Texas Man Kills 8 People Because His Wife Left Him

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
Mass shooting victims ID'd as mom of gunman's slain ex-wife speaks out

Police identified the victims as 27-year-old Meredith Emily Hight; 33-year-old Anthony Michael Cross; 24-year-old Olivia Nicole Deffner; 29-year-old James Richard Dunlop; 22-year-old Darryl William Hawkins; 31-year-old Rion Christopher Morgan; 28-year-old Myah Sade Bass; and 25-year-old Caleb Seth Edwards.

PLANO, Texas -- Plano police have identified 32-year-old Spencer James Hight as the gunman who killed eight people at a Plano home Sunday night.

Hight was killed by an officer who responded to the scene, heard gunfire, was confronted by the armed man and shot him.

Police say Hight's 27-year-old ex-wife, Meredith Emily Hight, is among the victims.

The couple's sixth wedding anniversary would have been on Monday, September 11, CBSDFW reported.

Others have been identified as 33-year-old Anthony Michael Cross; 24-year-old Olivia Nicole Deffner; 29-year-old James Richard Dunlop; 22-year-old Darryl William Hawkins; 31-year-old Rion Christopher Morgan; 28-year-old Myah Sade Bass; and 25-year-old Caleb Seth Edwards. Police say their hometowns haven't yet been confirmed.

Meredith Hight's mother has said her daughter owned the home, had recently divorced Hight after six years of marriage and was hosting a party to watch football games.

The shootings remain under investigation.

CBSDFW spoke with Meredith's mother, Debbie Lane, as she drove from her home in Atlanta to Plano.

Lane said her daughter wanted a divorce because Spencer was an alcoholic and was physically abusive. In the divorce papers, Meredith had citied "discord or conflict of personalities" as one of the reasons for the broken marriage.

‪Lane said her daughter did not take the decision to file for divorce lightly. "After two years of trying to get him in treatment, trying to get him to stop, trying to help him… she said, enough is enough. She made every effort she could… and could leave that relationship with no regrets."

Lane said she talked to her daughter the day before the shooting and that she was busy planning and preparing for the football watch party.

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say Meredith Lane
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you 27 and married for 6 years?

How you 21 and marriage is even on your mind?

You dont make good decisions at 21. At 21 she made the decision to marry dude but at 27 she realized she shoulda never married them.

There should legit be laws against marrying at such a young age.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real life rage quit smh

in reality we're all capable of this tho, it doesnt take much....there are just mental "restraints" in place

i mean, you've thought about killing people right?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

You dont make good decisions at 21. At 21 she made the decision to marry dude but at 27 she realized she shoulda never married them.

Oh stop it..Plenty of these stories involve grown ass men. Crazy doesn't have an age limit.
  • Kat
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    real life rage quit smh

in reality we're all capable of this tho, it doesnt take much....there are just mental "restraints" in place

Mmm..no can't say that I have. You need to get something off your chest boo?
  • AZTG
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

Oh stop it..Plenty of these stories involve grown ass men. Crazy doesn't have an age limit.

Youre missing the point. Dude is crazy. She didnt have to die based on a decision she made at 21.

You cant stop ? from happening, but you can reduce the chances of it happening.
  • Kat
    Options
    Wtf? So because you marry young you run the risk of being offed in a mass murder?

I agree that marrying young is generally a bad idea but I think y'all are the ones straying from the point.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But but but men aren't emotional

Who said that?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    But but but men aren't emotional

Who said that?

The "women are emotional/men are logical" crowd
  • Copper
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real life rage quit smh

When you say "we", you must be talkin bout to the other males on here. Cause we ain't capable of ? . That's why you'd be hard pressed to find a female mass shooter pull some nonsense like this. Y'all gotta own that one.

Hmm now that you think about it...yeah usually it's men who lash out like this. Men just have destructive emotions
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real life rage quit smh

real life rage quit smh

When you say "we", you must be talkin bout to the other males on here. Cause we ain't capable of ? . That's why you'd be hard pressed to find a female mass shooter pull some nonsense like this. Y'all gotta own that one.

lmfao im just saying anybody can click....ya'll aint selective enough for a mass shooting but ya'll will light the house on fire w/ everybody inside or stab the right mf a hunnid times...

everybody's got a point

@Kat im not having your lies today......one day.....one time.....that lady that cut you off on the highway, the dude that called you a ? in the parking lot for ignoring him when you just needed some damn milk, that day he left the toilet seat up and you fell in....i dont care if it was real quick you thought about murkin a mf before

you might not have followed nobody for a couple miles visualizing pulling beside them and blowing every window out their ? , but yeah....
  • AZTG
    Options
    Wtf? So because you marry young you run the risk of being offed in a mass murder?

I agree that marrying young is generally a bad idea but I think y'all are the ones straying from the point.

No one said marrying young ends in murder. But the chances of negative impact on your life is higher if you marry young. Divorce, child support, single parent homes and a million other negatives associated with them are much higher the younger you marry.

Idk how this is even a discussion.

Marrying at a young age like 21 runs a much higher risk of ? ending bad. ? ending bad could be divorce or something as ? up as marriage.

Before you create false equivalances again, no one said marrying at a older age would mean problems will end, no one said only people who marry young get murdered, and no one said marrying older would solve world hunger either.

Just, if you marry at an older age, chances of being in a ? up situation are greatly reduced and society should really discourage anyone from marrying young.
  • Kat
    Options
    real life rage quit smh

real life rage quit smh

lmfao im just saying anybody can click....ya'll aint selective enough for a mass shooting but ya'll will light the house on fire w/ everybody inside or stab the right mf a hunnid times...

everybody's got a point

@Kat im not having your lies today......one day.....one time.....that lady that cut you off on the highway, the dude that called you a ? in the parking lot for ignoring him when you just needed some damn milk, that day he left the toilet seat up and you fell in....i dont care if it was real quick you thought about murkin a mf before

you might not have followed nobody for a couple miles visualizing pulling beside them and blowing every window out their ? , but yeah....

Lol..nah, I will be quick to curse you out though. I honestly can't think of a time that I've wanted to end someone's life.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    article-plano13n-0913.JPG
    The victims (top left, going clockwise): Meredith Hight, 27, Anthony Michael Cross, 33, Olivia Nicole Diffner, 24, James Richard Dunlop, 29, Darryl William Hawkins, 22, Rion Christopher Morgan, 31, Myah Sade Bass, 28, Caleb Seth Richards, 25.

Bet one of those brothers was blowing her back out and white boy couldn't take it.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

You read the story and this is what you think?
  • Copper
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Name names...

I'm supposed to remember every ? that's ever said that? You and I both been on this site long enough to have seen ? like that typed. If it don't apply to you, leave it alone.

Im not asking you to remember all names...

But if you gonna call people out, call them the ? out...dont half step with the ?