The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Options

Comments

• TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In confused on how this crisis stuff works if arsenal win tomorrow are they out of a crisis and are Liverpool in one?

This is the only thing I hate about fans of football. They overreact like a ? . They treat match day 5 like it's match day 32. I'm dealing with alot of negativity from my fellow Liverpool fans. They're all blaming klopp and not our players who had chances out the ass to put Burnley to the sword. They quickly forget just how ? we were a few seasons ago. They focus on the negative and not for the positive fact that we have surely been progressing.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In confused on how this crisis stuff works if arsenal win tomorrow are they out of a crisis and are Liverpool in one?

This is the only thing I hate about fans of football. They overreact like a ? . They treat match day 5 like it's match day 32. I'm dealing with alot of negativity from my fellow Liverpool fans. They're all blaming klopp and not our players who had chances out the ass to put Burnley to the sword. They quickly forget just how ? we were a few seasons ago. They focus on the negative and not for the positive fact that we have surely been progressing.

the only main issue I have with Klopp (this season) is that he knew your defence was trash from at least last season, and made it his number 1 target to get a CB......cue VVD.

When that fell through, instead of looking at other CBs, he started looking at other players e.g. Keita instead of addressing the situation. To me that's poor management, and something that Wenger has been guilty of doing in the past all too well.

Look at Mourinho, he knew what he wanted and in what positions and got them. when Dier was a no-go, he ended up with Matic. When Morata weren't there, he got Lukaku.

He didn't suddenly change the requirements he needed to strengthen or ignore them

• TheRicanKing
    edited September 2017
    Options

the only main issue I have with Klopp (this season) is that he knew your defence was trash from at least last season, and made it his number 1 target to get a CB......cue VVD.

When that fell through, instead of looking at other CBs, he started looking at other players e.g. Keita instead of addressing the situation. To me that's poor management, and something that Wenger has been guilty of doing in the past all too well.

Look at Mourinho, he knew what he wanted and in what positions and got them. when Dier was a no-go, he ended up with Matic. When Morata weren't there, he got Lukaku.

He didn't suddenly change the requirements he needed to strengthen or ignore them

I don't believe it's the case of Klopp only going for one person. I think it's clubs did not want to sell. VVD being one of them. Wasn't too long ago we finished 8th. Despite our trash defence, we improved 4 places napping 4th from Arsenal which is an achievement by itself.

Also, Mourinho has more pull than Klopp, Manchester United has way more pull than us. Mourinho already had a good squad from last season. Same is said for Manchester City and Pep. Not fair to compare us to them.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't believe it's the case of Klopp only going for one person. I think it's clubs did not want to sell. VVD being one of them. Wasn't too long ago we finished 8th. Despite our trash defence, we improved 4 places napping 4th from Arsenal which is an achievement by itself.

Also, Mourinho has more pull than Klopp, Manchester United has way more pull than us. Mourinho already had a good squad from last season. Same is said for Manchester City and Pep. Not fair to compare us to them.

Bold is true arsenal and Liverpool can't compete on the level of the Manchester clubs they can't just offer 50m on a cb
  • blue_london
    Options
    Kyle naughton is awful
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bold is true arsenal and Liverpool can't compete on the level of the Manchester clubs they can't just offer 50m on a cb

What is stopping Arsenal from doing that? Contrary to the narrative out there, they are still the 2nd biggest club in London. They have the money. Is it really the owner holding them back?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rubbish. Liverpool was gonna pay close to 70m for VVD. That's after not selling Coutinho and wasting 35m on Ox (a player they don't need).

No excuse for not buying a CB. There was other options, cheaper than VVD.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Finna put Son in one of my fantasy teams.
  • blue_london
    edited September 2017
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

What is stopping Arsenal from doing that? Contrary to the narrative out there, they are still the 2nd biggest club in London. They have the money. Is it really the owner holding them back?

Transfer money goes into wages i read and they need to sell before they can sign big
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blue_london
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

Rubbish. Liverpool was gonna pay close to 70m for VVD. That's after not selling Coutinho and wasting 35m on Ox (a player they don't need).

No excuse for not buying a CB. There was other options, cheaper than VVD.

Not saying they can't do it but in this climate they bid 70m for a cb then what. Its one prime target a season unless they sell. They can't do a city and sign 3 CBS got 50m in once season then sign a midfielder for 50m
  • blue_london
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    [url=" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ8jPJ7bwmM"][/url]

get kroenke crooked clat outta england

Basically arsenal is run by the conservatives
  • blue_london
    Options
    Is sanches good?
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options

My point was really simple so I'll break it down:

1. You wanted and needed a CB.

2. You couldn't get your number 1 target so instead of looking at alternatives for that position, you went and bought more midfielders to compensate.

3. Mourinho didn't do that ?
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My goodness I had the worst fantasy football weak, not only did Pogba and Mane not get taken out, Danilo didnt play and my subs are Brighton and Huddersfield... I need Deli to score a hatrick right now...
  • DNB1
    Options
    All this ? about the size of the pitch is ? ...I'm not buying it.

Just beat Dortmund at Wembley the other night.
  • TheRicanKing
    Options

2. You couldn't get your number 1 target so instead of looking at alternatives for that position, you went and bought more midfielders to compensate.

I already explained with point 3 of your post. We don't have a strong pull yet. Players are looking to play for the manchester clubs, Barca/Madrid, Dortmund/Bayern etc + clubs not wanting to sell. We don't have any recent success bar getting to finals and missing out on the league years ago. They have to believe in the project. This isn't football manager or fifa fam.

So far the players Klopp have signed have been wonderful bar from a dud that was Benteke. Think about this, everybody knew our #1 Target was VVD. What do you think gets in the mind of our hypothetical B and C Centerback back up targets? They won't want to join.
  • TheRicanKing
    Options
    Chelsea are champions and had problems getting signings done. The market isn't so simple.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wembley woes are over? Yeah, okay.
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pay to play is just one of the things wrong in american soccer
  • blue_london
    Options
    My goodness I had the worst fantasy football weak, not only did Pogba and Mane not get taken out, Danilo didnt play and my subs are Brighton and Huddersfield... I need Deli to score a hatrick right now...

In still waiting for my 1 good week
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options

I already explained with point 3 of your post. We don't have a strong pull yet. Players are looking to play for the manchester clubs, Barca/Madrid, Dortmund/Bayern etc + clubs not wanting to sell. We don't have any recent success bar getting to finals and missing out on the league years ago. They have to believe in the project. This isn't football manager or fifa fam.

So far the players Klopp have signed have been wonderful bar from a dud that was Benteke. Think about this, everybody knew our #1 Target was VVD. What do you think gets in the mind of our hypothetical B and C Centerback back up targets? They won't want to join.

Klopp didn't buy Benteke, that was Brendan Rodgers and part of the problem for him, because Klopp's style of football wasn't Christian's game.

I'm not going back and forth again on the rest, so let's just end the topic!
  • DNB1
    Options
    I scored over 60 pts on one league just with Man City players today. Aguero got me 30 pts alone.

Shame about cheap seats league tho. :( The Dream Team fantasy league is a lot easier to get points on.
  • TheRicanKing
    Options

Klopp didn't buy Benteke, that was Brendan Rodgers and part of the problem for him, because Klopp's style of football wasn't Christian's game.

I'm not going back and forth again on the rest, so let's just end the topic!

You're right. I forgot! / and no probs man! It's still good to read a neutrals pov.