The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Lady_Capoeira
    Lady_Capoeira Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Options

TF you're talking about? ? didn't even work!!
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Also, I knew it was over when I saw Conner look up at the clock during one of the middle rounds. Dude's body was probably in shock from going toe to toe for that long in that setting.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mayweather started defensive as usual when he saw he was getting some uncontested lands he started going in for the ? .

He looked like he couldve went another 12 rounds while mcgregor was about to fall out
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    I wanted a knock out!

You came to the wrong sport.

Lol @ ? huddling up around a 5 inch phone. Just charge $10 at the door, jeez.

Huddled up around a 75 inch TV with bottles of Jack

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Conor did way better than anyone thought for real,but i knew once he started gettin tired it was gonna be a wrap

Conor had too much pride. Probably could have lasted til the end if he retreated a little more when he got tired. He never stopped trying to go toe to toe.

The end of the round???? Lol dude was not lasting the rest of the fight i dunno if may woulda knocked him out but he def woulda got stopped eventually, his cardio was shot to ?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanted a knock out!

Lol you posted in the game of thrones thread again?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the payout?

I think i saw

Mcgregor 100 mil
    Mayweather 250 mil

These figures right?
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanted a knock out!

Lol you posted in the game of thrones thread again?

I just came back right now. I'll address the traitors of the realm later.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Connor goes back ta ufc his askin price per fight (plus a piece of tha ppv )just went up substantially

Bruh...this may change things in the UFC as for fighters gettin paid
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This was Mayweather's worst fight. It was either fixed or dude didn't prepare for real or old age caught up instant. Conor came out looking better than he ought to, making it somewhat interesting. A serious boxer like Crawford takes him in 2 rounds. They both got paid tho.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Also, Floyd knew what he was doing by letting him live in the later rounds. So some of y'all need to stop giving so much credit to Connor for lasting so long. May simply took advantage of Connor's stamina and ran the clock. The fight only looks competitive if you dont understand the context

I could agree with this against another pro boxer but a fighter in his professional boxing debut has no business lasting to the 10th round against Floyd. Say what you want, but McGregor deserves some props for that. For Floyd to even have the game plan of taking a novice into the deep waters says something for me. I expected complete annihilation.
  • farris2k1
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Whats the payout?

I think i saw

Mcgregor 100 mil
    Mayweather 250 mil

These figures right?

Depends on ppv buys, tickets etc but the guaranted money is $100 mill for may and $30 mill for conor
  • dwade206
    Options
    Whats the payout?

I think i saw

Mcgregor 100 mil
    Mayweather 250 mil

These figures right?

If that's true, which it is, then this may have backfired on the UFC in the long run. Expect a lot of contractual disputes over money and what is owed.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mcgregor stopped guarding his face completely his arms got too heavy for him

yea at a point in the last few rounds he couldnt even pick his hands up and i was like its over
  • dwade206
    Options
    1 - Y'all really wanted blood to want the fight to go on

2 - I paid for fight. I could afford it. Y'all loud ? broke

I'm just chilling like Floyd now

Oh word, you can afford a $100 fight? You done came up, lil ? . Keep aiming high.
  • farris2k1
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Also, Floyd knew what he was doing by letting him live in the later rounds. So some of y'all need to stop giving so much credit to Connor for lasting so long. May simply took advantage of Connor's stamina and ran the clock. The fight only looks competitive if you dont understand the context

I could agree with this against another pro boxer but a fighter in his professional boxing debut has no business lasting to the 10th round against Floyd. Say what you want, but McGregor deserves some props for that. For Floyd to even have the game plan of taking a novice into the deep waters says something for me. I expected complete annihilation.

Ok cool, lets act like Floyd isn't 40 ? years old and still beat him like he stole something. But ok.

And hasnt fought in over 700 days lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money LET Conner go 10 rounds.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    Ref should've let Mayweather KO dude.

Bad stoppage, but this happens in boxing all the time.

People should be used to it by now.

Usually when someone gets knocked out cold it's from a one-punch knockout.........not an accumulation of punches.

Other than that, refs usually jump in and stop it before it gets to that point.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »

Ok cool, lets act like Floyd isn't 40 ? years old and still beat him like he stole something. But ok.

I'm interested in what your pre-fight prediction was. If you had McGregor lasting to the tenth, for whatever reason, then props. I sure as hell didn't. 40 years old or not, he's still Money Mayweather fighting someone making their professional boxing debut. I didn't have it going past 5.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what the buy rate was?