OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Bone over Da Mafia any day tho

hoghdbqynz4f.jpg
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    High Pitched, Triplet Flow Lord Infamous >>> Coked out, Cookie Monster Flow Lord Infamous

Also, Skinny ? and Koopsta Knicca was on that ? too and cold at it
    But Skinny and Infamous was known for that triplet ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Illbot a kick @Ear2DaSt from thread because he's trolling like a ? .
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, no edit either lol
  • ILLBOT
    ILLBOT Posts: 911 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    @Ear2DaSt, there is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot. A punch to the face is also likely.
    Warned @Ear2DaSt (0 points for 1 week) for "Kicked from thread: he's trolling like a ? "
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's called triplets because of the odd 1/3 timing in between even 1/4, 2/4, 4/4, 4/8 etc beats or time signature. The beat structure have to be even though. I don't think you can do triplets over a 3/3 time signature for example.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good video. I much prefer when people temporarily switch to that flow for emphasis as opposed to when its used for a whole song.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.I.P The king of horrorcore and the inventor of the Triplet flow Lord Infamous.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    R.I.P The king of horrorcore and the inventor of the Triplet flow Lord Infamous.

Infamous & Skinny ?

Props for recognizing them. Still, it used to be funny listening to 97.1 back in the day for the freestyle section. EVERYBODY that called in sounded like a bootleg Lord/Skinny ? /Gangsta Boo (females).
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been meaning to ask this. Was it Chuck D that invented the triplet flow or lord infamous? Because i remember Chuck D using that same flow.
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »
    I've been meaning to ask this. Was it Chuck D that invented the triplet flow or lord infamous? Because i remember Chuck D using that same flow.

Chuck D invented the triplet flow.... but the South always want to claim ? because they are always fighting for Respect...? has not change since 88 just new faces and different places but NYC are still the original creators...
    pfalq5ouqa41.gif

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lord Infamous!

s/o to the Tommy Wright mention
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Matike85 wrote: »
    BedStuy wrote: »

Chuck D invented the triplet flow.... but the South always want to claim ? because they are always fighting for Respect...? has not change since 88 just new faces and different places but NYC are still the original creators...
    pfalq5ouqa41.gif

I don't think anyone claimed the South invented the flow. People say 3-6 made it popular, and they did. Chuck been around since 88, but nobody was jumping on that ? because he did it.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    High Pitched, Triplet Flow Lord Infamous >>> Coked out, Cookie Monster Flow Lord Infamous

Yeah some of his verses on da unbreakables were hard to listen to, In his prime he was a monster tho he was in a zone from like 95-01 creative as hell but that coke was too much
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Yeah some of his verses on da unbreakables were hard to listen to, In his prime he was a monster tho he was in a zone from like 95-01 creative as hell but that coke was too much

Yea. When his voice changed that was woat
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    basically make some ? to give their juggalo kings credit ...

a triplet sounds different depending who rapping

it's the evolution of what Street Military was doing and other pioneers
    https://youtu.be/Ca8R2tFylfg

I think Street would mix it up never stay with one flow

that makes them better

I agree with Snoop that himmini hummini ? gotta go

Infamous would just repeat that triplet for the most part it's sounds robotic

while Street Military shift gears in and out the true pioneers !!!!

If the day ever come that I am rewarded with a mod spot. My first action in office will be banning you from IC property. Your ? ass will be posting from Pelican Bay after its all said & done

Lmaoooo
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Poor Righteous Teachers/Jaz-O and Jay-Z /Twister/ Chip fu of the Fu Snickens/Daz EFX made it popular and was doing it before 3 Six and Bone Thug in that order. Jay-z battle Wise Intelligence of PRT in the late 80s when Jay lived in Trenton NJ. Probably how he and Jaz-O started rapping like that. Jay been know to borrow styles from other ? .
  • ILLBOT
    ILLBOT Posts: 911 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    Your operating system is unstable, @Ear2DaSt. You will fail.
    Warned @Ear2DaSt (0 points for 1 week) for "Kicked from thread: he's trolling like a ? "
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ILLBOT wrote: »
    Your operating system is unstable, @Ear2DaSt. You will fail.

ILLBOT the illest.

• trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chinx drugz was tha only ny ? 2 be able 2 pull this flow… bra really had next…
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-kIMauE9zTQ
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=X1kL-A1o0FA
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    I feel like they missed an opportunity... Yeah, the new cats are using the triplet flow but they're doing it differently than Lord Infamous, Chuck D, Krayzie and nem...

For example, check out the infographics they used for Chuck D...

u071ept8jybb.png

Then Lord Infamous...

zkesbq870r85.png

And Tommy Wright...

tjb2x7w7aqsz.png

Now check out Migos...

u6gqtfdxboge.png

Desiigner...

v0dx35muuhjh.png

And Young Thug...

91s72uxwu6i0.png

What the new cats use that the old cats didn't are rest notes in specific spots throughout the verse that break it up into stanzas and leave a pattern of placeholders for ad-libs which have become synonymous with the flow and are more widely used than ever before...

This creates a call-and-response between bars, which in itself is catchy, relatively easy to do and gives the listener a chance to dab or what have you...

So yeah, the video is correct in that rapping in triplets is nothing new, but using the combination of triplets, rest notes, and ad-libs in this fashion may in fact be attributed to Migos...

Good breakdown man.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I feel like they missed an opportunity... Yeah, the new cats are using the triplet flow but they're doing it differently than Lord Infamous, Chuck D, Krayzie and nem...

For example, check out the infographics they used for Chuck D...

u071ept8jybb.png

Then Lord Infamous...

zkesbq870r85.png

And Tommy Wright...

tjb2x7w7aqsz.png

Now check out Migos...

u6gqtfdxboge.png

Desiigner...

v0dx35muuhjh.png

And Young Thug...

91s72uxwu6i0.png

What the new cats use that the old cats didn't are rest notes in specific spots throughout the verse that break it up into stanzas and leave a pattern of placeholders for ad-libs which have become synonymous with the flow and are more widely used than ever before...

This creates a call-and-response between bars, which in itself is catchy, relatively easy to do and gives the listener a chance to dab or what have you...

So yeah, the video is correct in that rapping in triplets is nothing new, but using the combination of triplets, rest notes, and ad-libs in this fashion may in fact be attributed to Migos...

Good breakdown man.

Thanks... I appreciate it...

The problem I have with videos like these is that they go in like "Lemme prove Migos ain't doing anything new"... then they do all this research and make these statistics then ignore the results to make a narrative...

Anyone could look at these graphs and notice a trend, yet they didn't mention rest notes throughout the entire video... what's the point of over-analyzing something just to over-simplify?

Then, they make it seem like there are only two ways to rap... regularly and using triplets... They group all these rappers together... Sure, Chuck D and Dismasters' flows are almost identical but Krayzie Bone was on some completely other ? ...

If Migos didn't make any innovations to the triplet flow then why is it so popular all of a sudden? They must be doing something different...

This is what happens when outsiders come in and try to translate an artform to make it more palatable to the uninitiated... but I digress...
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at a white ? trying to school me on some hip hop flow ? . White folks always trying to explain some black ? to black people as if we didn't create the ? in the first place. Miss me with that culture vulture white ass narratoring ? . Fohwtbs
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Thanks... I appreciate it...

The problem I have with videos like these is that they go in like "Lemme prove Migos ain't doing anything new"... then they do all this research and make these statistics then ignore the results to make a narrative...

Anyone could look at these graphs and notice a trend, yet they didn't mention rest notes throughout the entire video... what's the point of over-analyzing something just to over-simplify?

Then, they make it seem like there are only two ways to rap... regularly and using triplets... They group all these rappers together... Sure, Chuck D and Dismasters' flows are almost identical but Krayzie Bone was on some completely other ? ...

If Migos didn't make any innovations to the triplet flow then why is it so popular all of a sudden? They must be doing something different...

This is what happens when outsiders come in and try to translate an artform to make it more palatable to the uninitiated... but I digress...

I think you kinda missed the point of the video. They weren't really trying to take anything away from anyone or discredit the Migos. The video was more of a response to Snoop's comments. Snoop implied that the flow was just something that ? was doing nowadays and that there wasn't much to it. The video was giving a history to show that it wasn't just some flash in the pan thing that is hot right now. The video also tried to show that use of the flow was more versatile than Snoop was implying. What you wrote was a good extension to the information they brought, but I don't think they were trying to go as deep as explaining how each user of the flow differs from others.
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Lol at a white ? trying to school me on some hip hop flow ? . White folks always trying to explain some black ? to black people as if we didn't create the ? in the first place. Miss me with that culture vulture white ass narratoring ? . Fohwtbs

Bruh, you triggered because a white woman is talking about Hip Hop? The ? wasn't a tutorial to you personally. It was some background for people that aren't in the know. The target audience might not even be black people. It could be white fans or asian fans or anyone who isn't in the know.