The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

Joe haden for Cody Fleener and Authur Malet $14 mil cap hit nah they good.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Nobody is gonna wanna take on that Haden contract.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    LeBatard made the perfect point. Stafford's a good QB when you look at the numbers, but for THAT price, you're not winning a Bowl with dude; you'd be the luckiest of lucky to even sniff the NFC Title game. So, damn near $140M for some 9-7 or 10-6 seasons, and the occasional 11-5 season with a first round exit if they have to play on the road in January....

Not doing that. He could've went to Denver, and they would've gladly traded for him. He fit in there nicely. Stafford is the older Andy Dalton of the NFC, pretty much.

u5ogx4vt23uz.png

All I need to know......

That 5-46 record is exactly why they had a choice.

And replace him with who?

Draft picks.
    OLineman
    DLineman
    LBs
    CBs

5-46. What good is it doing keeping him if that's his record vs winning teams.

You mean like the Cleveland Browns did? Moving a player for a surplus of picks has worked exactly ONE time....for the first half of his career the team was atrocious or he was injured....it wasn't Stafford who drafted Ebron over Aaron Donald and Odell Beckham and that is just one example....this is where the QB market is right now...
    IF Kirk Cousins ? out another year, he'll get a contract that is very similar along with another host of QBs....I'm sorry...I don't subscribe to the lazy Skip Bayless way of looking at players based on record when you don't even have to be on the field to lose....Stafford is the only reason the Lions have a glimmer of hope
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lions are stupid

Why?

What has stafford done besides throw for yards? He can't beat winning teams and doesn't have a playoff win? He gets scared in the crunch time they will regret this contract

Show me where Stafford was ever "scared"

you ? are remedial...
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeBatard made the perfect point. Stafford's a good QB when you look at the numbers, but for THAT price, you're not winning a Bowl with dude; you'd be the luckiest of lucky to even sniff the NFC Title game. So, damn near $140M for some 9-7 or 10-6 seasons, and the occasional 11-5 season with a first round exit if they have to play on the road in January....

Not doing that. He could've went to Denver, and they would've gladly traded for him. He fit in there nicely. Stafford is the older Andy Dalton of the NFC, pretty much.

u5ogx4vt23uz.png

All I need to know......

Draft picks.
    OLineman
    DLineman
    LBs
    CBs

You mean like the Cleveland Browns did? Moving a player for a surplus of picks has worked exactly ONE time....for the first half of his career the team was atrocious or he was injured....it wasn't Stafford who drafted Ebron over Aaron Donald and Odell Beckham and that is just one example....this is where the QB market is right now...
    IF Kirk Cousins ? out another year, he'll get a contract that is very similar along with another host of QBs....I'm sorry...I don't subscribe to the lazy Skip Bayless way of looking at players based on record when you don't even have to be on the field to lose....Stafford is the only reason the Lions have a glimmer of hope

Y'all have the same amount of playoffs wins as them over the last couple of decades.

Their way didn't work due to poor draft picks.

Y'all way ain't working either.

It's always a good things to have draft picks to build.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This is the 6 ppl down for the money fantasy league. $50 buy in.

Need 2 more ppl, inbox me.......

@goodlookinout
    @ckfree
    @MillzOG
    @TheBoyRo
    @themadlionsfan
    @numbaz...80's baby
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about drafting titus ? suga young when he had mental issues in college.

The team paid that ? to go away during his 2nd year
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who were they gonna replace stafford with if they let him go? They really had no choice

? quickly forgot the lions went 0-16 without stafford...
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Those were some cold days in the D lol
  • natural born sinners
    Options

u5ogx4vt23uz.png

All I need to know......

Damn. Hard to argue against that..but QBs get paid in the NFL, that's just how it goes. Either you pay them or someone else will
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    That franchise knows more than any other how hard it is to find a good sometimes even a serviceable starting quarterback, they're a playoff team right now with Stafford and detcatinva brought up good points they every reason to believe his best football is ahead of him, or they could start over in the draft and end up with another Joey Harrington while missing the playoffs for the next decade, by the time he's 2 or 3 years in that contract will start looking like a bargain

They are not a playoff team.

Falcons
    Packers
    Seattle
    Giants
    Cowboys
    Arizona
    Saints
    Panthers
    Bucs

Are all teams that are looking better than Detroit.

Might as well stock draft picks

Funny you bring that up...you know what all those teams have, reliable franchise QBs and w the exception of 2-3, those QBs been w the team for close to or over 10 years.
  • natural born sinners
    Options

u5ogx4vt23uz.png

All I need to know......

Draft picks.
    OLineman
    DLineman
    LBs
    CBs

That draft class was stacked...Zach Martin was still on the board. Wasn't Brandon Cooks still. Lions could've hit big. Imagine cooks or OBJ on the same field as Megatron, or Aaron Donald next to Suh...what a botched job. Is ok to whiff on a draft pick, but it's gotta hurt more when the class is stacked
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    That happens a lot.

Exactly.. they do that all the time within the first 5 years

The idea of suspension is bullhsit
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all gotta good one ATL https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/falcons-acquire-former-mississippi-state-defensive-lineman-j-jefferson/

Falcons acquire former Mississippi State defensive lineman A.J. Jefferson

Former Mississippi State defensive lineman A.J. Jefferson is headed back to SEC territory to play for the Atlanta Falcons.

On Tuesday, the Falcons announced several changes to their roster heading into Thursday’s game against the Jaguars, according to a report from AtlantaFalcons.com writer Kelsey Conway.

One of those roster changes included the acquirement of Jefferson, who heads to Atlanta after having spent time with the Los Angeles Rams.

During Jefferson’s college career in Starkville, he started two seasons at defensive end and notched 12.5 sacks, 35 tackles for loss and six forced fumbles throughout his career.

“In order to make room for Jefferson, Atlanta waived wide receiver Bra’Lon Cherry,” the report stated. “The Falcons now have 14 defensive linemen on their roster.”
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't really see a need to take out someone who wasn't even involved in the play

I was taught Within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage you gota keep your head on a swivel... tight ends are head hunters too
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Kneezus back on the warpath.

I mean, if this isn't evidence that the preseason being shortened would benefit everyone, then there is none.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ravens need to look at Joe Haden, depending on cap hit
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of heads been calling Joe overrated for years.

Gonna be funny to see if they change tones if he picks their squad...

:)