Chicago teen found in walk-in freezer after attending hotel party (social media going hammer time)

Options

Comments

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andrew was Just a Token Spokesman for Chicago black people to prevent further action.they probably paid him a few tokens to do so

The activist allegedly contacted the mother and told her to call off a protest requesting transparency because the hotel wasn't making any money.

Not sure why he'd be concerned with how well the hotel is doing but hey.

Well from the videos, I saw, they needed to call it off. If you check Lamon Record on Facebook, you can see the videos. They were violent. Their idea of a protest was to walk up to unsuspecting white people trying to check into a hotel, get in their faces, and give their account of what could have happened. Now if unsuspecting white person did not turn away from the hotel and continued to their room, they were getting in their faces and Lamon himself was getting into fights with white people for chuckling. Now I'm not certain what he told her, but she could be paraphrasing. Protest was a ? show. Check Facebook
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok well since the lawyer is saying the video doesn't show her walking in by herself i am sticking to my belief that her friends put her in there to sober her up and she died. im not going with the set up or the ? . just ? friends.

That's not, fully, what the lawyer said.

i didnt mean to sound like i was quoting word for word. now that i have seen some of the videos (dont know how many have been released) i am backing to being confused. to me it looks like she is looking for something or someone. I need to know why she left the room? why did her friends let her leave? I mean it could be as simple as she wanted some air but it could be more to it.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The attorney for the family of Kenneka Jenkins said Friday they have not received any video evidence from Rosemont police that shows the 19-year-old woman entering a hotel walk-in freezer

“Despite requests for all evidence, we have received only snippets of video, none of which shows Kenneka Jenkins walking into a freezer,” Larry Rogers Jr. said in a statement. “The family has not been provided any video or other evidence of Kenneka Jenkins walking into a freezer.
    Chicago tribune.

that's all I need to read "GET 'EM!"

ar9bvacyosl4.jpg
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

thats some other hotel.

irrelevant.

not irrelevant .it's something to think about
  • MasterJayN100
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hotel security and management has access to real time surveillance footage. If there was a creep on the schedule he may have tracked her the whole time and knew how to stay out of view of the cameras. May be someone that works at the hotel that did her in. Or maybe she did walk into the freezer, became even more disoriented, panicked and blacked out. It happens.

Yeah theres people who know that motel or hotel inside out and know what to do.they or that person has been there plenty of times.someone couldve turned the cams off or waited until that person entered the freezer and turned them back on.Cause her friend works there.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thats some other hotel.

irrelevant.

I thought maybe the girl's from that hotel maybe worked at the Rosemont before and know what it looks like. But that's speculation.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    ok well since the lawyer is saying the video doesn't show her walking in by herself i am sticking to my belief that her friends put her in there to sober her up and she died. im not going with the set up or the ? . just ? friends.

i didnt mean to sound like i was quoting word for word. now that i have seen some of the videos (dont know how many have been released) i am backing to being confused. to me it looks like she is looking for something or someone. I need to know why she left the room? why did her friends let her leave? I mean it could be as simple as she wanted some air but it could be more to it.

It looks like she is looking for something to me too but my first inclination is that this is a ? and high person lost who can't find her room. The cynic in me allows for the possibility that in some of the area unseen, someone could be waiting. What I know is that the police department and Andrew Holmes are saying that she walked into the freezer and they could be lying, but I don't have much that suggests that to me.
  • MasterJayN100
    edited September 2017
    Options

thats some other hotel.

irrelevant.

I thought maybe the girl's from that hotel maybe worked at the Rosemont before and know what it looks like. But that's speculation.

Trust me Kaneeka been down there before cause her friend works there..and the video where the woman demonstrates how difficult it is to close a freezer that size..you have to close it from the outside..not inside.i have a cousin who lives in Chicago...and he's familiar with the hotel and he explained to me about the freezer at hotels cant be closed from the inside.Grocery Stores are the same way.i use to work at a grocery store years ago.Someone must been down there to greet her..and not in a good way
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    So no one here has seen the video ?

Basing it off what someone said was in the video ?

Hmmmmmm

I saw it. Breaks my heart to know where she was headed. Like I wanted to stop her.

It's tragic. I mean where were her friends if she was so messed up ?

I just want to see her enter the freezer so I can say no foul play

• semi-auto-mato
    Options

It looks like she is looking for something to me too but my first inclination is that this is a ? and high person lost who can't find her room. The cynic in me allows for the possibility that in some of the area unseen, someone could be waiting. What I know is that the police department and Andrew Holmes are saying that she walked into the freezer and they could be lying, but I don't have much that suggests that to me.

yeah they could be lying but i dont know. right now i just feel like she had some ? up friends. someone in that room should have kept her in that room. its no way i would let my peoples leave my sight in that condition.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

thats some other hotel.

irrelevant.

Trust me Kaneeka been down there before cause her friend works there..and the video where the woman demonstrates how difficult it is to close a freezer that size..you have to close it from the outside..not inside

What do you mean trust you? I can't dude. And as of right now, cops say there's nothing suspicious for them to believe foul play was involved.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The attorney for the family of Kenneka Jenkins said Friday they have not received any video evidence from Rosemont police that shows the 19-year-old woman entering a hotel walk-in freezer

“Despite requests for all evidence, we have received only snippets of video, none of which shows Kenneka Jenkins walking into a freezer,” Larry Rogers Jr. said in a statement. “The family has not been provided any video or other evidence of Kenneka Jenkins walking into a freezer.
    Chicago tribune.

that's all I need to read "GET 'EM!"

ar9bvacyosl4.jpg

Not shocking at all that a corporation is stalling and holding footage as long as they can. After all, that footage is the key piece in establishing their liability in the incident and how much they should be forced to pay out in a suit. They probably have a legal team on the case combing through the footage over and over to try to determine perhaps if there was caution tape she stepped over or a "DO NOT ENTER" sign that she walked around. They are protecting their interests as any corporation would. The family's lawyer are protecting the integrity of their own case. It is in their interest to demonstrate that the hotel stalled and hindered their quest for answers for several days. All of that amounts to more pain and suffering of the mother where we have a legal system that can make symbolic gestures in terms of a monetary reward. Don't think as a person, think as a corporation.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

yeah they could be lying but i dont know. right now i just feel like she had some ? up friends. someone in that room should have kept her in that room. its no way i would let my peoples leave my sight in that condition.

That's the friends story tho. Kenneka and a couple friends were in the hall getting ready to leave, but Kenneka didn't have her keys or phone so they went back in the room to find them and when they came back out she was gone. Idk how long they looked for her stuff, and they were on the ninth floor. It is possible she made it to the elevator and went to the basement in the time the friends were looking. and the friends said they did look, banged on doors, checked floors and they didn't find her.

Cuz she was wandering around the basement.
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

That's the friends story tho. Kenneka and a couple friends were in the hall getting ready to leave, but Kenneka didn't have her keys or phone so they went back in the room to find them and when they came back out she was gone. Idk how long they looked for her stuff, and they were on the ninth floor. It is possible she made it to the elevator and went to the basement in the time the friends were looking. and the friends said they did look, banged on doors, checked floors and they didn't find her.

that is possible. I am not saying it's murder but her friends were gonna let her drive in that condition? why would we leave you in the hallway while we all go inside to look for your keys? i mean if we dont think you can help us find your keys that means you cant protect yourself alone in that hallway if someone tried to rob you or kidnap u. i just feel like her friends are trash. they might not be murderers but they are horrible friends and should low as hell right now.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    So no one here has seen the video ?

Basing it off what someone said was in the video ?

Hmmmmmm

Here you are.

Wow the way they were talking I was expecting her to practically be crawling she was so ? . She walkin not too bad.

naw b. she was ? up. you can tell.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

that is possible. I am not saying it's murder but her friends were gonna let her drive in that condition? why would we leave you in the hallway while we all go inside to look for your keys? i mean if we dont think you can help us find your keys that means you cant protect yourself alone in that hallway if someone tried to rob you or kidnap u. i just feel like her friends are trash. they might not be murderers but they are horrible friends and should low as hell right now.

hope they wouldn't let her drive like that, still no reason to leave her keys and phone behind

and her friend's might have been tipsy and not thinking clearly themselves
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pills and all. thats a molly, perc, x, walk right there
  • MasterJayN100
    Options

thats some other hotel.

irrelevant.

Trust me Kaneeka been down there before cause her friend works there..and the video where the woman demonstrates how difficult it is to close a freezer that size..you have to close it from the outside..not inside

What do you mean trust you? I can't dude. And as of right now, cops say there's nothing suspicious for them to believe foul play was involved.

keep believing what they telling you lol
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? alcohol

Who knows how many cases of people freezing themselves go down in Chicago?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Nah I don't think the friends were going to let her drive like that, but to get her home they need the keys. And Idk, I wouldn't expect my friend to disappear that fast.
  • MasterJayN100
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Chicago police department need to do their jobs CORRECTLY

DJzBBiBWkAYfh8-.jpg
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

hope they wouldn't let her drive like that, still no reason to leave her keys and phone behind

and her friend's might have been tipsy and not thinking clearly themselves

lets say its 4 of us all ? up and leaving the party. u say i dont have my keys and the other 3 of us say we gonna find them. are u really gonna wait outside while we look for ur keys? are u really gonna wander off without ur keys even though u were able to tell us u didnt have ur keys? that doesnt make any sense to me.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Is that from Irene's real facebook? **