The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    broner been a fukk ? .

he going to jail.

how you not square up an you the professional?

must really feel like a man now. he just needed a win at any costs. been told y'all he was a prime fukk ?
  • uncle gunnysack
    uncle gunnysack Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    I am going with Canelo. But if Canelo wins , does the Floyd loss 1. Be the thing that took Canelo to another level because he learned from that fight ? 2. Does that win vs Canelo actually boost Floyd resume ? And eliminate the GGG would KO mayweather crowd.
    Imo no because most ppl knew that canelo was too young at the time to ? wit floyd, we didnt expect him to get schooled the way he did but most ppl had floyd winning that fight based on experience,canelo is way better now than he was then

People still running with ? excuses I see.

How was Canelo to young and lacking experience when he had 43 fights already going into the fight with Floyd. Floyd himself had 44 fights.

Name me any fighter in the world history of boxing who was still considered too young and lacking experience after 43 fights?

Canelo lost because as most people already knew Floyd was just better had absolutely nothing to do with being too young or not enough experience.

? most of those fights were against nobodys, tell me who he fought that was anywhere near floyds level at the time?? Experience period? Of course, versues elite fighters?? No

By that ? logic we shouldn't give Rocky Marciano or JCC any credit for their "records" because they fought a bunch of Wal mart shopping cart attendants to pad their records

Lol@ Walmart shopping cart attendants
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    broner been a fukk ? .

he going to jail.

how you not square up an you the professional?

must really feel like a man now. he just needed a win at any costs. been told y'all he was a prime fukk ?

Why you want ? locked up
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/loeffler-expects-comeback-i-think-chocolatito-done--120357
    Loeffler Expects Comeback: I Don't Think Chocolatito is Done

Tom Loeffler, who co-promotes Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez with Teiken Promotions, believes the one time pound-for-pound top fighter is still capable of regrouping after Saturday's stunning defeat.

At the StubHub Center in Carson, Gonzalez was knocked out cold in the fourth round of his rematch with Srisaket Sor Rungvisai of Thailand.

The defeat comes six months after Chocolatito lost controversial majority decision to Sor Rungvisia on March 18 in New York. That contest was ? , with Gonzalez going down in the third round and suffering two bad cuts from head clashes.

Sor Rungvisai controlled the rematch from the start, rattling Gonzalez with punches to the head and body.

In the fourth round, Gonzalez was dropped hard and never full recovered. He tried to fight Sor Rungvisai off, but got clipped once again - right on the chin - and this time he went down for good.

In the rematch, however, Gonzalez never looked comfortable and did not show much.

Following the fight, 30 year old Gonzalez (46-2, 38 KOs) was taken to a local hospital for observation and released with a clean bill of health.

Gonzalez looked like a done fighter in the bout, but Loeffler does not believe that's the case.

"I don't think he's done. When you fight a guy like Srisaket, he took the opp of winning the lottery. He beat the number one pound-for-pound fighter and beat him in New York, and then he beat him more convincingly the second time. Now he has to be considered one of the best in the world. You saw Roman really packed the house, and Srisaket came into a hostile environment and proved he is a true champion. He has tremendous punching power," Loeffler said.

Sor Rungvisai (43-4-1, 39 KOs), also 30, moves on to bigger things - like a mandatory defense against Juan Francisco Estrada, who won a WBC final super flyweight eliminator earlier that night.

Well it looks like K2 is going try and milk Chocolatito Holmes one more time...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/loeffler-expects-comeback-i-think-chocolatito-done--120357
    Loeffler Expects Comeback: I Don't Think Chocolatito is Done

Tom Loeffler, who co-promotes Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez with Teiken Promotions, believes the one time pound-for-pound top fighter is still capable of regrouping after Saturday's stunning defeat.

At the StubHub Center in Carson, Gonzalez was knocked out cold in the fourth round of his rematch with Srisaket Sor Rungvisai of Thailand.

The defeat comes six months after Chocolatito lost controversial majority decision to Sor Rungvisia on March 18 in New York. That contest was ? , with Gonzalez going down in the third round and suffering two bad cuts from head clashes.

Sor Rungvisai controlled the rematch from the start, rattling Gonzalez with punches to the head and body.

In the fourth round, Gonzalez was dropped hard and never full recovered. He tried to fight Sor Rungvisai off, but got clipped once again - right on the chin - and this time he went down for good.

In the rematch, however, Gonzalez never looked comfortable and did not show much.

Following the fight, 30 year old Gonzalez (46-2, 38 KOs) was taken to a local hospital for observation and released with a clean bill of health.

Gonzalez looked like a done fighter in the bout, but Loeffler does not believe that's the case.

"I don't think he's done. When you fight a guy like Srisaket, he took the opp of winning the lottery. He beat the number one pound-for-pound fighter and beat him in New York, and then he beat him more convincingly the second time. Now he has to be considered one of the best in the world. You saw Roman really packed the house, and Srisaket came into a hostile environment and proved he is a true champion. He has tremendous punching power," Loeffler said.

Sor Rungvisai (43-4-1, 39 KOs), also 30, moves on to bigger things - like a mandatory defense against Juan Francisco Estrada, who won a WBC final super flyweight eliminator earlier that night.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chocolatito-im-ready-retire-made-decision--120359
    Chocolatito: 'I'm Ready to Retire,' But Hasn't Made Decision

By Keith Idec

Maybe it’s the devastation talking.

Or maybe Roman “Chocolatito” Gonzalez realizes he has nothing left to give this unforgiving sport. Regardless, Gonzalez told La Prensa, a Nicaraguan newspaper, that he is “ready to retire” in a story posted to its website Sunday.

The 30-year-old Gonzalez’s plummet from the top of boxing’s pound-for-pound list continued Saturday night, when Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (44-4-1, 40 KOs) knocked out the former four-division champion in the fourth round of their rematch in Carson, California. Gonzalez looked lethargic and was losing the fight when the powerful southpaw from Thailand dropped him twice in the fourth round.

The second knockdown left Gonzalez flat on his back and unable to continue.

“We are close to retiring,” Gonzalez told La Prensa. “I already did what I had to do. I won four world titles and I did not spend much time with my family, my children. They are very small and they need me.”

Gonzalez acknowledged that his mind isn’t made up, but he is leaning toward ending a 10-year pro career that has included 48 fights (46-2, 38 KOs). He was unbeaten before Sor Rungvisai scored a debatable majority decision victory over him in their 12-round fight March 18 at Madison Square Garden.

Less than six months later, the former WBC super flyweight champion is talking retirement.

“In the end, ? decides, not me,” Gonzalez said. “But I’m ready to retire from boxing. I’m going to sit with my children. They will make the decision. If one day something bad happens to me, they are the ones left alone.”

Fortunately, Gonzalez said he passed all medical examinations at a Los Angeles-area hospital following his devastating defeat.

If he decides to return to the ring, he won’t consider a move back down to 112 pounds. Gonzalez, who has fought as low as minimumweight (105 pounds), hasn’t been as effective or powerful in three fights since he moved up from 112 pounds to 115 pounds last year.

He cannot make 112 pounds anymore, though, thus that weigh isn’t an option moving forward.

“I did not want to fail,” Gonzalez said. “That’s the way boxing is. … I feel like I was bad for my people [of] Nicaragua, the people who came to see me fight.”
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alright, alright, alright. Fight week is here!!
  • Dupac
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Dupac wrote: »
    Making weight always been strategic.
    ? gotta stop acting like this new

Du what happens to most them cats when they can't shrink down no more?

they get stretched out when they move up
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

krdc0t18pxy8.gif
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haha never gets old
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

krdc0t18pxy8.gif

Saw this ? doing a interview before the Floyd fight. ? in a wheelchair still talking about that's the way the cookie crumble. Smfh
  • Dupac
    Options

krdc0t18pxy8.gif

yo, we can still square up whenever...

i'm over east right now too
  • R.D.
    Options

krdc0t18pxy8.gif

Iverson mall?
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

krdc0t18pxy8.gif

Iverson mall?

23rd parkway flow lol
  • Dupac
    edited September 2017
    Options

krdc0t18pxy8.gif

Iverson mall?

baltimore ? ,

i ain't driving to pg county to beat a ? up
  • R.D.
    Options

krdc0t18pxy8.gif

Iverson mall?

baltimore ? ,

i ain't driving to pg county to beat a ? up

I ain't driving to Baltimore to shoot a ?
  • stringer bell
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When C the ? brought up the lingerie, if I was Oscar, I woulda been like, "bruh, that was 10 yrs ago..I was gettin ? and off that yola..but I gettin ? though so...

giphy.gif[img][/img]

This post is all types of wrong.

If you don't know the details or forgot them I suggest you go read up on them again and comeback and edit this post.

Dont feel like, enlighten me..

? I ain't about to run down that ? 's ? story.

Either look it up yourself or don't but the fact remains if you knew the details it ain't on some it can be blamed on coke and ? so brush it off.

Damn, ima take a seat bruh..look that ? up myself..
    be17a495ba4c5030877caebdfa703e45.gif[img][/img]

LLS!!!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey gecko face @ethos $25 bet and the 25 ko kicker ... GGG mudda sucka you in?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The closer the fight gets in starting to lean towards GGG.

I just rewatched his fight against Jacobs and dude is a beast. Canelo gonna fade late and get caught
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the fight gonna be on PPV? I work 2pm-10:30pm Saturday, and hope I'll be able to stream it.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GGG vs Canelo shouldn't cost me $80.

? ain't no money for real.

Floyd ? the game up. That $100 ppv for the Manny fight made folks feel like they can slide in just a shade under that $100 and people gonna pay it cause it ain't $100.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Is the fight gonna be on PPV? I work 2pm-10:30pm Saturday, and hope I'll be able to stream it.

Is ggg vs canelo gone be on ppv?

JNDA_f-maxage-0.gif

Naw ? . It gone be on for free on CBS

I thought ESPN would have it.

c2t1d5r14qes.gif