Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    JLacey wrote: »
    He ran all fight

lol that's some casual ? to say. Like Floyd been running all these years huh? ? was boxing lol

Nah the way mayweather did it was different. Canelo was running from one side of the ring to the other every 5-6 punches.

Mayweather could stand in one spot dodging all types of punches while getting his own in.

Lol Neither of those ? ran. How was he running when he spent quite a bit of the fight just sitting on the ropes?
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Koltrain wrote: »
    Canelo shoulda kept the fight in the middle of the ring. Beat him to the punch, dig the body, tie him up, reset.

Totally agree but he was tired . And GGG was putting relentless aggression on Canelo. Canelo was trying to land the big ? , he landed a few , but GGG was on that ? like a whitewalker

on him but somehow could not cut the ring off... had him on the ropes and could not do real damage... its cool to see him in his face but that aint enough, he look like howdy dudey
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He ran all fight

lol that's some casual ? to say. Like Floyd been running all these years huh? ? was boxing lol

Nah the way mayweather did it was different. Canelo was running from one side of the ring to the other every 5-6 punches.

Mayweather could stand in one spot dodging all types of punches while getting his own in.

Lol Neither of those ? ran. How was he running when he spent quite a bit of the fight just sitting on the ropes?

Right. If he wasnt running he was sitting on the ropes. When it came down to 10 secs toward the end of every round he literally looked like he was avoiding taking or giving punches.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canelo shoulda kept the fight in the middle of the ring. Beat him to the punch, dig the body, tie him up, reset.

Totally agree but he was tired . And GGG was putting relentless aggression on Canelo. Canelo was trying to land the big ? , he landed a few , but GGG was on that ? like a whitewalker

He was on him, but he really wasn't doing that much..Canelo was just tired
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atlas speaking that real right now
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok so this is old....but ? definitely fits tonights match
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So this is the judge who ruined the fight of the year.

Adalaide Byrd - Judge

https://youtu.be/j4LXIz6skdo
  • Koltrain
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Real talk, that card was trash overall for a $70 ppv
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

on him but somehow could not cut the ring off... had him on the ropes and could not do real damage... its cool to see him in his face but that aint enough, he look like howdy dudey

Don't get me wrong Canelo didn't just curl up . Canelo landed some good shots. But GGG was more consistent in his attack. GGG was controlling what was going on in the fight. Again not say Canelo did have his spots. But to me , GGG won 115-113 And that the closest the fight could be imo
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That is one thing about Boxing he has a point

Since there is no official governing body or corporate judging it as a whole

It will always have it's corruption and political decisions that will stunt the sport from growing and giving the fans the fights they really want

and delivering the proper decisions that the fighters truly deserve

in another life I've stated I've wanted to be a pro boxer

and I was thinking about it when I was younger, almost made that decision

But the fact that boxing is a business and it's has a large politcial component too it, turns a lot of ppl away

This is a sport that can ? you with one blow, physically and mentally

Figuratively and Literally

and you train all that time, for 8 weeks at a training camp, away from your family, friends, loved ones, missing birthdays and birthday parties, holidays all to be holed up in a gym, turning your body into a machine, training for war

All to have it come down to one night and three judges that probably have never had a fight in their life

and they give it to the other guy, because of his political connections

It's ? nuts

That's why I respect those that lace up, MMA and or Boxing

Cause that life is nuts

We're seeing the ones that make it on TV and making a good living outside of it

But we don't see what happens to those that took that wrong punch and didn't make it, now they living a life of mediocrity
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Canelo was a less effective Lara against him

This is the 2nd fight in a row commentators/spectators are docking GGG points for not knocking out his opponent

They call him one dimensional and he sit behind the jab and outbox them over the course of the fight

They got quicker hands(Danny, Canelo) of course they going land flashier shots...they getting banged on though

If he control the tempo and Outland, how you scoring fights?

Floyd was potshotting, landing 40% of his shots, and holding the opponent to 20%... disresptful motherfuckas

was not enough this time, how you the stronger guy but the harder shots land on you? Had nothing to do with him not knocking him out. He just got banged on harder tonight. power shots beat jabs and shoe shine ? all day then when you miss 4-5 punch combos that's just ineffective aggression...

They landed the same amount of power shots....now who controlled the ring and jab battle...stop it fam

And flashier don't mean hard....if your opponent going backwards the whole fight and you outland him...if they ain't effective, I don't know ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Canelo didn't run???? Lmao
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    and I totally understand how people would see it closer or the other way, Canelo was the flashier more judge friendly of the two

You just wrong
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically if you give Canelo first 3 rounds and last 2 it's not surprising if someone says GGG didn't dominate every single round in between and probably find a way to give him 10 or another round somewhere
  • Koltrain
    Options
    Canelo landed the more meaningful punches
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Lol @ all the "link" ? . FOH haha
    Mastery wrote: »
    ? all y'all link ? haha

o1qf5oyo1n3g.png

U get your money's worth fam?

Oh I'm not home. I'm out of state haha

I watched it at Dave and Busters on the big screen. I see you don't know me though haha If I was home, I def would have bought it.

But you can't buy a fight then cry when it don't go how you think it should. That sound like broke wigga problems. I can't relate.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Teddy killing SAS

Link
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Teddy killing SAS

Link

Lol turn on your tv he on espn
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought GGG won a close but clear fight. I gave Canelo only 2 of the last 3 rounds.