Comments

• Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Maywood wrote: »
    gifted wrote: »
    Let's stop the BS already. JC name ain't top billing yet. Can't even imagine Lux vs JC as a main card name.

u0ba7acstbau.gif
    Lol.. I give up Cats just saying Anything now

You think JC's name is in the same category as Hollow/Roc/Surf/Calicoe, etc...?

When I tell U I've put bread on this Boy skill set numerous times mannnn

But to answer your ? All the cats u listed above I'm fans of, took me awhile to Finally give TayRoc his just due...But I'm taking the kid In all 4 of those matchups

• Maywood
    edited September 2017
    Options

[/quote]
    JC is nice with the pen but still a whole tier below Lux. ? is plain disrespectful.

Why? JC s been on an incredible run lately....damn near 3 0 against the best pens in battle rap rn ( TreZ, Chess, Nitty) plus he ? just been fire....LuX on the other hand been catching L's and debatables since Calicoe....

Again Trez Chess Nitty are all a tier or two below. Let's see how JC do against a Hollow, Clips, Ars Calicoe etc. I remember him losing to Clips and Ars I think.
    the bolded is based on name recognition to mo not actual bars but u also have to think JC finally figured it out so he aint the same as he was then

Like I said I like JC and respect his pen game (top 5) but y'all way too quick to be saying he better than Lux. I can't respect that. He's got ill written, clear enunciated bars and refined his performance. But he ain't believable with the gun bars. Sorry and that is a factor for me. He got the Ryda syndrome. QP sons got the same issue.

The ? some Of yall say to support your arguments. So Basically U basing this ? off the cat looks, Like they don't look the part to say a Gun Line, Man Please correct me If I'm wrong...This Is Laughable at Best

? look like a ?
    Can't take u serious ,not w/this in ya Avi
    n24eh3nlkbdp.jpg

• Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I gave you my reasons why Lux and Hitman would make sense. Why in your opinion don't it make sense? And btw the URL wanted DNA to battle Lux at SM 2 not Cal, Cal was gonna battle John John. Lux turned down DNA so they went to plan B which was Cal.

For one, their styles are like the polar opposite of each other and i don't think the energy would mix right. When two battle rappers compete they are making a product together. There are plenty other names out there I could think of that I'd rather see paired with Lux. His penmanship is going to be more accentuated battling a JC instead of Hitman.

Secondly you should know how Lux thinks when it comes to who he will battle. It has to serve a purpose in his legacy or spark the competitive desire to be the best. Hitman Holla is not at the top of the food chain right now. Yes, he has a name from the work he put in previously, but in 2017 he's just another battle rapper. Now.... if he goes on mean killing spree and starting to look undisputed then you can revisit this conversation. But for now JC got that look.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I gave you my reasons why Lux and Hitman would make sense. Why in your opinion don't it make sense? And btw the URL wanted DNA to battle Lux at SM 2 not Cal, Cal was gonna battle John John. Lux turned down DNA so they went to plan B which was Cal.

For one, their styles are like the polar opposite of each other and i don't think the energy would mix right. When two battle rappers compete they are making a product together. There are plenty other names out there I could think of that I'd rather see paired with Lux. His penmanship is going to be more accentuated battling a JC instead of Hitman.

Secondly you should know how Lux thinks when it comes to who he will battle. It has to serve a purpose in his legacy or spark the competitive desire to be the best. Hitman Holla is not at the top of the food chain right now. Yes, he has a name from the work he put in previously, but in 2017 he's just another battle rapper. Now.... if he goes on mean killing spree and starting to look undisputed then you can revisit this conversation. But for now JC got that look.

But Lux battled Calicoe and Arsonal and neither of them are known for having great pens. Hitman Holla is "not on top of the food chain", but JC is? JC ain't been on no damn killing spree, he beat Trez then lost to Bigg K then he beat Chess and had a debatable with Nitty. Hitman has a greater body of work much more memorable moments and he's actually bodied top tiers word to Ars, O Red and Shine. Name one top tier that JC decisively beat? Hitman put in work and would deserve the look more than JC. The matchup only "doesn't make sense" because Hitman or Lux hasn't requested to battle each other. All JC did was call out Lux and that alone in y'all eyes make the battle make sense? A ? that just became top tier last week makes more sense than one of the biggest stars in battle rap who's put in work and has done more for the culture than JC?
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But Lux battled Calicoe and Arsonal and neither of them are known for having great pens. Hitman Holla is "not on top of the food chain", but JC is? JC ain't been on no damn killing spree, he beat Trez then lost to Bigg K then he beat Chess and had a debatable with Nitty. Hitman has a greater body of work much more memorable moments and he's actually bodied top tiers word to Ars, O Red and Shine. Name one top tier that JC decisively beat? Hitman put in work and would deserve the look more than JC. The matchup only "doesn't make sense" because Hitman or Lux hasn't requested to battle each other. All JC did was call out Lux and that alone in y'all eyes make the battle make sense? A ? that just became top tier last week makes more sense than one of the biggest stars in battle rap who's put in work and has done more for the culture than JC?

You are pulling for names and I'm pulling for skill. Say no more.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Name + Skill
    Hence why Arsonal made sense. Roc makes sense. Not JC yet. Keyword.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My ? how u know all this bout how Lux does his business...it's simple as this...if URL had a current rankings list....JC d be ranked no 1 and he called out Lux....if y'all feel J C aint ready Lux needs to put him in his place that's it
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JC isn't ready for Lux. Let him battle a few more names and see how he does against them
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    If Bigg K made JC feel small figuratively speaking and sonned him like a father chastising his son then imagine what Lux would do to him?
  • Micmacmar3of3m
    Micmacmar3of3m Members Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If Bigg K made JC feel small figuratively speaking and sonned him like a father chastising his son then imagine what Lux would do to him?

They aint tryna hear u bro!!!! He got beaten pretty clear imo
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

lets say he lost so what? Lux been on a losing or debatable streak for a while now
  • aka40Cal
    Options
    Dizaster vs Tay Rock. URL Traffic
  • 5th Letter
    Options

lets say he lost so what? Lux been on a losing or debatable streak for a while now

Besides Mook who else did he lose to?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

Besides Mook who else did he lose to?

Arsonal, Hollow, Clips are L's or debatables...
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Maywood
    Options
  • Maywood
    Options
  • Maywood
    Options

Let's Just Focus On The Bolded real quick "Sigh" so outta these 4 Battles U got him losing 1 w/a debatable Right ?
    Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear
    Bigg K U say Loss = I Disagree like FOH but ok let's give U that
    Now his last battle @ summer madness Vs Nitty this how a ? just be saying ? emotionally
    https://youtu.be/MwrimPAd2Dg
    in da building it's prolly a 30 imma keep it a buck,, but on camera I'll prolly getta round ya feel me"... Rum Nitty
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Let's Just Focus On The Bolded real quick "Sigh" so outta these 4 Battles U got him losing 1 w/a debatable Right ?
    Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear
    Now his last battle @ summer madness Vs Nitty this how a ? just be saying ? emotionally
    in da building it's prolly a 30 imma keep it a buck,, but on camera I'll prolly getta round ya feel me"... Rum Nitty

You realize that battlers may say they lost a battle early on then change their minds later? Mook lost a judged battle to Jae Millz and to this day he still thinks he won. Suge after years of accepting the L to K Shine has now stated that he won that battle, Conceited said he lost to Arsonal until the footage came out then changed his mind. Bottom line is that battles on cam come out differently than they do in the building. Rum was spitting.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear

You realize that battlers may say they lost a battle early on then change their minds later? Mook lost a judged battle to Jae Millz and to this day he still thinks he won. Suge after years of accepting the L to K Shine has now stated that he won that battle, Conceited said he lost to Arsonal until the footage came out then changed his mind. Bottom line is that battles on cam come out differently than they do in the building. Rum was spitting.

Who judged the Mook vs Mills battle
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Just got offered free tix to Traffic....never been to a major URL event is it worth going?
  • Maywood
    edited September 2017
    Options

Beat Trez = Clear
    Beat Chess = Clear

x1hd5b9lnnv3.gif

U got it Man........
  • aka40Cal
    Options
    Just got offered free tix to Traffic....never been to a major URL event is it worth going?

Go dude, URL don't slack when it comes to events