2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being a max guy is the most important thing to IT right now, going under the knife on his contract year especially when you're a 5'9 guard that will be turning 29 just wasn't an option, he has a knack for proving people wrong but the odds are stacked against him I think it's something he's going to look back on and realize he should of got the surgery right away
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being a max guy is the most important thing to IT right now, going under the knife on his contract year especially when you're a 5'9 guard that will be turning 29 just wasn't an option, he has a knack for proving people wrong but the odds are stacked against him I think it's something he's going to look back on and realize he should of got the surgery right away

hope not but this seems about right.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm rooting for the lil half pint. Kid can't catch a break. Crazy ass roller coaster of a year for him.
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think he's getting caught up with playing along side LeBron. He wants to come in and make an immediate impact and hopefully sway LeBron to stay...but not having surgery ASAP is a mistake and could potentially keep him out for the season if he aggravates it again
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    aka40Cal wrote: »

I think he's getting caught up with playing along side LeBron. He wants to come in and make an immediate impact and hopefully sway LeBron to stay...but not having surgery ASAP is a mistake and could potentially keep him out for the season if he aggravates it again

If he gets drilled by a hard screen he's done b.. and I don't want that to mean the end of his career or worse (highly unlikely but possible) walking again
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time for this ? Wade to get the ? outta here...I'm tired of his attitude...fam talking bout " it s no secret I want to compete for a championship and right now I'm not in the position to do that"

Why waste time fam....force a trade or a buyout and go play dress up elsewhere
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    aka40Cal wrote: »

He was talking about the brinks truck and being a max guy way too much even before the injury, there was a time where being the starter was his main goal then being an all star, after all that it was being a "max guy", I don't think it has anything to do with Lebron at all I think he still thinks he can come back 100% the same player and get the money he deserves, where as if he got hip surgery any idea of getting a max would go right out the window even if he came back in time to show he can still go
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had the Adidas T-Mac 6 shoes in middle school. Looking back I don't think I'd ever wear a pair like that again.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Even if he never got hurt or traded his contract was going to be a sticky situation, he wasn't going to get that max from Ainge and I'm not sure he would of been willing to take a discount, on top of that I think his role was eventually going to have to change with him as a part time starter depending on matchups now that we have other guys that can get buckets, especially if it were to happen this year during his contract year I think he would be too hard headed and take it as disrespect instead of embracing it and understanding what's best for the team, nothing wrong with that Ginobili role
  • Beta
    Options

I like Kevin's Twitter..he's actively talking to fans despite the snake emojis

Then he'll eventually say you dont know ? about bball
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    before nba stars had their twitters scrubbed of all personality

and before they became brand conscious

it was a wild time

i know kd still has those same quality tweets in him but roc nation is holding him back
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao i cant
    [img]https://scontent-lax3-2.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21462668_10210087884302659_3274332944398509363_n.jpg?oh=c7bda3deb1380edcd19d1d73c440142f&oe=5A51761C[/img]
  • Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Let's do an all time fantasy draft!
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Squashed the beef

Flabby and sick.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Tell Tmac take that ? off

6u5iu79lmj6a.jpg

Shoutout to former Detroit Mayor and Detroit Pistons HOF Dave Bing in the background
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read jabari & embiid want max contracts,oct 16th the deadline for the '14 draft class to agree to extensions.

Skeptical on embiids health, greg oden played more games in one season than embiid has in 3.

Parker tore his acl twice in the same knee.I'd let both hit rfa sixers have no choice but to sign embiid but that could be a sunken cost if he stays injured.Imo thon maker is a wild card for the bucks he may make parker expendable.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read jabari & embiid want max contracts,oct 16th the deadline for the '14 draft class to agree to extensions.

Skeptical on embiids health, greg oden played more games in one season than embiid has in 3.

Parker tore his acl twice in the same knee.I'd let both hit rfa sixers have no choice but to sign embiid but that could be a sunken cost if he stays injured.Imo thon maker is a wild card for the bucks he may make parker expendable.

Pretty much, both gambles, but Embiid has the higher ceiling.

Quick question @Tommy bilfiger Would u sign Embiid to a 5 year max if u were only promised 50 games every year of the contract? Time of injury will be random every season.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

Pretty much, both gambles, but Embiid has the higher ceiling.

Quick question @Tommy bilfiger Would u sign Embiid to a 5 year max if u were only promised 50 games every year of the contract? Time of injury will be random every season.

No.1/4th of your cap invested in a player who can't stay on the court or will be limited/diminished will handicap a team like rose did wit the bulls.

but the sixers pretty much have to pay for potential and keep their fingers crossed.Simmons and fultz will be on rookie contracts while embiid is on a max so they'll have flexibility