Pros / Cons About Marriage

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage is supposed to be sacred.
    Nobody really understands what that means anymore...
    Marriage is nothing more than a fools investment now.

so now you tryinna call me a ? ?

Yeah. Cuz I was totally talkin to AND about you.... You wanna get married....? Go for it. You got more ? than me. I've done it twice. And twice I've turned good men into evil sons of ? by giving them everything I thought they deserved and they took advantage of that.
    So ? them.
    ? love.
    ? marriage.
    Only thing any dude wants anymore is ? .
    I ain't down.
    Sucks too.
    I used to be a freak.
    Now I'm celibate.
    AWESOME.

aye......whoaaa
    slow down.

I'm already married an spoil my wife like old milk.

? is just a monster you created. can't be rhem for what you created. but you can learn from it. now come up off the ass..
    I'm sure 1 of the homies here.....nevermind.

these ? only want the ? ....plus show the world ya ? .
    Props on the marriage.
    I'm guessing you are in you 40's-50's.

So then what your saying is.... it's okay to spoil women... But if a woman spoils her man she's a fool.

Lesson learned.

And its T.I.T.S.

too intense to show...

Wish I could....
    Stupid nudes get in the way....

Lmmfao and now you have no idea what I'm talking about.

nope I don't....but I'm not saying you a fool.

I'm saying we can't be mad at a person getting used to being spoiled. women feel entitled, men feel empowered by it.

spoil me obviously I hit that ? right. she sint going nowhere. chase over...need to fund new prey. or...this chick crazy.

Comes back to who you are spoiling.

look at IG...chics think you should do it just cuz they cute...
    nah..

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing I can add to this thread..

All my ? that actually got married are doing better than they've ever done right now.. Coincidence? Maybe.. They were stand up dudes prior to taking the vows... But man.. I can't say that these women have hindered their lives..

If things go sour thats a whole other thing.. But right now.. Life is great.. And when I say great.. You guys have no idea how good things are going for some of these cats..
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Lol

A lot of hurt feelings in this thread

Pros

Tax benefits

Cheaper insurance rates

Married men tend to live longer and report to being healthier....with women its a wash

Married men earn more than their unmarried peers. And these income differences among men don’t seem to depend on any of the obvious demographic differences, including age, education, race, etc. However women get hit with a marriage penalty, as married females earn less than unmarried women

Cons
    Y'all got it covered

For anyone who is financially well off i can understand why you would be hesitate to marry

But otherwise marriage can be a great thing

Married men make more money because they work longer hours.

Here's a simple word problem

Jeffery makes 100k a year, is married to a wife who makes 50k a year. They have three children and live in a four bdrm house in a suburb. They own two car notes and both still have student loans. Jarrod is a single man, early 30s, lives in a two bdrm apt makes 45k a year and owns a 2010 benz. Who has more discretionary income? Who is probably no more than three paychecks away from bankruptcy?

Taxes only become an issue at the 60k bracket.
    Health insurance, most men don't go to the doctor so basic coverage is what most will opt for.

As far as living longer, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

not totally true

when you account for hours work, position, salary, experience, etc married men still make more

studies strongly suggest employers tend to prefer and promote men who are married

married ppl car insurance and home insurance rates are lower as well

so living a longer and happier life isn't a benefit now? lol
  • MizuryLillith
    MizuryLillith Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. I did it cause they was my husbands.
    I married them because I thought they were good men...
    But men like them get spoiled by the same old thing long enough and they think they deserve a newer version.
    Honey I WAS a fool.
    No more.
    There are too many ? willing to give away what I expect a man to work for. And too many men willing to load up on ? rather than work to get a good woman.
    ? it.
    I'll burn down the market before I put my ass back on a shelf.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

All my ? that actually got married are doing better than they've ever done right now.. Coincidence? Maybe.. They were stand up dudes prior to taking the vows... But man.. I can't say that these women have hindered their lives..

If things go sour thats a whole other thing.. But right now.. Life is great.. And when I say great.. You guys have no idea how good things are going for some of these cats..

Its so many factors... ur homies may be the men those women really want and they won. But like u said right now life is great but for arguments sake all it takes is for that women to no longer be happy and its over wit.... Im generalizing based off u on here that ur friends are pretty well off financially.. which is another factor in their good relationship right now. But lets say 5 years from now ? forbid their marriages run their course is those good years of marriage worth what they will lose in divorce court?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead

I'm hangin by the celibate rope....

Exodus 22:18

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live....

Google can't translate that.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Dude uses app to find his wife getting piped....and HE may end up in jail.

This doesn't help the pro-marriage argument. Brrrrrrrrrdot!

Because marriage is the only time people cheat
  • blackrain
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    On my way to divorce atm, just outgrew the idea of it being necessary just like i outgrew religion.
    Funny thing i got married when i was the most religious id ever been.

Basically, if getting married isn't meeting some spiritual/religious fulfillment, you would be stupid as ? to do it as a MAN.

You see the horror stories, you know the odds against you...and you still going to do the ? ?

Its said that its intelligent to learn from your own experiences, but WISE to learn from the experiences of others. Be wise....

There are horror stories from ? having gf's. You about to tell somebody never get into a relationship too? There's bad stories to everything you can do in life.
  • MizuryLillith
    MizuryLillith Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead

I'm hangin by the celibate rope....

Exodus 22:18

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live....

Google can't translate that.

No. But I can.
    If you don't get it, don't ask.
    I ain't tryna ? up anybodys life.
    Alls I can say is "Enlightenment" is ? when you as old as I Am.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol

Pros

Tax benefits

Cheaper insurance rates

Married men tend to live longer and report to being healthier....with women its a wash

Married men earn more than their unmarried peers. And these income differences among men don’t seem to depend on any of the obvious demographic differences, including age, education, race, etc. However women get hit with a marriage penalty, as married females earn less than unmarried women

Cons
    Y'all got it covered

For anyone who is financially well off i can understand why you would be hesitate to marry

but all monetary benefits.

Same reasons ? don't want to be married

not all

again married men tend to live longer and report to being healthier as well

and beyond the financial benefits that come with being married, being married is no different than being in a committed long term relationship

with the exception of the couple parting ways, marriage obviously complicates things
  • blackrain
    Options
    It's also telling that alot of ya'll are solely focusing on "The woman can ruin the marriage by just leaving' as if men don't just up and leave a marriage either. Or do stupid ? that contributes to a divorce. You'll have a ? talking all that don't get married because you can lose half your ? ...then when you ask them why their wife wanted a divorce "Well I mean I was ? 3 other ? on the side but so what."...
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    On my way to divorce atm, just outgrew the idea of it being necessary just like i outgrew religion.

Basically, if getting married isn't meeting some spiritual/religious fulfillment, you would be stupid as ? to do it as a MAN.

You see the horror stories, you know the odds against you...and you still going to do the ? ?

Its said that its intelligent to learn from your own experiences, but WISE to learn from the experiences of others. Be wise....

There are horror stories from ? having gf's. You about to tell somebody never get into a relationship too? There's bad stories to everything you can do in life.

You dont have to legally bind yourself to a girlfriend bruh.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's also telling that alot of ya'll are solely focusing on "The woman can ruin the marriage by just leaving' as if men don't just up and leave a marriage either. Or do stupid ? that contributes to a divorce. You'll have a ? talking all that don't get married because you can lose half your ? ...then when you ask them why their wife wanted a divorce "Well I mean I was ? 3 other ? on the side but so what."...

Both cons..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Lol

Pros

Tax benefits

Cheaper insurance rates

Cons
    Y'all got it covered

Jeffery makes 100k a year, is married to a wife who makes 50k a year. They have three children and live in a four bdrm house in a suburb. They own two car notes and both still have student loans. Jarrod is a single man, early 30s, lives in a two bdrm apt makes 45k a year and owns a 2010 benz. Who has more discretionary income? Who is probably no more than three paychecks away from bankruptcy?

Health insurance, most men don't go to the doctor so basic coverage is what most will opt for.

not totally true

when you account for hours work, position, salary, experience, etc married men still make more

studies strongly suggest employers tend to prefer and promote men who are married

Married men have to work more. Because their overhead. Is much bigger. Than a single man.

Yes employers prefer married men because they know those men will be ? . They can't afford to get fired or to say ? it and walk away.

What you're describing is something called golden handcuffs. It also illustrates that you don't understand freedom but you do want to be a slave.

good point.

they knowvitd a wrap they lose they job
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Some of ya'll just....

6hqfqtpomxgf.gif
  • blackrain
    Options

You dont have to legally bind yourself to a girlfriend bruh.

If you stay with her long enough a court will rule differently. So unless ya'll hoping in and out relationships with predetermined time limits you're still putting yourself at risk
  • blackrain
    Options
    Lol

Pros

Tax benefits

Cheaper insurance rates

Cons
    Y'all got it covered

not totally true

Married men have to work more. Because their overhead. Is much bigger. Than a single man.

Yes employers prefer married men because they know those men will be ? . They can't afford to get fired or to say ? it and walk away.

What you're describing is something called golden handcuffs. It also illustrates that you don't understand freedom but you do want to be a slave.

Yeah because there's a bunch of single ? who can afford to be fired or just up and walk away from their jobs/careers.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol

Pros

Tax benefits

Cheaper insurance rates

Cons
    Y'all got it covered

not totally true

A longer life as in 10 extra years of a low quality of life and drain more of the resources we could pass down in inheritance to the younger generation ? You are so selfish......

Tbh most of us ain't looking forward to 10 extra years of living from 80-90 unless we still ?
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @LordZuko you better finish part 2 bruh i was reading that ? intrigued then you go gone on a ? raid. ? just finish that ? . ? like to be in the know
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Pro:

Companionship and partnership- Having an extra pair of hands to raise all these damn kids I got, plus an extra income is nice. I know I can count on her to have my back. Me and my wife get along pretty well and don't argue a lot. We have a lot of fun actually. (Except for when we playing Madden or 2k. I almost broke up with her when we were dating over a ? win she got, long story)

Con:

Kids. Not to be an ass, because kids are pros. But the little buggers are mos def cons when you tryna enjoy quality I.H.P time.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol

Pros

Tax benefits

Cheaper insurance rates

Cons
    Y'all got it covered

not totally true

Yeah because there's a bunch of single ? who can afford to be fired or just up and walk away from their jobs/careers.

Single ? , if they live within their means and not outchea flexin for the gram for the book can easily stack enough bread so that if ? goes South they got reserves. Most ? dont need a whole lot of ? . It's only when we tryna chase a ? we get out of body
  • blackrain
    Options
    Lol

Pros

Tax benefits

Cheaper insurance rates

Cons
    Y'all got it covered

not totally true

Single ? , if they live within their means and not outchea flexin for the gram for the book can easily stack enough bread so that if ? goes South they got reserves. Most ? dont need a whole lot of ? . It's only when we tryna chase a ? we get out of body

And since you know all these stats and numbers you should also know that most people aren't in a position to just up and quit their job or be good if they were to lose it. That's not a situation brought about by marriage. In fact a marriage that is a 2 income household is more likely to stay afloat than a single person who suddenly loses their source of income.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

Its so many factors... ur homies may be the men those women really want and they won. But like u said right now life is great but for arguments sake all it takes is for that women to no longer be happy and its over wit.... Im generalizing based off u on here that ur friends are pretty well off financially.. which is another factor in their good relationship right now. But lets say 5 years from now ? forbid their marriages run their course is those good years of marriage worth what they will lose in divorce court?

There's a disconnect here.. And that disconnect isn't the money.. I've actually had this convo with one of my Homies.. And the money isn't the concern.. ? told me he would be losing his partner.. And his children to some extent.. And as an extension of that a sense of stability in his life. The money is of no concern cuz to him regardless he is going to take care of his fam. And he knows how to get a dollar.. All in all the relationship is more valuable to him than whatever monetary losses he may take.. And that is telling.. The mindset is different.. And that mindset may lead him down the path of having a successful marriage..