If you lost everything tomorrow......

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
whether its due to a mate taking it all, destroying it all, or over a lie or lawsiit, IRS.....whatever reason...

how long do you think it would take you to rebuild to your current level?

financially, your sanity, confidence, trust...etc..

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least a year
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm gone be real...it would take me a little while. A few years, maybe more. I'd sulk a little while. One thang for sure though...I'd get it back and get even more. ? a ? from the Sipp. The poorest state, least educated state...so I done seen hopeless. I seen it and have created my current empire after going through it. I keep that chip on my shoulder. Can't nothing deter me for too long
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it took me 9yrs to get to where im at...
    to get back wont take me half as long..

ill give it 3yrs tops..

its only hard the first time.
    that and i got all the ? out the way..
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    About 2 years. I mean my sanity won't be shaken. I'm very grounded there since I don't get attached to anything. But in terms of finances and material possessions yeah about 2 years.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im pretty diverse in my all my forms of income, so for me to lose it all and come back to this point will take a few years. But thats if I have my job. If everything includes also losing my job, itll be much harder
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    12 months, give or take.....

fortunately my sanity nor confidence is rooted in the material

now if I were to lose my looks and become horribly disabled/disfigured.....that'll far more challenging
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    it took me 9yrs to get to where im at...
    to get back wont take me half as long..

ill give it 3yrs tops..

its only hard the first time.
    that and i got all the ? out the way..

With that way of thinking you can close the thread. Homie summed it up.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? im robbing ? left n right
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick since I ain't got ? to lose right now lmao

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best thing about dual nationality is having an entire and almost identical life elsewhere....so I'd say the time it d take me to go back home and get my affairs together....6 months
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick since I ain't got ? to lose right now lmao

giphy.gif
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's always going to be rain, you just have to prepare for it.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Man I honestly in some ways would feel a hella lot better if everything was wiped out. Which is weird because I have a good amount of possessions I really like.

Some would be unreplacable like my artwork but I could replace all the other things in about a couple years maybe
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When it comes down to it, all I got is some stories and an old springer spaniel. Got by on that before, I'd get by on that again.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Man I honestly in some ways would feel a hella lot better if everything was wiped out. Which is weird because I have a good amount of possessions I really like.

Some would be unreplacable like my artwork but I could replace all the other things in about a couple years maybe

@ the bold...i told somee that an they said it was crazy.

most people don't understand how there possessions own them.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I think y'all over looking how losing everything could mentally fukk with you.

an depending how it was lost...trust me be an obstacle

for me...I'm gettingback with 3 yrs.
    once I get some therapy.....to deal with whatever feeling I have from the situation. then I will fall back on all the ? I learned on my way up.

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I lost it all.
    Swore to ? that I'd get it back.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well let's see - I got nothing now.... so what, 2 days ?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got plans in place to make sure this never happens to the fam. I myself have went through this twice in my life already. The first time it took me 3 years to get right. The second time it took me 5 plus years to get right. Before when it happened i was single with no kids so it was easier to get on my grind and come back up. Now i got a spoiled wife and kids so to get back to a level where everybody is comfortable is gonna take some serious time and sacrifice from eveybody. To be honest, i don't think they are built like that. Hope i never have to find out.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    I got plans in place to make sure this never happens to the fam. I myself have went through this twice in my life already. The first time it took me 3 years to get right. The second time it took me 5 plus years to get right. Before when it happened i was single with no kids so it was easier to get on my grind and come back up. Now i got a spoiled wife and kids so to get back to a level where everybody is comfortable is gonna take some serious time and sacrifice from eveybody. To be honest, i don't think they are built like that. Hope i never have to find out.

so you saying wifey might be looking at the door if you lost everything?
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    take me about a week.....go to walmart get my futon.......go to the swap meet get me a fridge and tv

find me a bed at da flea market, go to Burlington Coat Factory for some fresh gear and buy me a refurbished PS3 to play my dvds and im good as new nugga
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I come up quick playboy ? my ? wedding ring
    Cop recop by some yayo
    Auction my ? off ? start a rummage sale
    Biiiiiiiiiiiiitch
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think y'all over looking how losing everything could mentally fukk with you.

an depending how it was lost...trust me be an obstacle

for me...I'm gettingback with 3 yrs.
    once I get some therapy.....to deal with whatever feeling I have from the situation. then I will fall back on all the ? I learned on my way up.

Bruh I've been evicted and also been laid off multiple times with zero expectations and without a nest egg to my name. Also had some seemingly sound investments get flushed down the toilet. I didn't break then when I was even more immature. I certainly wouldn't have a mental break now.

Granted everybody is different but losing everything and bouncing back without losing their mind isn't exactly a new rodeo for a lot of people. Especially after 2008.

In any event best of luck to you with your current situation.