Pros / Cons About Marriage

Options

Comments

• rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Pops treat my Mother the exact way I'd treat my wife if I was married. Told me one time in my adult life that if he had it to do all over again, he would not have gotten married. Powerful to your point @ineedpussy. They'll be on 52 yrs Married in 2 weeks.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    i mean, past the pros and cons, first people should realize marriage aint for everybody.

marriage, just like anything else, has to be done right.

you got a good job and a 401k, and you marrying a ? that doesnt even work? you done ? up from the get go.

marry someone on your level. you a professional making x amount of dollars? marry a chick who is a proffesional and makes money in the same range.

marry someone who believes the same thing you do, you religious? make sure she is too. you family oriented? make sure she is too.

whatever your level of maturity is, make sure the person you are marrying is there too. you more mature then her and yall both bout to get married? you ? up.

you cant find the person to meet this criteria? well ? it, wait till you do. who the ? gets married just to get married?

follow these simple rules and there is a high chance your marriage will be one that works out.

Real facts right here. My homie had the perfect marriage on paper they both make good bread have 2 beautiful lil ones and wife came home one day and said she doesn't believe in marriage anymore SMH blew my mind how that could happen cause they got along great. Point is I believe the mental maturity was off with one of them

I mean any marriage can end, regardless of right it was.

To me the idea is to try to limit risk. Life is all about risk management, marriage aint different.

Another thing people should do is wait till they are at a minimum 28+ to marry. At that point a person knows if they are marriage material or not.

Some people are just not marriage material.

I went out with some homegirls the other night and I said this exact thing. I said "if you were born in the 90s and got married before 28, you wack af"...my best friend is my age (26) and another of our friend is 24...both married....I was like "yep, y'all hoes too!" Lol

Like seriously there is no need to be married that young in this day and age where we have so much more access to/know so much more about the world.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i mean, past the pros and cons, first people should realize marriage aint for everybody.

you got a good job and a 401k, and you marrying a ? that doesnt even work? you done ? up from the get go.

marry someone on your level. you a professional making x amount of dollars? marry a chick who is a proffesional and makes money in the same range.

marry someone who believes the same thing you do, you religious? make sure she is too. you family oriented? make sure she is too.

whatever your level of maturity is, make sure the person you are marrying is there too. you more mature then her and yall both bout to get married? you ? up.

you cant find the person to meet this criteria? well ? it, wait till you do. who the ? gets married just to get married?

follow these simple rules and there is a high chance your marriage will be one that works out.

Real facts right here. My homie had the perfect marriage on paper they both make good bread have 2 beautiful lil ones and wife came home one day and said she doesn't believe in marriage anymore SMH blew my mind how that could happen cause they got along great. Point is I believe the mental maturity was off with one of them

To me the idea is to try to limit risk. Life is all about risk management, marriage aint different.

Another thing people should do is wait till they are at a minimum 28+ to marry. At that point a person knows if they are marriage material or not.

I went out with some homegirls the other night and I said this exact thing. I said "if you were born in the 90s and got married before 28, you wack af"...my best friend is my age (26) and another of our friend is 24...both married....I was like "yep, y'all hoes too!" Lol

Like seriously there is no need to be married that young in this day and age where we have so much more access to/know so much more about the world.

@atribecalledgabi where your pics at tho?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Mind ya business...

That hurt
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the hell??? Lmaoooo
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of bleeding hearts in this thread.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mind ya business...

Hoes how
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sandinista wrote: »

PRO:

- married men live longer and are healthier, both mentally and physically than single men...by a huge factor:

ml0hwios39o6.png

Ima need this broken out by race because Black Man life expectancy is 65 yrs of age... if you're lucky

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    gloomy as it sounds zuko saying a lot of blunt truths

"Every woman is out to get you" is true?

Naw but stuff like women mostly are the ones the end relationships... women settling ...women havin that back up plan... them taking all ur ? and older married men telling younger men not to marry or they wouldn't if they could 're do it..all are true

But all that is predicated on the notion of women being out to get you...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    @2stepz_ahead ...Be honest fam and ya post was dope, cosigned U. Any1 else can answer too. Do U open ALL the way up tho with ya wife? Not necessarily keeping secrets but share it all since it is till death do you both part. I'd still feel it as a " Boyfriend / Girlfriend" relationship with kids, house and responsibilities therefore be open and honest still but I'd say fully open with her about 60% only.

are you asking if she knows everything about me?
    nah...nobody does but me.
    as I am sure I dint know everything about her.

it takes a lifetime to know...some things just never come up..until they come up.

I can say I open up to her with 90-95% of everything. I take care of most things in our life.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Ayo which one a yall married with reservations in your heart and which one of yall ddnt see the red flags? Lets talk about it

the divorced people
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Lot of ? that are married now are only in that position because their wife settled.

Either she was getting up there in age, got kids she comfortable you playing daddy to, or her biological clock ticking. So she figure you are the best she can do, at that moment.

Marriage is nothing but status for females. It legitimizes them in the eyes of other females, at least in regular communities. Black families a whole other trip.

Divorce is the same way. Status. ? got the home alimony and cs. She can sit around all day chase young ? and go to Yoga.

A ? is always looking to better deal your ass. Never forget that. If she see something better she think she can get your ass is gon.

? initiate divorce 70% of the time. They don't go that route unless they already have a new ? lined up.

Think it's a game. These hoes silly but they diabolical at the same time.

i agree but also disagree.

I am a person who reads between lines.
    you have to ask the right questions to know where your ? is going.

most dudes don't care to ask. I think alot if women don't keep it real with another woman about what marraige is or how to keep it together. an then they set up game by telling other chicks it's been "infidelity" in the past so that's why they cheating or cheated. I always call out that ? . they trying to not look selfish but try to look like they have a right.

an losing your job will tell you everything you need to know.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Naw but stuff like women mostly are the ones the end relationships... women settling ...women havin that back up plan... them taking all ur ? and older married men telling younger men not to marry or they wouldn't if they could 're do it..all are true

80% mostly likely are.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

80% mostly likely are.

but the things is most of those ? are out to get the girls that are out out to get them.. maybe not in the same way but the end result is getting got....because you played a game.. then when the game got too real.. and ? dont wanna play no more..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

80% mostly likely are.

but the things is most of those ? are out to get the girls that are out out to get them.. maybe not in the same way but the end result is getting got....because you played a game.. then when the game got too real.. and ? dont wanna play no more..

an that's why ? dint want to commit to the game...