Is it me..but it seems like anybody can make it in todays hiphop in this era!

Options
270crownst
270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've read somewhere that the catch me outside girl song is already on the billboard charts and it's cont to climb up the ? ..and surpassed artist like Joey badass,action bronson and etc..i don't get it..hiphop this has to be the only genre where it seems anybody can make it and take this ? as a joke..especially when u have wack artist like cardi B #2 overall on the charts..what ya ? think?

Comments

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i feel the sameway . even that girl that was on dr.phil got a song on billboards charts .
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is all this ? hip hop though? I feel like a lot of that ? is a different genre
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All you need is a hot beat ,you don't even need to rap on beat or have a decent flow.
  • 270crownst
    Options
    That's the reason why everybody and their moma wants to be a rapper...? is disgusting all these reality shows..they all saying the same ? ..im about to go to the studio.for ? what?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What makes money is not the music it´s whta comes with it.Like clothing line,interviews,comercials,magazine layouts etc.She just did the hjustle backwards.They just in for the money and the some for the fame.Back in the days there was couple guards by the gate and rap fans were loyal because they got the clean filtered orthodox hip hop.Now with the internet there´s no guards by the gate and no filters.So the trash is overlwhelming and the cosumer is lazy so they also turn unloyal and trash too.
  • 270crownst
    Options
    So how can we fix it
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Its actually been this way since the Internet took over..

soulja boy been out for like ten years already..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    i feel the sameway . even that girl that was on dr.phil got a song on billboards charts .

lmao y'all are both talking about the same damn person
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The media is pushing this ? and the reason why she's famous. I've seen this everywhere but I refuse to listen to the song.

If they didn't give her all this attention she wouldn't be as big as she is. Genius, Hotnewhiphop, Complex, Uproxx etc all media outlets owned by whites but it's pushed because it's ? they think we like.

It's hilarious she's famous for the very thing some black women are demeaned and ostracized for.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    RickyRich wrote: »

lmao y'all are both talking about the same damn person

beat me too it lmaoo

he did the J.B. Smoove in pootie tang

maxresdefault.jpg

u know it's hot out
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The wack azz ? u listen to is no better
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does this mean KB the kidnappa will make it?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does this mean KB the kidnappa will make it?

cash me ousside girl >>> KB

when it comes to bars
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    270crownst wrote: »
    I've read somewhere that the catch me outside girl song is already on the billboard charts and it's cont to climb up the ? ..and surpassed artist like Joey badass,action bronson and etc..i don't get it..hiphop this has to be the only genre where it seems anybody can make it and take this ? as a joke..especially when u have wack artist like cardi B #2 overall on the charts..what ya ? think?

have_a_seat.gif

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    theres a ton of dope underground rappers

sometimes it's who you know

and what are you willing to do that may compromise your integrity
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    So how can we fix it

Nothing to fix this has been going on for years. Social media and reality twelve just provided a way to side step the talent requirement. There will always be those love the craft and those that see it as a hustle
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Believe it or not.. Shorty has fans already.. Before she even made a record she had fans that are willing to support her in anything she wanted to do.

Same with Cardi.. Cardi has an it factor that you can't teach.. All she has to do is make a decent record and it will do fine.. She just so happens to have an undeniable banger..

It's business. The demand is already built for people who have a large internet following. Making music to monetize that base only makes sense.

In hip hop today people buy into the artist as a person more than ever.. It's just what's going on.. If you want to be successful as an artist you have to adapt. Or make music that is exceptional. Nothing in between.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The female rapper is dead all you gotta do is take a IG famous ? and give her producers and songwriters.

The industry gonna start doing it with ? too.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    That's the reason why everybody and their moma wants to be a rapper...? is disgusting all these reality shows..they all saying the same ? ..im about to go to the studio.for ? what?

Nowadays either everybody want to be a rapper or vlogger. As if those are the only two "professions" in the world. Most times I think some people all of a sudden want to become one because it requires less effort. Doing anything else in life may be a little too hard for them to accomplish.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Believe it or not.. Shorty has fans already.. Before she even made a record she had fans that are willing to support her in anything she wanted to do.

Same with Cardi.. Cardi has an it factor that you can't teach.. All she has to do is make a decent record and it will do fine.. She just so happens to have an undeniable banger..

It's business. The demand is already built for people who have a large internet following. Making music to monetize that base only makes sense.

In hip hop today people buy into the artist as a person more than ever.. It's just what's going on.. If you want to be successful as an artist you have to adapt. Or make music that is exceptional. Nothing in between.

Exactly.

And in addition to this, labels have made it clear that they are looking for cultural relevance over talent.

• trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So how can we fix it