird hours and gotta sleep in the day don't live with someone who plays drums during the day

3. Don't live with ? period whether you fuckign them or not. If you're ? them and ? goes south after she finds you ? her sis then you're stuck living with a salty hoe for another 7 months or one of you gets forced out. If you're not ? them you're gonna end up trying to ? them and mess the whole ? up.

Plus it's emasculating to have them bringing over dudes from the club to ? 'em while you're sitting in the living room trying to watch Luke Cage

4. All that being said financial responsibility >>>> trumps all other concerns. Nothing worse than living with deadbeats who you gotta chase for rent and bills every month.

Sounds like you speaking from experience ?
  • Sandinista
    Sandinista Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roommates are definitely wack as a grown man but the financial reality is such that sometimes you need it. And living with a roommate >> living in your mama's basement.

My advices:

1. live with someone you KNOW...like you're familiar with their quirkiness and Strange ass behaviors. I've heard a billion horror stories about ? finding roommates on Craigslist and Facebook and ? . Don't be a statistic

2. live with someone who complements you....if you're a messy slob don't ? live with a clean freak and vice versa. Someone's gonna get killed. If you work weird hours and gotta sleep in the day don't live with someone who plays drums during the day

3. Don't live with ? period whether you fuckign them or not. If you're ? them and ? goes south after she finds you ? her sis then you're stuck living with a salty hoe for another 7 months or one of you gets forced out. If you're not ? them you're gonna end up trying to ? them and mess the whole ? up.

Plus it's emasculating to have them bringing over dudes from the club to ? 'em while you're sitting in the living room trying to watch Luke Cage

4. All that being said financial responsibility >>>> trumps all other concerns. Nothing worse than living with deadbeats who you gotta chase for rent and bills every month.

Sounds like you speaking from experience ?

Bitter experience.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Solo. Thought about doing that with my best friend... that's still my ace cause I saw the signs. I was like nah I think I'm gone try the solo thing
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

My advices:

This is why my situation ain't like others who have roommates. I don't live no damn stranger or even associate for that matter.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once I got outta college no roommates... ain't nothing like ur own spot and piece of mind
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better to live solo, but cost of living up here is far too expensive so i got roommates. I live downstairs though and they live upstairs. The ? lets me eat their food too so that worked out pretty cool in my favor.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I prefer not to have a roommate but that shid has crossed my mind since I moved to DC
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even tho its more expensive...solo...
    ? all that writing your name on juice and ? ...fightin over leftovers you were plannin on eatin all day...nah
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    If you live somewhere where it's expensive af (NY, bay area, LA) I see nothing wrong with having roommates.

If you're just tryna be cheap tho your spot better be big enough to where you and your roommate(s) can't disturb each other when doing your own ? . If you're sleep you better not be able to be woken up by somebody having the blender on.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never had any and glad I didn't.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    If u cant walk from bathroom to living room butt ass you aint living right.

Roommates is mad childish after 25.

Stew
    Irony
    DWO

Inb4 @irony tells you to post itinerary

lol...

my only advice is to do what works for you. if you're gonna have a roommate, its best you know them.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Never lived solo. Had roommates in college, have my brother living with me since I've been out of school. The good is you save half your money on a mortgage/rent/bills. You always have someone to talk to or hang with.

The bad (maybe bc it's my brother) is I start to enter a comfort zone of family and don't socialize as much outside as I would if I was alone. I remember when I just had random roommates I made it a point to always be out and never in the dorm. Had more women and friends bc of that and more business opportunities bc my alone time was spent plotting.

The good about living alone is you don't have to ever think about anyone else when you make a decision on how you live.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Renting is lame. Get yourself a mortgage fam
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No roommate after college unless you just trying to stack cash. Personal preference, no judgment on anyone that does differently though.