Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Lol

A lot of hurt feelings in this thread

Pros

Tax benefits

Cheaper insurance rates

Married men tend to live longer and report to being healthier....with women its a wash

Married men earn more than their unmarried peers. And these income differences among men don’t seem to depend on any of the obvious demographic differences, including age, education, race, etc. However women get hit with a marriage penalty, as married females earn less than unmarried women

Cons
    Y'all got it covered

For anyone who is financially well off i can understand why you would be hesitate to marry

But otherwise marriage can be a great thing

Married men make more money because they work longer hours.

Here's a simple word problem

Jeffery makes 100k a year, is married to a wife who makes 50k a year. They have three children and live in a four bdrm house in a suburb. They own two car notes and both still have student loans. Jarrod is a single man, early 30s, lives in a two bdrm apt makes 45k a year and owns a 2010 benz. Who has more discretionary income? Who is probably no more than three paychecks away from bankruptcy?

Taxes only become an issue at the 60k bracket.
    Health insurance, most men don't go to the doctor so basic coverage is what most will opt for.

As far as living longer, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

not totally true

when you account for hours work, position, salary, experience, etc married men still make more

studies strongly suggest employers tend to prefer and promote men who are married

married ppl car insurance and home insurance rates are lower as well

so living a longer and happier life isn't a benefit now? lol

Married men have to work more. Because their overhead. Is much bigger. Than a single man.

Yes employers prefer married men because they know those men will be ? . They can't afford to get fired or to say ? it and walk away.

What you're describing is something called golden handcuffs. It also illustrates that you don't understand freedom but you do want to be a slave.

yes men with more responsibilities and dependents tend to work more hours, doesn't totally account for the disparity in pay was my initial point

and while single men tend to have less dependents to care for, they still are "slaves" to external forces and not free from certain consequences regardless one choices

the perception of others matter

and working to make sure your spouse and child are comfortable is no less or more a choice than a single person working to make sure that they can maintain a certain lifestyle/ level of attractiveness ....

that said, regardless of how you want to spin it, being perceived as reliable and or more responsible is advantageous

not a great reason to get married on its own, but it is a benefit nonetheless
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    @LordZuko you better finish part 2 bruh i was reading that ? intrigued then you go gone on a ? raid. ? just finish that ? . ? like to be in the know

Part two is on gf vs wives.

You gotta understand what a man is to a woman. He's a lottery ticket. She tryna figure out if what she holding in her hand is a winner. If not she gonna move on, if she smart. Females understand that they age like athletes. Their prime years are between 19-29. After that it's a wrap you got a old ? on your hands, those are dangerous.
    A ? is always tryna get a man to commit to her emotionally, that's why she needs constant validating. She needs to hear you say the i love you, needs you to buy her gifts and prioritize her over lifelong friends. That indicates to her the man's level of commitment. Men don't give commitment easy but once they do, it's hard to take back outside of her betrayal. So once she feels a ? is committed she starts to move towards marriage.

This is where ? lose.

When a ? is at the gf stage you as the man run the show. A ? Got two options, she can stay or she can go. But if you the man, you already let her know that there's ? waiting to come off the bench. 1)no ? wants a ? with no ? . 2)no ? wants to see another ? prosper off her progress.

3)you gotta ? these hoes, you gotta have that ? mentally, she has to know that you're better than her. This seems harsh because the average ? don't wanna ? his girl. But if you don't ? her another ? will. No ? wants to be with a lame ? . Every ? wanna feel like they ? got the juice because that mean they got juice. This why rappers, dboys, athletes stay with hoes, and ? on waiting lists just to try out to be a hoe. And a ? gotta keep ? because having hoes is how you keep your swag. You ever see a ? that you know is bitchless try to talk to another ? . It's sad. This all self explanatory tho.

So when she just a gf and she know she competing with other ? she either gonna work hard or fall off. Either way next ? up.

Part 3: Marriage aka Every hoe think she a ?
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @LordZuko you better finish part 2 bruh i was reading that ? intrigued then you go gone on a ? raid. ? just finish that ? . ? like to be in the know

You gotta understand what a man is to a woman. He's a lottery ticket. She tryna figure out if what she holding in her hand is a winner. If not she gonna move on, if she smart. Females understand that they age like athletes. Their prime years are between 19-29. After that it's a wrap you got a old ? on your hands, those are dangerous.
    A ? is always tryna get a man to commit to her emotionally, that's why she needs constant validating. She needs to hear you say the i love you, needs you to buy her gifts and prioritize her over lifelong friends. That indicates to her the man's level of commitment. Men don't give commitment easy but once they do, it's hard to take back outside of her betrayal. So once she feels a ? is committed she starts to move towards marriage.

This is where ? lose.

When a ? is at the gf stage you as the man run the show. A ? Got two options, she can stay or she can go. But if you the man, you already let her know that there's ? waiting to come off the bench. 1)no ? wants a ? with no ? . 2)no ? wants to see another ? prosper off her progress.

3)you gotta ? these hoes, you gotta have that ? mentally, she has to know that you're better than her. This seems harsh because the average ? don't wanna ? his girl. But if you don't ? her another ? will. No ? wants to be with a lame ? . Every ? wanna feel like they ? got the juice because that mean they got juice. This why rappers, dboys, athletes stay with hoes, and ? on waiting lists just to try out to be a hoe. And a ? gotta keep ? because having hoes is how you keep your swag. You ever see a ? that you know is bitchless try to talk to another ? . It's sad. This all self explanatory tho.

So when she just a gf and she know she competing with other ? she either gonna work hard or fall off. Either way next ? up.

Yo bro.. You believe all of this?...

It's 2017.. This may have worked a generation ago.. But these women are moving different out here.. Pay attention..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Only thing I can add to this thread..

All my ? that actually got married are doing better than they've ever done right now.. Coincidence? Maybe.. They were stand up dudes prior to taking the vows... But man.. I can't say that these women have hindered their lives..

If things go sour thats a whole other thing.. But right now.. Life is great.. And when I say great.. You guys have no idea how good things are going for some of these cats..

Its so many factors... ur homies may be the men those women really want and they won. But like u said right now life is great but for arguments sake all it takes is for that women to no longer be happy and its over wit.... Im generalizing based off u on here that ur friends are pretty well off financially.. which is another factor in their good relationship right now. But lets say 5 years from now ? forbid their marriages run their course is those good years of marriage worth what they will lose in divorce court?

There's a disconnect here.. And that disconnect isn't the money.. I've actually had this convo with one of my Homies.. And the money isn't the concern.. ? told me he would be losing his partner.. And his children to some extent.. And as an extension of that a sense of stability in his life. The money is of no concern cuz to him regardless he is going to take care of his fam. And he knows how to get a dollar.. All in all the relationship is more valuable to him than whatever monetary losses he may take.. And that is telling.. The mindset is different.. And that mindset may lead him down the path of having a successful marriage..

Cool... but in ur opinion is it worth it?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1)no ? wants a ? with no ? . 2)no ? wants to see another ? prosper off her progress.

You can apply the bolded to marriage too... young single women are sexually or for other reasons attracted to married men even when aware they've (the latter) been cuffed...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

This is where ? lose.

It's 2017.. This may have worked a generation ago.. But these women are moving different out here.. Pay attention..

You should know this ? is on some ? when he uses phrases like "Having hoes is how you keep your swag". For all this ? he talking about not being dependent on a woman his entire response is that of a man whose entire self worth and view of himself is determined by women. Which is counter to the very point he thinks he's making about women being more depending on men than men should be on women.
  • LordZuko
    Options

This is where ? lose.

No females not moving different. The year don't matter, the race don't matter the country don't matter.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    Only thing I can add to this thread..

All my ? that actually got married are doing better than they've ever done right now.. Coincidence? Maybe.. They were stand up dudes prior to taking the vows... But man.. I can't say that these women have hindered their lives..

If things go sour thats a whole other thing.. But right now.. Life is great.. And when I say great.. You guys have no idea how good things are going for some of these cats..

Its so many factors... ur homies may be the men those women really want and they won. But like u said right now life is great but for arguments sake all it takes is for that women to no longer be happy and its over wit.... Im generalizing based off u on here that ur friends are pretty well off financially.. which is another factor in their good relationship right now. But lets say 5 years from now ? forbid their marriages run their course is those good years of marriage worth what they will lose in divorce court?

There's a disconnect here.. And that disconnect isn't the money.. I've actually had this convo with one of my Homies.. And the money isn't the concern.. ? told me he would be losing his partner.. And his children to some extent.. And as an extension of that a sense of stability in his life. The money is of no concern cuz to him regardless he is going to take care of his fam. And he knows how to get a dollar.. All in all the relationship is more valuable to him than whatever monetary losses he may take.. And that is telling.. The mindset is different.. And that mindset may lead him down the path of having a successful marriage..

Cool... but in ur opinion is it worth it?

I think that's a personal question. That each individual has to answer for themselves.. There are so many factors that I would take into account.. Overall it's a gamble.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options

This is where ? lose.

No females not moving different. The year don't matter, the race don't matter the country don't matter.

Yo son.. These woman are definitely moving different.. Hoeism is applauded in today's society... These women have no shame. They'll ? you and your friend and and give 0 ? .. It is because of this that it might be in some dudes best interest to get married if they actually find a good woman.. Cuz it's a ? game out here..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

1)no ? wants a ? with no ? . 2)no ? wants to see another ? prosper off her progress.

You can apply the bolded to marriage too... young single women are sexually or for other reasons attracted to married men even when aware they've (the latter) been cuffed...

speak on this.....why?

they want to show the are able to get took attention
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

This is where ? lose.

Yo son.. These woman are definitely moving different.. Hoeism is applauded in today's society... These women have no shame. They'll ? you and your friend and and give 0 ? .. It is because of this that it might be in some dudes best interest to get married if they actually find a good woman.. Cuz it's a ? game out here..

true but some married chicks do it too.

but like you said....a good woman
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    why shouldn't a chick leave you ? is the question.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Lol

A lot of hurt feelings in this thread

Pros

Tax benefits

Cheaper insurance rates

Married men tend to live longer and report to being healthier....with women its a wash

Married men earn more than their unmarried peers. And these income differences among men don’t seem to depend on any of the obvious demographic differences, including age, education, race, etc. However women get hit with a marriage penalty, as married females earn less than unmarried women

Cons
    Y'all got it covered

For anyone who is financially well off i can understand why you would be hesitate to marry

But otherwise marriage can be a great thing

Married men make more money because they work longer hours.

Here's a simple word problem

Jeffery makes 100k a year, is married to a wife who makes 50k a year. They have three children and live in a four bdrm house in a suburb. They own two car notes and both still have student loans. Jarrod is a single man, early 30s, lives in a two bdrm apt makes 45k a year and owns a 2010 benz. Who has more discretionary income? Who is probably no more than three paychecks away from bankruptcy?

Taxes only become an issue at the 60k bracket.
    Health insurance, most men don't go to the doctor so basic coverage is what most will opt for.

As far as living longer, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

not totally true

when you account for hours work, position, salary, experience, etc married men still make more

studies strongly suggest employers tend to prefer and promote men who are married

married ppl car insurance and home insurance rates are lower as well

so living a longer and happier life isn't a benefit now? lol

A longer life as in 10 extra years of a low quality of life and drain more of the resources we could pass down in inheritance to the younger generation ? You are so selfish......

Tbh most of us ain't looking forward to 10 extra years of living from 80-90 unless we still ?

lol

living longer isn't a means unto itself. rather for married folk to live longer strongly suggests they are healthier and live a better quality of life than their single counterparts

you want to label me as selfish for noting that as a benefit, cool

and why not just ? urself now if you are truly concerned with conserving resources and ceasing the ways you contribute to things like global warming and world hunger

also good to note couples who get and stay married can have as much as four times the wealth of their single or divorced peers as well...wealth that is then passed down to younger generations, specifically their children

• LordZuko
    Options

This is where ? lose.

Hoeism is lauded but at the end of the day these hoes want validation. For example Amber rose. Notorious hoe. For all the ? she talks she still wants a man. However, based on her own actions there's only a certain level of man willing to be publicly seen with her. Enter 21 Savage. A ? clearly dealing with mother issues and lack of father. Amber came in and played a role.

Blacc Chyna another hoe only could get someone that is a public joke. No serious ? would ever cuff her.

Hoeism is lauded by hoes.but as much ? as these hoes talk they cannot validate themselves. They need a man to want them to desire them to love them.

The game is played differently at different levels. The level you talking about, is a basic ? level.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a 2 way street... what u mean u ? tho u part of us lol
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

speak on this.....why?

they want to show the are able to get took attention

Bro I ain't know. I ain't a woman. But in my lifetime and observations it's nearly always been the case...
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was just talking to this guy today i ran into at work

Says he leaves the house everyday at 2:30am for work, takes evening classes that end at 9:30pm bc he figured out what he wants to do in life. Mind u this dude has to be in his 40s but he dont look it.

He said having to leave his wife in bed and fam at home in the middle of the night makes him want to grind harder so one day the set up wont be so hectic and he can be around more.

Also said his wife makes good money and told him "Go for it, I got your back if something goes wrong."

Guess thats a +1 for pro?

On the other hand, if the wife wasnt ? and didnt help with anything it would probably ruin a guy
  • blackrain
    Options

Yeah you can. A wedding bang is like a ? magnet.
  • MizuryLillith
    MizuryLillith Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    Marriage is a ? scam. I just spent the last 7-8 months sitting in court watching men get ? over because of that "legally binding" relationship. I watched a mf making $250 K / year getting ? in court by his wife. Left that ? w/ crumbs. Had me sitting there wanting to ? that broad for him. Why? All because somebody didn't want to be w/ the other person any more. Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn been together damn near 30+ years and never got married. Society tells people that you have to be "married" to prove your love for your partner. Marriage is mostly beneficial for women. My girl and I both are like "? getting married again". Bout to be on our Kurt and Goldie ? .

It aint just men that get ? over...
    Ya kniw what i left both my marriages with....?
    My Clothes & My Car....
    At least i can find satisfaction in the fact the ? always keeps the trailer.
    Lmmfao
  • blackrain
    Options

? won't answer that. They'll just keep up the "She just woke up on a random Tuesday and decided to end the marriage and take everything you got"
  • EmM HoLLa.
    edited September 2017
    Options

This is where ? lose.

Hoeism is lauded but at the end of the day these hoes want validation. For example Amber rose. Notorious hoe. For all the ? she talks she still wants a man. However, based on her own actions there's only a certain level of man willing to be publicly seen with her. Enter 21 Savage. A ? clearly dealing with mother issues and lack of father. Amber came in and played a role.

Blacc Chyna another hoe only could get someone that is a public joke. No serious ? would ever cuff her.

Hoeism is lauded by hoes.but as much ? as these hoes talk they cannot validate themselves. They need a man to want them to desire them to love them.

The game is played differently at different levels. The level you talking about, is a basic ? level.

This guy... What are we talkin about here? Amber got married to wiz and got a million outta the divorce settlement. Chyna is gonna take Rob to the cleaners and they ain't even get married. If you ask me they've been validated not only by the men they were dealing with.. But by the general public.. And most importantly by the courts.. Look at Future.. Again what are we really talkin about? Since when do ? gotta get married to get ? by the courts?

Don't let bravado and ego blind you to what is really happening out here. I'm all for being the ? /alpha male.. But today.. You gotta be careful because they use that against you..
  • MizuryLillith
    MizuryLillith Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is where ? lose.

Just to quote.
    Because this is spot ? on.
    Hope you all enjoy your diseases.
    It's worse than the early 80's outchea.
    Period
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited September 2017
    Options

This is where ? lose.

but why would a dude want a hoe?

not like dudes would turn away a smash from any of the named hoes.

that validation starts with aint ? ? who step out on they child. women and men grow seeking male validation.

enter hoes and ? who prey on hoes

if we make hoeism bad again....watch marraige go up.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options

It's a 2 way street... what u mean u ? tho u part of us lol

I put in much work....so.

you ? ..lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    was just talking to this guy today i ran into at work

Says he leaves the house everyday at 2:30am for work, takes evening classes that end at 9:30pm bc he figured out what he wants to do in life. Mind u this dude has to be in his 40s but he dont look it.

He said having to leave his wife in bed and fam at home in the middle of the night makes him want to grind harder so one day the set up wont be so hectic and he can be around more.

Also said his wife makes good money and told him "Go for it, I got your back if something goes wrong."

Guess thats a +1 for pro?

On the other hand, if the wife wasnt ? and didnt help with anything it would probably ruin a guy

having a ? back.....if something goes wrong.

alot of chicks say it...very few mean it.
    an even fewer don't have a time limit on having the guys back.