• Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    False
    Beta wrote: »
    By the mass audience of the reason it's 41-3 lol

Soooo

Nah... Y'all hip hop heads.... the mass audience are YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, are the public viewing ... not a blog site homie like the IC.... the mass audience loves the music not the culture
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    False
    Ic the wrong place to go for if you thought you gonna see Wayne fans
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    False
    @infamous114 .... How I am trolling when I create the thread? ...the hate is real ...lmao

hpordi70ln5u.gif
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    False
    I say for the impact alone yes it's a classic. I personally only skip 2 songs. phone home and get money .

Dr. Carter
    3peat
    Let the best build
    Shoot me down
    Tie my hands
    A milli
    Mr carter

Best songs .

It's not an amazing album but I think it captures the time period correctly and it was a great album even after over 80 songs of his leaked.

I put this right below carter 2 for his best album though.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True
    I say for the impact alone yes it's a classic. I personally only skip 2 songs. phone home and get money .

Dr. Carter
    3peat
    Let the best build
    Shoot me down
    Tie my hands
    A milli
    Mr carter

Best songs .

It's not an amazing album but I think it captures the time period correctly and it was a great album even after over 80 songs of his leaked.

The first sentence you said is what akademiks and then what I said. Yeah impact, hype, and sales make the idea of the album a classic but the songs that actually make up the album dont make a classic
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    False
    Damn shame the bootleg version had like 28 tracks of fire. This ? hit and all i could do is SMH. Such a disappointment from Carter and Carter 2 along with the fire mixtapes before it.

the carter 3 had a bootleg version??is there a site out there with this??

SMH. You gotta track down the bootleg man in SD back in those days. Also Limewire had all 28 tracks too

Im not too much of an Lil Wayne fan i just didnt know he had an leaked album of the carter
  • thagreat45
    thagreat45 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭
    Options
    True

Matike85 wrote: »
    I wish the IC Data can go back to 2008 and pull y'all comments on Wayne back then about Carter 3
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

What does that have to do with after time passing in 2017 ? thinking the impact doesn't last to be called a classic? Part of what makes a classic is still having replay value and quality years after it came out. C3 was on fire for like a year. After that no ? played that ? often. Where as i still play illmatic and low end theory front to back often.

Opinions are ? everybody have one... that why I post YouTube comments to the thread....Everybody have the right to their own opinion but Mass Audience determine what a Classic or not ... not your or My personal opinion. It's like me saying Adele 25 album is not classic because I do not listen to her music.... but to the mass audience Adele 25 is a classic ....and to the mass audience the Carter 3 is Lil Wayne's classic...The mass audience determines the term classic for an album at end of day

Hammer and Ice got classics?

Can't Touch This and Ice Ice Baby dope as ? so is Ninja Rap, I know they catch flack for being either fake or some wack poppy ? rappers but those slap ? yall
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True
    I wish the IC Data can go back to 2008 and pull y'all comments on Wayne back then about Carter 3
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

What does that have to do with after time passing in 2017 ? thinking the impact doesn't last to be called a classic? Part of what makes a classic is still having replay value and quality years after it came out. C3 was on fire for like a year. After that no ? played that ? often. Where as i still play illmatic and low end theory front to back often.

Opinions are ? everybody have one... that why I post YouTube comments to the thread....Everybody have the right to their own opinion but Mass Audience determine what a Classic or not ... not your or My personal opinion. It's like me saying Adele 25 album is not classic because I do not listen to her music.... but to the mass audience Adele 25 is a classic ....and to the mass audience the Carter 3 is Lil Wayne's classic...The mass audience determines the term classic for an album at end of day

The people who decide to comment (Stans of wayne) and the mass audience are 2 totally different things. The people who passionately love lil wayne replied on comments to stan. Whereas the majority of people who don't ? with wayne don't even both to comment on a complex news page.

? including wayne stans aren't playing C3 nearly a decade later at high volumes. It sold well due to hype but it is not a classic.

But in 25 years when they honor Lil Wayne because if he dies ... ? Forbid ... or touring like them old school artists now .. when the mass audience remember Lil Wayne.... they will remember the Carter 3 album the most because it's his Crossover album... and the mass audience that his Classic

Right now wayne is being blackballed from getting paid. How many of these die hard fans are protesting or taking a stand against birdman? Wayne in 2017 is being resorted to club shows at very small clubs. If his impact was so big the venues would be slightly bigger to the biggest non live nation venues in the country.

Saying C3 is a classic is the cool thing to say for most 19 or 20 year olds. But their actions in 2017 prove how little they truly care about wayne or the music of C3. Again i haven't heard a whip bump a C3 song in years.
  • thagreat45
    thagreat45 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭
    Options
    True
    But on topic, no Carter 3 aint no classic. All that heat he had for that album and that's what he put out? Take out that ? ass Phone Home, irritating hook to Mrs. Officer and the beat, that ? ass La La (? was David Banner thinking) and sub in the original La La La, Something You Forgot, World of Fantasy, I Feel Like Dying, Trouble, Pray to the Lord, and One Night Only, then swap 3Peat for I'm Me and there's your classic.

All I ? wit is A milli to this day off that album that's it. Oh and Lollipop on occasion lol
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn shame the bootleg version had like 28 tracks of fire. This ? hit and all i could do is SMH. Such a disappointment from Carter and Carter 2 along with the fire mixtapes before it.

The Empire! If you don't hear their drops, then this is NOT an exclusive!

You seriously never heard of any of the Drought Is Over mixtapes they did?
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ... I don't even think it's a good album
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True
    I'm a Wayne fan &

Phone Home
    Lollipop
    La La
    Mrs. Officer
    Dr. Carter
    ? monster

All get skipped
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    I'm a Wayne fan &

? monster

All get skipped

not on the original pressings tho

I dunno if I've even heard that song and I used to play C3 when it first came out
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True
    What impact did C3 have?
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I heard a ? load of songs that did not make the final version of the album that were amazing. "Feel like dying" is an example. There was a different intro that was much better than what ended up on the album. "Something you forgot" leaked also, not sure if it was someone else's beat. But shoulda been on the album. I still listen to "shoot me down" and "misunderstood" but that's about it. Cool album at the time, but not a very good album overall
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Dr. Carter
    3peat
    Let the best build
    Shoot me down
    Tie my hands
    A milli
    Mr carter

Best songs .

The first sentence you said is what akademiks and then what I said. Yeah impact, hype, and sales make the idea of the album a classic but the songs that actually make up the album dont make a classic

I think ? is ? up the definition of a classic album. The music makes a classic. impact and sales are the frosting on the cake
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    True
    Sion wrote: »
    Carter 3 is a classic fight me

Come on down to Cali and catch these hands then lol
    tumblr_inline_ni7aaoKMGT1qhoul3.png
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

Yup... and that's my point.
    443ehi2ynsjn.gif

Name Vanilla ices classic

The Mass Audience love this song even brought the album in 1990.... but real hip hop dude hated this dude... Carter 3 is the Crossover Album just like Vanilla Ice To the Extreme Album in 90...Crossover to the mass audience always equal Classic to the majority of the public

5agyr1zn2alr.gif

sb3auj2cgmr9.gif
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    True
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

Yup... and that's my point.
    443ehi2ynsjn.gif

Name Vanilla ices classic

The Mass Audience love this song even brought the album in 1990.... but real hip hop dude hated this dude... Carter 3 is the Crossover Album just like Vanilla Ice To the Extreme Album in 90...Crossover to the mass audience always equal Classic to the majority of the public

5agyr1zn2alr.gif

sb3auj2cgmr9.gif

He thinks Recovery is a classic and "Some Cut" by Trillville is one of the best crunk songs ever lol.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True
    carter 1 >>>>>>>>>carter 3
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True
    DaBull wrote: »
    carter 1 >>>>>>>>>carter 3

I am not a human being might actually be better lol
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What impact did C3 have?

I actually read this thread lookin for this answer. End of the day, ? either don't what a classic is, don't know what "the masses" are, or they trollin.

/thread.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True
    i remember reading an article about C3 when the producer of Mr. Carter had to tell Wayne that it wasnt a sample he used b/c wayne didnt believe him or some goofy ?

wayne was high af