Criminology student, 22, who falsely cried ? at taxi driver is jailed for 16 months

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.yahoo.com/news/criminology-student-22-falsely-cried-? -taxi-driver-jailed-16-months-145504913.html

A criminology student who lied about being ? by a taxi driver after he refused to accept a kebab-soaked tenner has been jailed for 16 months.

Wannabe cop Sophie Poniton told police officers that she had been sexually assaulted in the back of the cab she had been picked up in after a night out in Leeds city centre.

Pointon, 22, rang the cops in the early hours of Aril 22 this year then continued the deception by signing a statement giving an account of the attack.

Leeds Crown Court heard the driver, a father-of-five, was tracked down and kept in custody for six hours.

He was also unable to work for four weeks as a result of the claim.

Kate Bisset, prosecuting, said the driver was interviewed and said he could recall Pointon being “extremely ? ” when she got into his car holding a kebab.

He said Pointon threw a ten pound not at him when they reached the Hyde Park area but he refused to accept it as it was covered in oil from the kebab.

The driver said Pointon then became abusive and ran around the car opening doors.

The prosecutor said: “He did not think much of it at the time because such incident with people who are intoxicated are not unusual.”

A recording of a conversation between the driver and a phone operator at his taxi office supported his account.

The court heard a GPS tracker fitted to the car also revealed Pointon’s description of the taxi journey to be untrue.

Pointon broke down in tears and asked if she could drop the charges when her account was challenged by police.

She pleaded guilty to perverting justice.

Denise Breen-Lawton, mitigating, said Pointon, of Corkland Road, Manchester, had been studying in Leeds at the time.

She said her hopes of becoming a police officer were now ruined.

Jailing Pointon for 16 months, judge Christopher Batty told her: “Your malicious complaint has done a huge disservice to those seeking justice through the police and courts.”

The driver described in a statement how the false allegation had caused him to suffer from stress.

Comments

• Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad part is, theres ? on trial everyday for this ? ? .
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Women don't lie about ? .

Why are they publishing her name and showing her face?

? , this is going to deter future ? victims from ever reporting it.

Oh, and ? culture ....

Somewhere a "feminist's" head is exploding.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand females like this honestly. I get that she was ? , but damn, what kinda person let's petty ? like this make them want to ruin someone's life?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a ? . Why would a person want to ruin another persons life over some trivial ? ?

I mean, I get being ? off, but even when I fought people I never wished their life would be ruined.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand females like this honestly. I get that she was ? , but damn, what kinda person let's petty ? like this make them want to ruin someone's life?

ppl who are motivated by money, pride, fame, mental illness, revenge, shame, fear, etc

same reasons why ppl falsely accuse others of murder, child abuse, thief, adultery, etc
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Criminology student failed the ultimate test of her degree, real life application!
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ? will be classified as a Misdemeanor in less than 6 1/2 yrs. Congrats ladies, U got what ur asking for.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

ppl who are motivated by money, pride, fame, mental illness, revenge, shame, fear, etc

same reasons why ppl falsely accuse others of murder, child abuse, thief, adultery, etc

Those are reasons though. They might not be good reasons, but those are reasons. This chick wanted to ? a guy over because he didn't want her greasy money. That's beyond petty.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Those are reasons though. They might not be good reasons, but those are reasons. This chick wanted to ? a guy over because he didn't want her greasy money. That's beyond petty.

you asked what kinda person let's petty ? like this make them want to ruin someone's life

ppl motivated by the aforementioned

you add in alcohol and other mind altering substances

it's a bad mix

read about a man who killed his step mother because she was gloating about her favorite nfl team

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

you asked what kinda person let's petty ? like this make them want to ruin someone's life

ppl motivated by the aforementioned

you add in alcohol and other mind altering substances

it's a bad mix

read about a man who killed his step mother because she was gloating about her favorite nfl team

Nah, I get what you're saying. I was just saying that money, pride, fame, etc... are actual reason. I can understand people doing crazy ? for those reasons even if I think it's despicable when they do those things. I can't even understand what this chick did or what the guy you referenced did because their reasons seem ridiculous.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Copper .... LOL not @ all fam. Ever knew or know someone who got ruined by a chicks false allegations? That stigma will never leave u and it'll change u for the worst. Happened to a rising hoop star in my city. He was on his way she got jealous, lied and ruined him and we all witnessed the downward spiral. Hoes that do this ? got to go sir! They'll turn a mild mannered man in2 a killer ruining his life cuz she mad. They better be careful.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    @Copper .... LOL not @ all fam. Ever knew or know someone who got ruined by a chicks false allegations? That stigma will never leave u and it'll change u for the worst. Happened to a rising hoop star in my city. He was on his way she got jealous, lied and ruined him and we all witnessed the downward spiral. Hoes that do this ? got to go sir! They'll turn a mild mannered man in2 a killer ruining his life cuz she mad. They better be careful.

Yeah it happened to me. Didn't ruin my ? but it wasn't nice.

Still, it's better to have a society wherein women feel like they can report ? and some women lie about it then a society wherein no one reports ? at all.

I can understand why they don't wanna go too hard on hoes who lie about it cah they women are already mad reluctant to come forward and its really is difficult for any ? victim to be on the stand.

Its a tough one, I kno'.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    v4jfu4rm1a1t.gif

Kobe gif chosen on purpose for this thread? Lol
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »

Tagging her after she just spent another thread telling ? who was using fake Instagram screen shots for proof of ? that they were rushing to judgement and wait for more facts? Might have to hold off on trolling her on this topic for at least the next 2 ? threads
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pointon broke down in tears and asked if she could drop the charges when her account was challenged by police

5t13eq5buy6l.png
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I neee to see pics of this miscreant.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All ? lie about ? until proven otherwise.

Consequences for a ? being petty and sending a ? up the road for a 10 year bid are just too great.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »

Yeah it happened to me. Didn't ruin my ? but it wasn't nice.

Still, it's better to have a society wherein women feel like they can report ? and some women lie about it then a society wherein no one reports ? at all.

I can understand why they don't wanna go too hard on hoes who lie about it cah they women are already mad reluctant to come forward and its really is difficult for any ? victim to be on the stand.

Its a tough one, I kno'.

FOHWBS

So that ? that lied on homie from GA (can't remember his name) some years back should get handled w/ kids gloves, while he had to sit in prison for 5-6 years for something he didn't do. Because of her out right lie.

See why @CapitalB be calling some y'all ? lesbians.

I dunno why so many men get so into their feelings when we discuss women.

You're talkin' about a specific and extreme case. I was speakin' in general.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options