The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lmao I actually auditioned for one of that guy's movies back in the day. One of the worst things I ever did cause I'm a writer by nature not an actor but I walked out mad proud and ? .

Always feared that if I ever blew up somehow someone would leak it out. The movie turned out to be hot ? from the sewer anyway. Pride & Glory waste of a perfectly good cast. At least some of my people got to work crew on it.

I was pulling for Mel Gibson. Knew it wouldn't happen. Just hope that WB learned the right lesson from Wonder Woman. Leave him alone during production.
  • Carnage816
    Carnage816 Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Options
    Casting another Joker is disrespectful and DC needs to remember that suicide squad is a group of anti heros/villains. They need to play off that dynamic instead of tryna GotG it. They got something special if they can use their imagination and have a solid story.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People really trying to justify why casting another Joker is anything other than disrespectful. Leto only got to play the role once and then got his screentime chopped to hell.

The suits at WB DON'T want to take responsibility for their actions.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    lets just be real they realize it was the shitiest form of the joker weve seen. Very few people were a fan of it and want to see a whole movie based on a ? ? gangsta with a grill running a crew from the streets. They probably cut his scenes down because they werent any better than the rest. Of course Leto thought he did great in the extra scenes, what actor is gonna say yeah i probably went over the top and it didnt come out so great so they didnt put it in the movie. They dont say some ? like that until their acting careers are winding down. i say recast his ass for the joker harley movie too so he doesnt ruin that one too.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude from It needs to be Joker
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    lets just be real they realize it was the shitiest form of the joker weve seen. Very few people were a fan of it and want to see a whole movie based on a ? ? gangsta with a grill running a crew from the streets. They probably cut his scenes down because they werent any better than the rest. Of course Leto thought he did great in the extra scenes, what actor is gonna say yeah i probably went over the top and it didnt come out so great so they didnt put it in the movie. They dont say some ? like that until their acting careers are winding down. i say recast his ass for the joker harley movie too so he doesnt ruin that one too.

Gotta disagree. I think he was going in the right direction.
  • soul rattler
    Options

Have you seen the cut out scenes or are you purposely making an uninformed opinion to justify a studio that insists on ? up their own films in post-production?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao had that ? Bats dodging bullets like it wasn't ?
  • Agrv2385
    edited September 2017
    Options

Have you seen the cut out scenes or are you purposely making an uninformed opinion to justify a studio that insists on ? up their own films in post-production?

i have every ? dc blu ray and have seen them all and the behind the scenes. seeing joker come back from the helicopter in the end with a burnt ass face didnt make his weirdo take any better. so keep your snarky ass remarks to yourself just cuz my opinion differs from urs.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patty Jenkins officially signed on to direct WW2
  • Agrv2385
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ‘Justice League’ rumored to have two credits scenes, Green Lanterns

Two members of the Green Lantern Corps may appear in Justice League thanks to Joss Whedon’s take, but not the members many would expect. Warner Bros. is gearing up for the full expansion of the DC Extended Universe when Justice League hits theaters this fall and introduces audiences to their entire lineup of superheroes. The DCEU has already firmly established Batman (Ben Affleck), Superman (Henry Cavill), and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), but the movie will also fully introduce the rest of the League: Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Flash (Ezra Miller), and Cyborg (Ray Fisher).

However, as most fans realize, there is one key component missing from the Justice League lineup, that being any presence of the Green Lanterns. WB has a film in development and rumors have persisted that Green Lantern would be in Justice League in some form, and now rumor has it that two members will be appearing.

The Wrap‘s Umberto Gonzalez stated in a recent Periscope session that the Green Lanterns will have a bigger role than previously believed. While previous rumors (from Umberto in fact) said a Green Lantern would be included, Gonzalez said that now “there will be two Green Lanterns” in the movie. He said this information came from sources who read Whedon’s script and could still be cut before the film hits theaters, so take this with a grain of salt.

Stating that two Green Lanterns will appear automatically brings Hal Jordan and John Stewart to mind, especially with them set to star in Green Lantern Corps. However, that does not appear to be the case as Umberto said he knows the name of one of the members, but not the other. He went on to debunk a few suggestions from the live-chat including Abin Sur, Tomar-Re, and Kilowog.

Since this scene has likely already filmed at this point, it would make more sense for these to be alien Green Lanterns instead of humans. There is no information on how big of a role they will have, so they may not even have lines. If they did, it would be easier to keep the identity of who voiced these characters a secret than if they had cast a major member of the Corps.

Even though the presence of the Green Lanterns will more than likely not mean Hal, John, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, etc. will appear, it does help set up their future appearances. Steppenwolf already said in the most recent Justice League trailer that there are “No Lanterns” on Earth, so that quick line and their possible introduction will tease the future of the cosmic franchise. Who knows, maybe the Green Lanterns will be part of the rumored two post-credits scenes.
  • nujerz84
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rumor of the Day:

EXCLUSIVE: We can confirm that Warner Bros/DC Films and Chris McKay has found their Nightwing in Finn Wittrock! We can additionally say the TEEN TITANS are expected to feature in supporting roles!

(Andrew Gifford)
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Matthew Vaughn in talks for Man of Steel 2.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Rumor of the Day:

EXCLUSIVE: We can confirm that Warner Bros/DC Films and Chris McKay has found their Nightwing in Finn Wittrock! We can additionally say the TEEN TITANS are expected to feature in supporting roles!

(Andrew Gifford)

dude is a good actor I knew one day he would be a comic book character in a movie
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Matthew Vaughn on his take for Superman;
    “Weirdly if I did do Superman—and I made the mistake of telling someone yesterday I have spoken about it and then wallop (laughs)—I think my main take would be, it’s really boring but make a Superman film. I just don’t feel a proper Superman—I think Donner did it to perfection for that time. Just doing the modern—I wanna do a modern version of the Donner [version]. Go back to the source material… For me Superman is color, feel-good, heroic. He’s a beacon of light in darkness. And that’s what I think Superman should be.”

• soul rattler
    Options
    If superman is a reflection of what people think of the US, then the current Henry Cavil version is spot on. The Reeves version is outdated. America is fat, warmongering, racist, in extreme debt, stupid, and hypocritical in every international relationship. Superman should reflect that in 2017.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Rumor of the Day:

(Andrew Gifford)

Word?

Sarah Paulson for Vicki Vale. Kathy Bates for Aunt Harriett.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Matthew Vaughn on his take for Superman;
    “Weirdly if I did do Superman—and I made the mistake of telling someone yesterday I have spoken about it and then wallop (laughs)—I think my main take would be, it’s really boring but make a Superman film. I just don’t feel a proper Superman—I think Donner did it to perfection for that time. Just doing the modern—I wanna do a modern version of the Donner [version]. Go back to the source material… For me Superman is color, feel-good, heroic. He’s a beacon of light in darkness. And that’s what I think Superman should be.”

Love it. I was thinking they need to get back to the tone Donner went with. Vaughns style would make for a good Supes flick.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

I thought they was gonna roast wonder woman on this like they did with all the other movies. they went the Deadpool routhe with this.
  • nujerz84
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wonder Woman Epilogue Etta’s Mission:

https://youtu.be/Y1i-3bc7MlA

They Pretty Much did a post/mid credit scene for the Home/Digital Release as it ties into Justice League
  • Agrv2385
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Speaking of villains, it seems like early rumors of Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor being either cut out of or possibly even never shot for Justice League are firming up, as Batman News confirms the current cut does not feature the character at all. “Spoke to 3 people who attended the #JJustice League test screening. They loved it! "Epic". One person didn't like BvS/SS but loved JL,” Batman News revealed. looks to me like pickin up Whedon for this was a great move. Cutting out all the wack unnecessary ? and making it more concise
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao, damn if that's true
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Well, lex is in prison.