Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at ppl don't know who Meek is didn't his last album go platinum??? ? was beefing with the biggest pop star out and was dating one of the biggest pop stars out if only for making fun of him ppl know who Meek is and he's been more successful than everybody on TDE not named Kendrick combined.... Wale is a pretty well known artist too let's not act like they on the same level

He is more known for drake ending his career more so than anything he did in the beef

Schoolboy and meek on the same tier of rapper...meek might be more famous for hos antics while schoolboy makes better albums, collard greens and man of the year got played more than any meek single i could remember

Those are played more then I'm a boss??? Dreams and nightmares intro??? Rico??? All eyes on us??? Boi stop lying Schoolboy and Meek are not in the same tier lol

I literally cant name a meek single other than house party....the rest made little noise

So you've never heard dream and nightmares intro or Rico??? ? stop lying

Ive heard both....neither get play reguarly or in public settings

GET THE ? OUT HERE LMFAOO

You gotta remember he's a cac from the burbs
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at ppl don't know who Meek is didn't his last album go platinum??? ? was beefing with the biggest pop star out and was dating one of the biggest pop stars out if only for making fun of him ppl know who Meek is and he's been more successful than everybody on TDE not named Kendrick combined.... Wale is a pretty well known artist too let's not act like they on the same level

He is more known for drake ending his career more so than anything he did in the beef

Schoolboy and meek on the same tier of rapper...meek might be more famous for hos antics while schoolboy makes better albums, collard greens and man of the year got played more than any meek single i could remember

Those are played more then I'm a boss??? Dreams and nightmares intro??? Rico??? All eyes on us??? Boi stop lying Schoolboy and Meek are not in the same tier lol

I literally cant name a meek single other than house party....the rest made little noise

When the ? r u in the club and hear either of those songs....not never
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You gotta remember he's a cac from the burbs

Says the hipster cry baby of the forum....go ? somewhere else
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDC what anyone says, it feels like SZA sold out. Her new ? feel souless compared to projects she had like Z
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    IDC what anyone says, it feels like SZA sold out. Her new ? feel souless compared to projects she had like Z

Forreal? CTRIl the first album I heard from her.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    Why do you people keep trying to shift my thread to a discussion about "lyricism" and "classic albums". That's not what this thread is about.

This thread is showing that the over-hyped/over-rated record label TDE has not made any other stars, even though they've had arguably the industry's top MC leading the roster for damn near a decade.

Other than Kendrick and to a lesser extent Schoolboy, nobody has had a top selling album. Nobody, other than hip hop message board posters, knows who Ab Soul or Jay Rock are. Some people barely know who Schoolboy is.

Ab soul and jay rock arent signed to major labels like kendrick schoolboy and SZA. TDE is an independent label not a major.

This been said MULTIPLE TIMES in this thread but this ? keeps ignoring it so his dumb thread can continue

Homie, my past threads have done major numbers, so there's no need for me to give this one an artificial push. It's a legit hip hop discussion happening in this thread and I thank those posters that have shown they're not afraid to go against the grain.

Some of you cats simply want to make this thread into what you want it to be, but I've been very clear about my reasoning for calling TDE an overrated, under-performing record label. Both Ab and Jay's albums were/are released under TDE.............

http://www.tde.us/discography/
  • #jpp
    #jpp Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you people keep trying to shift my thread to a discussion about "lyricism" and "classic albums". That's not what this thread is about.

This thread is showing that the over-hyped/over-rated record label TDE has not made any other stars, even though they've had arguably the industry's top MC leading the roster for damn near a decade.

Other than Kendrick and to a lesser extent Schoolboy, nobody has had a top selling album. Nobody, other than hip hop message board posters, knows who Ab Soul or Jay Rock are. Some people barely know who Schoolboy is.

Ab soul and jay rock arent signed to major labels like kendrick schoolboy and SZA. TDE is an independent label not a major.

This been said MULTIPLE TIMES in this thread but this ? keeps ignoring it so his dumb thread can continue

Homie, my past threads have done major numbers, so there's no need for me to give this one an artificial push. It's a legit hip hop discussion happening in this thread and I thank those posters that have shown they're not afraid to go against the grain.

Some of you cats simply want to make this thread into what you want it to be, but I've been very clear about my reasoning for calling TDE an overrated, under-performing record label. Both Ab and Jay's albums were/are released under TDE.............

Drake the best rapper of our time. Surely he is, right? I mean, tde overrated cause they ain't selling as much records as everyone else like Drake, Nikki, and I think you brought up Wayne. So whoever sell the most records should be rated higher, right? So if the hip hop community think higher of tde than young money when clearly young money has sold more records and have more household names than tde, that means they're overrating tde? It has nothing to do with the fact that they just make better music right?

You rating rappers based off their success and not their ability to... you kno... rap? This is why people were talking about "lyrics" and "classic albums".

Kendrick Lamar is overrated. Drake sold more records and more people kno his name, which is a fact by the way..... see how silly that sounds?

And yes, they've underperformed. Don't mean they overrated. (I don't even think they've underperformed as an independent label but I'll give you that one just for the hell of it)
  • JJ_Evans
    Options
    #jpp wrote: »

Drake the best rapper of our time. Surely he is, right? I mean, tde overrated cause they ain't selling as much records as everyone else like Drake, Nikki, and I think you brought up Wayne. So whoever sell the most records should be rated higher, right? So if the hip hop community think higher of tde than young money when clearly young money has sold more records and have more household names than tde, that means they're overrating tde? It has nothing to do with the fact that they just make better music right?

You rating rappers based off their success and not their ability to... you kno... rap? This is why people were talking about "lyrics" and "classic albums".

Kendrick Lamar is overrated. Drake sold more records and more people kno his name, which is a fact by the way..... see how silly that sounds?

And yes, they've underperformed. Don't mean they overrated. (I don't even think they've underperformed as an independent label but I'll give you that one just for the hell of it)

You're also missing the point of the thread. Who knows.....maybe purposely.

There are a few posters on this site who get it, and weren't shook to go against the group-think mentality of the IC. That's all I really need out of this thread.
  • #jpp
    Options

There are a few posters on this site who get it, and weren't shook to go against the group-think mentality of the IC. That's all I really need out of this thread.

Then what's the point bruh? Cause I still haven't seen you explain how they're overrated.
  • JJ_Evans
    Options

Then what's the point bruh? Cause I still haven't seen you explain how they're overrated.

I'm 99.9% sure that you're some poster's alias account that's trying to troll, so...............

tenor.gif
  • #jpp
    Options

I'm 99.9% sure that you're some poster's alias account that's trying to troll, so...............

tenor.gif
    Lmao, and how'd you come to that conclusion? The same way you came to the conclusion that tde overrated? Outta nowhere? First you say you made the thread to have a discussion about this and then when someone tries to have a discussion about it, you brush them off as an alias? Ok bruh.

Some of y'all ? act like grown ass children, lol.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Forreal? CTRIl the first album I heard from her.

Yes, she kinda switched up her style as well. She is way more aggressive with her writing style.

I am happy for her success and her finally cracking urban mainstream though. But she doing the same thing Jhene Akio did, and dumbing down her music style to appeal to larger radio audience.

Don't know if her personality will continue to do so though, I'm curious to see where she goes with her Lane in the future. I realize Jhene Aiko went ghost to raise her child and to come back into her element of her true musical element.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isaiah Rashad the best rapper on the label.
  • #jpp
    Options

Besides Kendrick, I'll cosign this.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    SZA Album is straight.

Tyler's album is better than Damn.

I think Hip Hop overall just haven't been as exciting lately.

The bolded is exactly how I've been feeling as of late
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

His album has no personality just bland
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Absoul and schoolboy are the best on the label
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Absoul and schoolboy are the best on the label
    giphy.gif
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In terms of rhymes and (witty) bars with entendres and all that, at TDE Ab-Soul rules IMO...

• englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    In terms of rhymes and (witty) bars with entendres and all that, at TDE Ab-Soul rules IMO...

Ab has a solid catalogue don't understand the hate he gets. Long term 2 is a classic mixtape imo.

Long term 1 was a solid project as well.

https://youtu.be/-uowKCItkjI

https://youtu.be/fmvy_2-OFfA

https://youtu.be/I46-mq_JKZ0

https://youtu.be/AlSZUiRoSpg

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ab soul can't make an album to save his life
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ab soul can't make an album to save his life

To my knowledge I think he's dropped three ...
  • CSOPQ
    CSOPQ Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Overrated. It's true, it's damn true
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see you still avoiding the fact Ab soul and Jay Rock ARE NOT SIGNED UNDER A MAJOR LABEL. CASE CLOSED. GET TO THE POINT HOW TDE IS OVERRATED
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options

I see you still avoiding the fact Ab soul and Jay Rock ARE NOT SIGNED UNDER A MAJOR LABEL. CASE CLOSED. GET TO THE POINT HOW TDE IS OVERRATED

He ain't got no point man