DJ Paul-Underground vol.17 for Da Summa(9/16)

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in The Reason
IMG_1703.jpg?w=630&h=630&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Fresh Out da Crazy House
1:46

? Move (feat. Lil Jon, Lord Infamous & Layzie Bone)
3:43

Go Buck
3:24

Hell 2 da Naw
2:48

No High Enough (feat. Lil Wyte)
5:15

Headshot Hair Do
2:30

Tryin' to Get It (feat. Dave East & Jon Connor) [Album Mix]
4:20

Spend Sum (feat. Weirdo King) [Album Mix]
3:23

Me Too (Skit) [feat. Computer Russell Resthaven]
0:20

Me Too
3:08

Crazy Off da Bud (feat. Lord Infamous) [Remix]
4:46

Poe Up Wetty (feat. Lil Wyte)
2:43

Litty Up (feat. Yelawolf) [Album Mix]
3:39

No Sex, No Cryin' (Skit) [feat. Joe Judah]
0:55

No Sex, No Cryin'
1:49

Real Fake (feat. Riff Raff)
2:51

Ain't Gone Love It (feat. Weirdo King) [Album Mix]
3:31

Side Figga
3:05

My Shadow (feat. Seed of 6ix)
3:24

Outro
3:11

Its here

Comments

• genocidecutter
    Options
    This actually came out yesterday but I forgot to make a thread.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it sucks....like really bad.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    Options
  • marc123
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Half of it's tight. Half is kinda ehh.

Crazy Off Da Budsack Remix is ? .

Mad disappointed in that SO6IX track though.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I liked it but they could of had another song too that was better.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will listen 2moro

Only heard ? MOVE so far but it bangs in the whip
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He fell the ? off
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna check it out off the strength of it being Vol. 17,

But i KNOW it's gon be Trash lol
    He need to only get production from J Green, Lil ? , or lil Awhree
    How you can't recreate your own sound correctly.?
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna check it out off the strength of it being Vol. 17,

But i KNOW it's gon be Trash lol
    He need to only get production from J Green, Lil ? , or lil Awhree
    How you can't recreate your own sound correctly?

That is pure ether right there! lol

His production is so hit or miss now, but I'll definitely check for it.

Listening to most, if not all of Paul's projects since 3-6 disbanded, I knew that Juicy was the more talented producer between the two. Together their unfuckwitable, but I BEEN saw the disparity between production styles from sampling, drum programming, key/synth riffs, etc.

"Hustle Til' I Die" album alone ? all over the majority of Paul's post 3-6 production. They used to be neck and neck way back in the day but that time has since passed.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @MallyG As long as I been a Three 6 fan. I never could tell who did what beat lol. I'm going to assume that Juice did songs like Gorilla ? , Life We Live, Know The Business. Also, I think Paul produced the entire Devil's Playground album. Can you give me a list of other beats that Paul & Juice did, so I can tell from their styles apart
  • genocidecutter
    Options

Speaking of the SO6IX
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkorNKKxw8U

New Trigg Bambino
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man so much disappointment from this guy his mixtape is trash and I had a feeling this would be too but on the strength on vol 16 I still checked it out and I can't get jiggy with this ? why the ? is he stuck on this rock n roll sound? The ? is not working go back to that ? ? old school samples
  • marc123
    Options
    Yea. On 1st listen, this ? was pretty wack....Paul prolly should take a break
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Paul is tarnishing his legacy by releasing this wack ? . Someone needs to lock him in a room where he's on his own. and then have him listen to nothing but albums and mixtapes that were on the hypnotize label. Maybe he could somehow find inspiration to recreate some of that fire during the group's golden years because this new ? is ? butter
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Haven't liked a DJ Paul project since Scale-A-Ton
  • marc123
    Options
  • MallyG
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    @MallyG As long as I been a Three 6 fan. I never could tell who did what beat lol. I'm going to assume that Juice did songs like Gorilla ? , Life We Live, Know The Business. Also, I think Paul produced the entire Devil's Playground album. Can you give me a list of other beats that Paul & Juice did, so I can tell from their styles apart

Aye bro, the only way you can tell the difference between the two is to listen to Chronicles of the Juiceman, mixtapes Cutthroat 1 & 2 and Realest ? In The Game. It's just the best way to conpare.

Juicy's beats aren't as sinister as Paul's are on average. Although he can make some gloomy ? too, J usually keeps his beats melodic/smoother even when the beat is hard (if that makes sense).

Juice also likes to use strings (orchs, cello and pizzicato) and pianos A LOT....

Here's an example...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmCPS9nuB14

You here the strings throughout and the 3 key piano riffs in and out..... Which leads me to believe he did the majority of production on tracks like....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=deH20DPn5po

Although it's an orchestra sample, it's still strings. Plus you here that one piano stab after every 2 bars (as in 2 rap bars = 2/4 measures).

Another example....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ybw1PB1o8hE

Another piano riff along with a synth (voice) stacked on top of it.

He also likes to use bass guitars over his kick drums. I'm pretty sure it's b/c he's a huge fan of blues music and it's jus the Memphis in him.

Examples....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mUjU6ZvAcHo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k7znMrr1wzs

(Still trips me out he didn't rap on that outro b/c that beat was RIDIN'!! Straight up on some ? type ? !)

I could go through their catalog and break this ? down all day, but it's too tedious! lol... Those two guys just meshed so well together w/ each of their styles.

I'ma producer (I'very been on a hiatus for a while now) who has beem in the band since I was 9. My ear is pretty impeccable when it comes to stuff like this. I study beats!!
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope breakdown bruh. I used to make beats a little bit. I took a few piano lessons to learn but my instructor end up moving out of the city. Even had a couple of great equipment alongside my brother. Their style highly influenced me. I would've kept doing it but sometimes things in life might occur at a point in time that is more important. Now that I almost done with the more important things (college) now I can go back to doing my hobbies & hopefully make a profit from it. While I am at work; I'm about to go on a Hypnotized Mind binge today & attempt to dissect every song & learn their styles. I might @ you to see if I'm right between who produce which song
  • MallyG
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Dope breakdown bruh. I used to make beats a little bit. I took a few piano lessons to learn but my instructor end up moving out of the city. Even had a couple of great equipment alongside my brother. Their style highly influenced me. I would've kept doing it but sometimes things in life might occur at a point in time that is more important. Now that I almost done with the more important things (college) now I can go back to doing my hobbies & hopefully make a profit from it. While I am at work; I'm about to go on a Hypnotized Mind binge today & attempt to dissect every song & learn their styles. I might @ you to see if I'm right between who produce which song

Go ahead and do that bruh!!

Of course I had Casio keyboards and other little cheap beat machines back in the day, but I really started making beats in college back in 2000 (I'm tellin' my age, lol) on Fruity Loops before anyone really knew about that software (it was really made/known for it being a Techno beat machine) because of my homeboy Antwan (he's from Macon) and his brother Chrome (who's is AMAZING @ making ANY style/type of beats, but he says I'm better than him but I don't know bout that). I just started making the beats so we would have something to rap over and b4 u know it, I got damn good @ it and all kinds of people were asking me to make ? for them.

I really grew up on music (even before the band thing) from my Dad and Uncles playing it on records/45's when I couldn't walk until this very day! It helps/helped out listening to Mo-Town, the Funk Era, the Beatles, ALL of 80's music, Rock music and damn near everything in between. Listening to all these genres of music will help you subconsciously create a lot of different sounds in your head and all you have to do is put them out (easier said than done, but w/ practice it gets more natural). The majority of GREAT producers listen to different genres of music. Just a lil' advice; don't ever put yourself in a box!

Back to the Fruity Loops thing, get on that as well as other software platforms (i.e. Reasons) and hardware platforms (Roland Fantom, Yamaha Motifs, MP's, MV8800's, Moogs, etc.) to see what suits you better. I think FL is one of the easiest things to use b/c it's Midi (you can take sounds from anywhere and easily transfer them into it) and it's functionality is fairly simple. It's crazy that after the Franchize Boys and D4L used FL (which my homeboy and I were using b4 them) makin' "snap beats".... that that same software program is now an Industry Standard. lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with mally, after listening to chronicles I could tell juicy prolly made beats like "weak ass ? " or "if you ain't from my hood"

Also, I think a lotta Paul post 3 6 beats are fine but sometimes his rhymes or hook/concept are pure struggle since after the album he dropped b4 mafia 6x
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think these two songs show a subtle but noticable difference

good dope seems like juicy, and smoking song seems like paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhTf5l-aKuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXcc-wFy8vM
  • genocidecutter
    Options
  • MallyG
    Options

He did di his thing on that! But I don't really care for the beat. It just sounds like he puttin' sounds together for the sake of it and not really TRYING to have a cohesive track. It's not terrible, but it's just not moving me.

And for the love of ? will Paul stop starting every song by "introducing" who's on the track. He's been doing it for years now and the ? tired! lol