The FLAT TIRE files...

Options
yellowtapesport
yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know I got a few wild ass flat tire stories...

But this the IC, where simple stories become AMAZING lol

I'll start with this one..

Driving from TX to DC...its like 2am I'm in the middle of Tennessee tryna make it to Knoxville when all of a sudden BAM... tire blew out. On the side of the road with straight darkness for bout 2 hours waitin on tow truck, this ? show up and I aint got the lock key for my rims smh so he towed me to this hole in the wall ass motel with a mexican restaraunt, a gun store and a tire shop next to it, but the ? was closed..got a room at the motel, ? was ? disgustin end up sleepin in my car. Next morning tire shop break the lock on rims, but rim is bent, so I ride the donut (full size tho, lol) bout 60 miles to Nashville to some hood tire spot across the street from some BIG ASS PROJECTS ? staightened my rim with a sledge hammer and sold me a tire...

Get outta there, and made it to Bristol Tenn/Va tire flat again...

Get another hotel, tow truck came in the morning put on the donut drove from Bristol to DC what shoulda been 6hrs took like 10!! smmfh

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My story a bit lame but scary af for me cuz I hate the bush at night. And not a flat but stuck af.* I'm with a friend going down a dirt road in a truck. The passenger front side tire hit a sink spot and dropped. It's like midnight, dark af, I'm tripping ? . He says ain't no way he getting the truck out, cuz it's a ford ? , and we're going to have to walk to my mom house, in the bush, 45 minutes away. I was like ? that I'm sitting right here, he says ok be back in the morning to get you. Well ? , we start walking and I hear something rustling in the bushes and I can't see cuz he's got the flash light flipping it all over so I start running. He yells out, DON'T RUN IT'LL CHASE YOU! I stop dead in my tracks trying to not ? my pants. Worst night ever, I hate the bush at night.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1991, I had a Nissan 200SX (Nissan S12 for you JDM nuts). The car was my uncle's and the family gave it to me when he passed (RIP). I drove the car from Dallas back to Detroit and proceeded to floss the whip all over the place. One night in April I left Space Station arcade up on 13 mile and Woodward and was gonna swing by this broad's crib before heading to the crib. I get to about 12 mile and the rear of my car started swinging out a but. I angled my side mirrors to look at the rear tires and sure enough my rear driver's side tire was blown. I pull into a gas station and proceed to change my tire. Except... I couldn't get the last lug off. Nothing I tried could get that thing to budge. I stood on the tire iron and even jumped on it and the ? still wouldn't budge. As it so happened a police car pulled into the gas station and two cops got out to go get snacks or something. I flagged 'em down and asked if they could give me a hand with it and they tried to break the lug and even with these two burly ass cops couldn't break it. A second cruiser pulled into the station and the cops that got out laughed at the two struggling with my tire and told 'em to get out of the way so they could do it... but even they couldn't get the ? off. Ultimately it took all four cops to get that lug off. I thanked 'em and a few minutes later I had the donut on there and was on my way. I thought about offering to buy their coffee or whatever but they just walked into the store talking ? to each other after the lug was off.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I got a few wild ass flat tire stories...

But this the IC, where simple stories become AMAZING lol

I'll start with this one..

Driving from TX to DC...its like 2am I'm in the middle of Tennessee tryna make it to Knoxville when all of a sudden BAM... tire blew out. On the side of the road with straight darkness for bout 2 hours waitin on tow truck, this ? show up and I aint got the lock key for my rims smh so he towed me to this hole in the wall ass motel with a mexican restaraunt, a gun store and a tire shop next to it, but the ? was closed..got a room at the motel, ? was ? disgustin end up sleepin in my car. Next morning tire shop break the lock on rims, but rim is bent, so I ride the donut (full size tho, lol) bout 60 miles to Nashville to some hood tire spot across the street from some BIG ASS PROJECTS ? staightened my rim with a sledge hammer and sold me a tire...

Get outta there, and made it to Bristol Tenn/Va tire flat again...

Get another hotel, tow truck came in the morning put on the donut drove from Bristol to DC what shoulda been 6hrs took like 10!! smmfh

Explain why you wasnt changing your own tires and waiting for a tow truck
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Musta gotten more than 10 flats when i lived in NJ. Trashest roads. Never took me more than 20 minutes to change my tires and get out of dodge.

3 years in NC and havent got a flat yet. Knock on wood.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I just change that ? and I'm gone
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knew I had a bad sensor so I ignored the tire pressure light as usual. Got about 8 miles out and as I was going UP towards the 635 on-ramp I smelled rubber. Looked and the rear tire was going flat. I had the G coupe Negative camber & Slightly stretched Low pro so I could barley feel it.
    I was on the on ramp by then so I had to crawl about half a mile to get to a shoulder.
    Sliced thru the tire.
    Get there and I had custom lugs for the negative offset wheels so my tire iron was the wrong size.
    So I called Roadside, 2 hour estimate.
    Luckily called one my swoops came to sit with me and her Honda tire iron fit.
    4_BD92771_2_B70_4017_98_E5_65_CD62654807.jpg
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Musta gotten more than 10 flats when i lived in NJ. Trashest roads. Never took me more than 20 minutes to change my tires and get out of dodge.

3 years in NC and havent got a flat yet. Knock on wood.

you a girl
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Was with my ex once when we got one. He tried to change it, was having technical difficulties and started mumbling ? to himself about not having the right equipment. I saw right through that ? . ? couldn't change a tire. We ended up calling triple A. Very quiet ride home cause he was embarrassed. I was embarrassed to be with him.

but did you still give him the ass
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Was with my ex once when we got one. He tried to change it, was having technical difficulties and started mumbling ? to himself about not having the right equipment. I saw right through that ? . ? couldn't change a tire. We ended up calling triple A. Very quiet ride home cause he was embarrassed. I was embarrassed to be with him.

Maybe he ain't know what he was doing but if you/he had one of these tire jacks they are the absolute worse.

46212_400x400.jpg
    I can work with them but hate doing so because it takes forever.

As opposed to these which are great.
    Change-a-tire-font-b-jack-b-font-2-t-horizontal-font-b-hydraulic-b-font.jpg

Sad tho. A lot of guys didn't have someone (dad, uncles) to teach them a lot of basic useful stuff.

hydraulic an rusted lugz I can go under 10
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My antivirus don't like this page for some reason..
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe he ain't know what he was doing but if you/he had one of these tire jacks they are the absolute worse.

46212_400x400.jpg

Sad tho. A lot of guys didn't have someone (dad, uncles) to teach them a lot of basic useful stuff.

That ain't enough tho.

2013-10-14_10.33.27.jpg

This is typical of what I keep in MY rides. This was the back of my commuter ride from back in 2013 ('94 Toyota Previa). That toolbox has enough ? in it that I can perform quite a few major repairs on the side of the road and I've kept it in my cars since 2000. I've changed brakes, power steering and water pumps, and motor mounts on the side of the road in the past.

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

46212_400x400.jpg

? outta here. If that was my daddy, we would be still be out there til this day before this ? ask somebody else to change a flat in front of of momma.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't know catching a flat was thread worthy but ok.

Caught a flat *insert uninteresting story about it...flash forward to the end* tired was fixed after blank amount of hours/minutes and now on I *insert whatever measure to ensure I won't experience the same situation again*

• banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cinco wrote: »
    Knew I had a bad sensor so I ignored the tire pressure light as usual. Got about 8 miles out and as I was going UP towards the 635 on-ramp I smelled rubber. Looked and the rear tire was going flat. I had the G coupe Negative camber & Slightly stretched Low pro so I could barley feel it.
    I was on the on ramp by then so I had to crawl about half a mile to get to a shoulder.
    Sliced thru the tire.
    Get there and I had custom lugs for the negative offset wheels so my tire iron was the wrong size.
    So I called Roadside, 2 hour estimate.
    Luckily called one my swoops came to sit with me and her Honda tire iron fit.
    4_BD92771_2_B70_4017_98_E5_65_CD62654807.jpg

You should have changed that about a year ago
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

46212_400x400.jpg

That ain't enough tho.

2013-10-14_10.33.27.jpg

This is typical of what I keep in MY rides. This was the back of my commuter ride from back in 2013 ('94 Toyota Previa). That toolbox has enough ? in it that I can perform quite a few major repairs on the side of the road and I've kept it in my cars since 2000. I've changed brakes, power steering and water pumps, and motor mounts on the side of the road in the past.

Yeah I see that 4-way lug wrench.

it's always funny to see an amatuer struggle to turn the lug off and you just come and step on the crossbar like it's magic.

• Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

46212_400x400.jpg

That top jack aint a prob, just takes a lil elbow grease

I actually prefer that one
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    When you got big ass rims (1999-2007) and good insurance (and some fly ? on)...

Changin a tire ain't a option...

But y'all black oily hand mechanic ? can carry on
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    For the record...I can change a tire on a HONDA CIVIC in under 15 mins too