The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    time for the bengals to blow this ? up

yea. marvin gotta go. and time to draft a QB in the 1st rd. trade up if need be.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ugly win but ill take it. Defense held it down and Watson did what he was asked. Looking forward to his development.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    bigev240 wrote: »
    toheeb27 wrote: »

Line is atrocious. We could easily have the worst Oline in the NFL for the past 2 years.

Seahawks O-Line begs to differ.

at0gbqg30fet.jpg

Is this picture real??? Lmao!!

I'm a giants fan...no shock here...thats every other play for us. At least Russel can run n make plays. Eli got cement cleats

I definitely think our line is worse than Seattle's but that picture is funny as hell. Jerry Reese needs to draft Oline the first 4 rounds in next years draft. We're guaranteed at least one or two will pan out lol...Surprisingly Ereck Flowers didn't play that bad Sunday. Jerry and Hart on the other hand, looked like ? !

Reese should be on the hot seat this year. This was the same guy that blamed Coughlin for their downfall instead of looking at his subpar drafts the last couple of years. Even if he couldn't get the top guy on the draft list, he could have stocked up with O-lineman in the later rounds.

Straight up, Coughlin's rosters his last two years were TERRIBLE. We had one of the top 3 worst defenses in league history in 2015. Them ? allowed 4,783 yards passing for the season (worst in NFL History) and 401 points (2nd worse in history) and he took the fall. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm NOT a fan of Ben McAdoo. He's not a head coach, he's an above average OC...Makes no sense that he's supposed to be an offensive guru and our offense is as bad as it is....And yea, Reese is DEFINITELY on the hot seat, due to oline neglect.

I'm confused about this whole Mcadoo situation. they say the head coaching duties is taking away his attention from the offense. Makes no sense. Seems like Spags has FULL control of the defense. What can mac tell Spags about the D. So that's not it. You know you got a weak Oline. Work around it. Peyton had a horrible line in Denver, Brady has had some bad lines, even Cam Newton has had some questionable lines, so has Rodgers. Good coaches work around it. Maybe all this is not on mac and the line and that's why he wanted Mahomes in the 1st rd

What I'm saying is that I'm not a fan of his system as a whole on offense. The fact that we haven't scored at least 20 points in going on the last 10 games is a reflection of that regardless of the oline. His variation of the WCO looks stale as hell to me...the terrible oline only enhances how inept this system has been going on two years now, and we're seeing a combination of the two right now...The look Snacks had on his face in the 4th quarter of the game while the offense on the field shows that the defense is at least starting to get tired of the offenses ? ..we lost the same way in Green Bay in the playoffs, defense balled, then got tired cuz the O couldn't sustain drives, It all falls on McAdoo and Reese.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watt hit that ? with the goldberg spear

spear.gif
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point they might as well put mccarron in and see what he can do,not like it can be any worse
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Geno Smith better than some of these starting QB's to be honest.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AJ Green understandably frustrated and Marvin Lewis sticking with and Dalton:

“We are playing like sh-- right now,” Green said, not stopping there. "We got to find a way to get our playmakers the ball. That's it. It's a superstar-driven league. You are not going to win without them."

“My body of work speaks for itself, I don’t feel like I have to go beg for the ball.”

“This offense doesn’t go without us, we have to be involved more early," Green said. "Get (Brandon LaFell) the ball early, get John (Ross) the ball earlier. As one of the leaders of the offense, I feel we need a spark and need the ball in my hands somewhere, somehow. You have to find a way to get me the ball and we are not doing that right now

“Being one of the leaders of the offense I feel like – no disrespect to nobody else – that ball should be mine somewhere somehow,” Green said of the team's final drive. “That’s my mentality. In those situations, I want the ball. As the leader of the offense, you should be like that. I wanted that ball.”

On Sunday, the game ended with Green throwing his helmet in frustration. This one ended watching Alex Erickson targeted three times.

“Obviously, you want the ball in his hands as much as possible,” Dalton said. “You have your best player out there you want him to be a focal point. We are going to have to look at it and see what we can do differently.”

Marvin Lewis:
    As for a move to AJ McCarron, Marvin Lewis stood behind Dalton after the game.

“No, I’m not worried about Andy,” Lewis said, before stating specifically the quarterback’s job is secure at this point. He was then asked if Dalton has taken a step back. “No, I don’t think he’s taken a step back. I think we have to continue to let Andy do his thing.”
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I'd give Dalton another game or two to see if he turns things around before benching him. If anything you can always go back to him later on.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Must win games for Skins and Giants this week. Schedule bout to get real after that.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

“We are playing like sh-- right now,” Green said, not stopping there. "We got to find a way to get our playmakers the ball. That's it. It's a superstar-driven league. You are not going to win without them."

“My body of work speaks for itself, I don’t feel like I have to go beg for the ball.”

“This offense doesn’t go without us, we have to be involved more early," Green said. "Get (Brandon LaFell) the ball early, get John (Ross) the ball earlier. As one of the leaders of the offense, I feel we need a spark and need the ball in my hands somewhere, somehow. You have to find a way to get me the ball and we are not doing that right now

“Being one of the leaders of the offense I feel like – no disrespect to nobody else – that ball should be mine somewhere somehow,” Green said of the team's final drive. “That’s my mentality. In those situations, I want the ball. As the leader of the offense, you should be like that. I wanted that ball.”

On Sunday, the game ended with Green throwing his helmet in frustration. This one ended watching Alex Erickson targeted three times.

“Obviously, you want the ball in his hands as much as possible,” Dalton said. “You have your best player out there you want him to be a focal point. We are going to have to look at it and see what we can do differently.”

Marvin Lewis:

“No, I’m not worried about Andy,” Lewis said, before stating specifically the quarterback’s job is secure at this point. He was then asked if Dalton has taken a step back. “No, I don’t think he’s taken a step back. I think we have to continue to let Andy do his thing.”

Owners out there rather let their franchises implode than give Kaepernick a call just to prove a point.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Must win games for Skins and Giants this week. Schedule bout to get real after that.

Skins can go 0-16 for all I care...but yea gmen need that W. If you can't beat Detroit at home its a major cause of concern
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

Marvin Lewis:

Owners out there rather let their franchises implode than give Kaepernick a call just to prove a point.

Whats happening to Kap is borderline criminal. But i dont see how he helps here. They got a intriguing backup they can play b4 considering kap.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

giants vs. seahawks will be the battle of the ? olines

defenses gonna eat in that matchup
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20714003/minnesota-vikings-concern-sam-bradford-knee
    Source: Vikes concerned over Bradford's knee

The Minnesota Vikings have some concern about quarterback Sam Bradford's left knee but remain cautiously optimistic about his status for Sunday's game, a source told ESPN on Friday.

Bradford on Tuesday had an MRI on the knee after another source told ESPN that the quarterback had experienced swelling, some pain and discomfort in the left knee after Monday night's victory over the New Orleans Saints.

According to the source, the MRI did not reveal any specific damage, but said scans do not always offer a clear picture in a knee that has undergone multiple ACL repairs.

It is the same knee that underwent ACL repairs in 2013 and 2014 when Bradford was with the Rams.

Bradford has been listed as a limited participant on the team's practice reports all week, but the source said the thought was that Bradford would be able to play when the Vikings visit the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

Case Keenum is the backup and has gotten an increased workload in practice this week.

The fact that the Vikings did not elevate quarterback Kyle Sloter from the practice squad seems to support the guarded optimism about Sunday's status, but the team has until 4 p.m. ET Saturday to make a roster move.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Bill Lazor was a pretty ? OC for us
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the he'll happened to Andy dalton???!!!!