ADHD! SHUT DA F*** UUUUUUP!!!!

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    yeah that doesn't apply to what I asked, the news been saying to evacuate since last week Wednesday, and I'm just curious as to why people didn't, especially those with kids, I'm just trying to understand they're reasoning

Nobody was told to evacuate..not in Houston at least.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah that doesn't apply to what I asked, the news been saying to evacuate since last week Wednesday, and I'm just curious as to why people didn't, especially those with kids, I'm just trying to understand they're reasoning

Some people live pay check to pay check and at times struggle just finding a way to get to work that 40minutes away. Those type of low paying jobs usually have an employer who gives a ? and doesn't shut down shop till it's absolute imminent danger. Leaving them to find a way to work anyway up to a day or two before a storm because they can't afford to miss a day of work.

All that said, barely any money or transportation, where they pose to go? How are they supposed to get there?

• Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

Nobody was told to evacuate..not in Houston at least.

I've been here in Texas for a week now and they've been saying people in Houston should evacuate since Wednesday
  • Kat
    Options
    Shut up and take your ass back to Wisconsin..everybody got an opinion like that that ? matters.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I'll let this woman tell it..

For those of you NON-Texans making comments on these pictures about how people deserve what they get because they didn't evacuate or making offhanded comments that they don't deserve to be rescued...STOP.

There are 6 million people in Houston. It didn't become a Category 4 until it was nearly making landfall. The flooding came on SO FAST that no one could have predicted the devastation.

Try evacuating 6 million people...do you know how long that would take? How dangerous that would be? They still would have had to be rescued...just would have nearly drowned on the roads instead of in their homes.

We have done hurricanes before. LOTS of them. And no one predicted devastation of this magnitude.

So before you cast judgment on Texans, keep in mind we take care of our own. I have seen people of every color and creed today giving themselves sacrificially to save the lives of others. People took out their boats and rescued total strangers, people delivered babies of neighbors they had never met, people fed others who hadn't eaten in hours, while people left the comforts of their home to volunteer their time and donate food to shelters. No one saw republican, democratic, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, trump-lovers, trump-haters...we just saw humans. Humans in need. And Texans have ALWAYS looked out for each other.

So judge all you want. We abide by a different set of rules here...where we staunchly defend our neighbors and look out for our fellow man...and pay no mind to the nay-sayers.

We will survive. We will thrive. We will rebuild. We will be stronger than ever. Because that's what Texans do.

"You may all go to hell...and I will go to Texas." Davy Crockett

This same woman probably asked the same question about hurricane Katrina
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Great, Austin need more ? from Houston.

Said no one
  • Ol Jay's
    Options

Some people live pay check to pay check and at times struggle just finding a way to get to work that 40minutes away. Those type of low paying jobs usually have an employer who gives a ? and doesn't shut down shop till it's absolute imminent danger. Leaving them to find a way to work anyway up to a day or two before a storm because they can't afford to miss a day of work.

All that said, barely any money or transportation, where they pose to go? How are they supposed to get there?

Slave mentality, thanks bro, I get it now, that's all I wanted was some understanding, because my thought process wouldn't allow me to conjure up a reason why

Sidenote, maybe the shelter they're being taken to after being rescused was set up prior to them needing to be rescused, so possibly they could've went there
  • Kat
    Options

Said no one

You aint even from Texas.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Slave mentality, thanks bro, I get it now, that's all I wanted was some understanding, because my thought process wouldn't allow me to conjure up a reason why

Sidenote, maybe the shelter they're being taken to after being rescused was set up prior to them needing to be rescused, so possibly they could've went there

uuy5zums1kd6.gif

They house ? huh?

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Said no one

You aint even from Texas.

Yes I am
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Purr wrote: »
    Meh.

Bring dem ? out!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol kat defensive as ?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for the people stuck on the roof in Houston, why didn't they evacuate when they were initially told to

Some people don't have money and can't get up and go like that
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MizuryLilith
    MizuryLilith Members Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Good morning

gif4gocwr6ay.png

We'll see....
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you dont know what the left lane is for then keep your ass out of it.

? .

People casually riding in the left lane is one of my top 3 pet peeves
  • MizuryLilith
    Options
    Ok... Let's try this again....
    Good Morning, IC.
  • MizuryLilith
    Options
    If you dont know what the left lane is for then keep your ass out of it.

? .

People casually riding in the left lane is one of my top 3 pet peeves

RiGhT!? Thor that ? or scoot!
  • Kat
    Options
    I'm about to do my hair and makeup solely cause I'm tired of sitting up in this house looking like a troll.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    for the people stuck on the roof in Houston, why didn't they evacuate when they were initially told to

This is the worst they've seen. And it's not that easy to just pack up and leave for some folks

You never truly know what you will actually do until you are faced with the decision

Even if you think you know.....

• Ol Jay's
    Options

Some people don't have money and can't get up and go like that

I guess, some people with nothing get up and go for other stuff, priorities not in order

If I ain't have nothing, last week Thursday me and my kids would've been on the city bus headed to a shelter
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm about to do my hair and makeup solely cause I'm tired of sitting up in this house looking like a troll.
    Bout time

More ppl should take this approach