• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but all it takes is a solid hit and he can be a wack rapper with a big name
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lol at ppl don't know who Meek is didn't his last album go platinum??? ? was beefing with the biggest pop star out and was dating one of the biggest pop stars out if only for making fun of him ppl know who Meek is and he's been more successful than everybody on TDE not named Kendrick combined.... Wale is a pretty well known artist too let's not act like they on the same level
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Tde lost when they let ab soul put out these days.

Then allowed him to drop a song called wifey Vs WiFi

notice how every number
    Represents three letters of the alphabet
    Like, 2 is A-B-C, 3 is D-E-F
    4 is G-H-I," I said: "I get it, alright!"
    He said: "Now trip off this, listen to me, Soul
    I know you off the ? , but I'ma need you to get a grip."
    I said: "Be serious," he said "Dial M-O-M."
    What a hella coincidence! It was 6-6-

It's sad i used to argue he's the best in tde he should of retired after control system
  • BlueIceBranson
    BlueIceBranson Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do people hate these days so much? It's not that bad of an album. It low-key had some bangers on there. I guess coming off of the hype of control system it was disappointing, but it was still a decent project
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

notice how every number

It's sad i used to argue he's the best in tde he should of retired after control system

Ab has the ability, just seems kinda lost to what he's trying to achieve. Trying to cross over to masses but has an abstract style that will never fit that mould.

Better off going back to the LT2 Ab and get back to that "human music".
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at ppl don't know who Meek is didn't his last album go platinum??? ? was beefing with the biggest pop star out and was dating one of the biggest pop stars out if only for making fun of him ppl know who Meek is and he's been more successful than everybody on TDE not named Kendrick combined.... Wale is a pretty well known artist too let's not act like they on the same level

He is more known for drake ending his career more so than anything he did in the beef

Schoolboy and meek on the same tier of rapper...meek might be more famous for hos antics while schoolboy makes better albums, collard greens and man of the year got played more than any meek single i could remember
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    This much-talked about label has been in existence since 2004 and has been spearheaded by arguably the industry's top hip hop artist, Kendrick Lamar. The roster includes the following highly praised names........

-Kendrick Lamar
    -Schoolboy Q
    -Ab Soul
    -Jay Rock
    -SZA
    -Isaiah Rider
    -Lance Skiiiwalker
    -Punch

While riding the publicity and accolades attached to Kendrick Lamar, this label has put out a total of 17 studio albums, in which only 5 of those albums have been certified either gold or platinum, while the other 12 have not sold well.

Other labels have had no problem riding the publicity wave of their top star to create success for the rest of their label. Ruthless, Ruff Ryder, Rocafella, No Limit, Death Row, Bad Boy, Aftermath, Shady Records, Cash Money/Young Money, and even MMG. I'm sure I'm forgetting many others.

Even if you're a stan of Kendrick Lamar, you have to admit that TDE has dropped the ball.

Kendrick my favorite current rapper, but I personally don't really ? w the rest of that crew. Ab-soul doesn't appeal to be. Jay Rock cool n schoolboy Q str8. But them ? far from a powerhouse label. Their acts are not very marketable, than again not sure it would be a good look for them to do some of the ? that s considered "marketable" these days
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

notice how every number

Soulo ain't been the same since he got wit Yaris.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    TDE has more classic albums than MMG and young money put together and thsts from just 1 artist so theyve been passed them

Plus ? album sales....schoolboy got 2 albums that are fire, jay rocks last album was solid and some ppl think control system is the best TDE release to date

REALLY MY ? ?!

• bck145
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    TDE has more classic albums than MMG and young money put together and thsts from just 1 artist so theyve been passed them

Plus ? album sales....schoolboy got 2 albums that are fire, jay rocks last album was solid and some ppl think control system is the best TDE release to date

REALLY MY ? ?!

Yes, considering neither of those labels has any classic albums

Ross has none
    Meek has none
    Wayne has none
    Drake has none

• JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Why do you people keep trying to shift my thread to a discussion about "lyricism" and "classic albums". That's not what this thread is about.

This thread is showing that the over-hyped/over-rated record label TDE has not made any other stars, even though they've had arguably the industry's top MC leading the roster for damn near a decade.

Other than Kendrick and to a lesser extent Schoolboy, nobody has had a top selling album. Nobody, other than hip hop message board posters, knows who Ab Soul or Jay Rock are. Some people barely know who Schoolboy is.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you people keep trying to shift my thread to a discussion about "lyricism" and "classic albums". That's not what this thread is about.
    w0l7h1.gif&size=400x1000

The inmates have always run the asylum joe
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    w0l7h1.gif&size=400x1000

The inmates have always run the asylum joe

LOL...........you still mad cause I started the Jay Z thread. Some of y'all need to get a life other than the IC. It ain't that serious guy.....LOL
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    How are they overrated?

It's laid out in the OP.

Jay Rock, Ab Soul, and Schoolboy Q should be household names by now. TDE dropped the ball.

? a star power, bet ur cupcake ass got subscription to Us weekly and People.

All I care about is the music, and so far..

GKMC
    TPAB
    Damn
    Oxymoron
    Blank Face
    Control System
    Habits & Contradictions
    Section 80
    Setbacks
    Cilvia Demo

so no ? , they haven't underperformed.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

He is more known for drake ending his career more so than anything he did in the beef

Schoolboy and meek on the same tier of rapper...meek might be more famous for hos antics while schoolboy makes better albums, collard greens and man of the year got played more than any meek single i could remember

Those are played more then I'm a boss??? Dreams and nightmares intro??? Rico??? All eyes on us??? Boi stop lying Schoolboy and Meek are not in the same tier lol
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How are they overrated?

It's laid out in the OP.

Jay Rock, Ab Soul, and Schoolboy Q should be household names by now. TDE dropped the ball.

? a star power, bet ur cupcake ass got subscription to Us weekly and People.

All I care about is the music, and so far..

GKMC
    TPAB
    Damn
    Oxymoron
    Blank Face
    Control System
    Habits & Contradictions
    Section 80
    Setbacks
    Cilvia Demo

so no ? , they haven't underperformed.

Take that TPAB trash off that list and I can cosign you
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best thing TDE does is give the chance for it's rappers to have longevity in both touring and having a niche fanbase across the country. And on top of that these ? actually are getting paid (unlike YMCMB).

Out of the entire football roster at YMCMB the only recent success stories are Wayne, Drake and Nikki. All 3 are trapped under Birdman who still owes them millions each. You wanna talk about MMG wale flopped worse than TDE rappers like Soul or Q given the flop of an album his last album was. Not to mention Ross tried to save face with drake when his homie meek was beefing with him.

It's better to be a TDE rapper right now than on 95% of other labels out here.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only ones in that crww I rocked wit were ab soul(makes best music imo) and schoolboy.Kendrick last 2 albums decent but he's just a black eminem to me
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Could be worst. Could be Dreamville. Them ? don't promote nobody. lol

Given the way you spent so much time predicting J Cole would flop and go nowhere I think you should bow out of any predictions regarding Cole or his label at this point
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This thread is showing that the over-hyped/over-rated record label TDE has not made any other stars, even though they've had arguably the industry's top MC leading the roster for damn near a decade.

Other than Kendrick and to a lesser extent Schoolboy, nobody has had a top selling album. Nobody, other than hip hop message board posters, knows who Ab Soul or Jay Rock are. Some people barely know who Schoolboy is.

Ab soul and jay rock arent signed to major labels like kendrick schoolboy and SZA. TDE is an independent label not a major.
  • bck145
    Options

Because its 2017, no one gives a ? about album sales.....lil uzi has become a household name yet no one gives a ? about him

Making music is their profession not becoming some trivial "star"
  • bck145
    Options

Those are played more then I'm a boss??? Dreams and nightmares intro??? Rico??? All eyes on us??? Boi stop lying Schoolboy and Meek are not in the same tier lol

I literally cant name a meek single other than house party....the rest made little noise