Prisons transitioning to video conferencing only instead of in person visits....yall will it?

Options
Elzo69Renaissance
Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
Discuss

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was county. That's how we had to do it.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The COUNTY jail doing it here. And that ? cost money
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The COUNTY jail doing it here. And that ? cost money

bingo... that doing that to charge you for convenience. you can video conference with them without leaving the crib.. ? aint cheap either
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They do that in county all ready
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hugging family and taking pics keep them brothers going sometimes. First weights get removed now personal visits on Deck next? Conjugal visits and books R next 2 go.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just allow inmates to have cellphones.
  • blackgod813
    Options

Then extortion then illegal drugs move easier..they have them anyway...we should just sedate them truthfully bam no more violence
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This ain't nothing new. Been doing it to stop contraband from coming in the prisons
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then extortion then illegal drugs move easier..they have them anyway...we should just sedate them truthfully bam no more violence

Like you already said, they have them anyway, so just let all of them have cellphones. Far easier to stay in contact through texting or facetime.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at all these prison experts
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean not saying its right but neither is commiting a crime.
    Anybody who ever been locked up for anything will.tell you you on those folk time
    You move when they say move.and if you don't they got.the hole or worse for your ass.

Don't do crime and you have to look at your family on a TV screen

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    dont care not in prison(but of course its a hustle)
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they do that in county here. except you come to the jail and you talk to them through video. ? is crazy.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    "They took away weights in prison, discuss. "

Elzo
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Elzo

Fam u adding something to the discussion or male stalking?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Elzo

Fam u adding something to the discussion or male stalking?

You wanna discuss how bars eliminated smoking too?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I mean not saying its right but neither is commiting a crime.
    Anybody who ever been locked up for anything will.tell you you on those folk time
    You move when they say move.and if you don't they got.the hole or worse for your ass.

Don't do crime and you have to look at your family on a TV screen

@whatevathehell

I encourage you to read this guy's book "Just Mercy". It was life changing for me in terms of how I view the way we treat inmates. Bryan Steveson is a special brand of genius.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_cU50yLR04

Aside from that, there are numerous case studies for what we could look like if we treated inmates humanely from Norway to New Zealand to Switzerland. We could move differently if we chose to.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking from experience, visits are a double edged sword. It feels good to connect with the outside but at the same time it makes a mf angry and breeds anxiety and separation issues. It's a few of the guys that looked forward to them visits but all the ? did was remind me that I'm confined.

That ? just seems like a way to save on the budget. Visits cost money. Staff needs to be assigned, searches etc. Mfs are trying to trim the fat. Ain't got ? to do with convicts but I'm more than positive the idea was presented with prison safety and with convicts being the selling point.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On one hand, it's punishing those that actually get visitors, and on the other hand it would allow those who can't access their loved ones an opportunity to do so. It may also be a good way to allow children to get face time with a parent without subjecting them to the trauma of visiting a parent in a prison setting.

I'd be very interested to know where the massive savings would be spent though.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    I know my girl couldn't visit me in jail because she had warrants. This is helpful
  • blackgod813
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Took away weights because ? was bigger than the guards now people dont come back swole mother ? is starving in there..on another not i thought yall was all army an police yall convicts
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    On one hand, it's punishing those that actually get visitors, and on the other hand it would allow those who can't access their loved ones an opportunity to do so. It may also be a good way to allow children to get face time with a parent without subjecting them to the trauma of visiting a parent in a prison setting.

I'd be very interested to know where the massive savings would be spent though.

That money is going to salaries, Period.

Connecting with the babies is the only bright side about the whole thing. Mfs really can't grasp the power of a face to face visit unless they're in the situation. Mfs been facetiming. Phone access ain't ? but another hustle in the joint. Administration trying to catch up and profit from it.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully salaries of instructors, counselors and other mental health professionals.

My coworker keeps getting texts from her friend serving time trying to convince her to smuggle a phone card in so he has minutes. I was like badddd idea unless you want to be one of those chicks serving time behind a male.

She didn't even know it was illegal..smh.