What NY Borough has the worst rappers????

Options

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Tru Life is from Queens dunny

I thought he was from L.E.S...maybe I'm wrong....

I liked his song called "I hate rap" but I don't know many other joints from him.
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Whichever borough Tony yayo come from...
  • InfamousiXi
    InfamousiXi Members Posts: 41
    edited January 2011
    Options

Tru life from the L.E.S. which is on manhatan
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    manhattan.....
  • CTYO
    CTYO Members Posts: 407
    edited January 2011
    Options
    y'all just gonna ignore manhattan....
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yes yonkers do boarders the bx and so does mt vernon on different sides im from there...but u cant add them to the bx cause we do us and they do them and LOX and X rep 914
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    probably manhattan
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

the ? you talkin about?
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How the ? can anyone say the Bronx? Please let me know.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    yes yonkers do boarders the bx and so does mt vernon on different sides im from there...but u cant add them to the bx cause we do us and they do them and LOX and X rep 914

I'm glad a ? who's actually from that area finally posted. I know what the ? Im talkin about. I can't stand ? who just be wrong as hell & still runnin off at the mouth.
  • Maalik
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    How the ? can anyone say the Bronx? Please let me know.

That's what I said bruh...

1. Birthplace of Hip Hop
    2. KRS 1 & Boogie Down
    3. Big Pun

can't be the BX & Manhattan (Harlem) was Tupac's birthplace, arguably the GOAT rapper. Can't be them either.

So, its Gotta be Shaolin.
  • dwade206
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    That's what I said bruh...

1. Birthplace of Hip Hop
    2. KRS 1 & Boogie Down
    3. Big Pun

can't be the BX & Manhattan (Harlem) was Tupac's birthplace, arguably the GOAT rapper. Can't be them either.

So, its Gotta be Shaolin.

Manhattan wins this one duke, as I said when this thread first started. There's too much wack product that came outta Manhattan that outweigh the good.

...and that dancin rhymeless autotune rapper ass ? in your avi is one of the reasons
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    there is no way Staten Island is the worst Wu's catalog includes
    OB4CL,Ironman,Supreme Clientele,Liquid Swords.... that's just few of the solos I could do this for days

Wu Tang alone ? on every borough besides BK
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Staten Island wins this... sorry. Harlem a close second in spite of Big L and Murda Mase.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Jesus Christ. I ain't from New York but the ignorance some of you got for basic geography of America's biggest city is horrendous. How do people not know Manhattan is in NYC?
  • Maalik
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Manhattan wins this one duke, as I said when this thread first started. There's too much wack product that came outta Manhattan that outweigh the good.

...and that dancin rhymeless autotune rapper ass ? in your avi is one of the reasons

Callin Diddy wack is like calling Biggie wack...he was behind the sound of both Biggies albums

Manhattan may have produced more questionable artists but, Staten Island aint produce enough talent to even get graded

Shaolin:
    Method Man - Dope
    Rae - Dope
    Ghost - Dope when he wanna be
    Rza - Good producer, he really from Brooklyn though
    Gza - Dope sometimes
    ODB - Probably the realest ? to ever rap lol
    Wutang Clan - Rest of em aint really worth mentioning

Manhattan:
    P. Diddy - Top 3 richest Hip Hop artist. CEO.
    Camron - Dope. Say what you want but Come Home with Me & Purple Haze are classics.
    Juelz - Dope when he wanna be
    Jimmy - LOL.
    Diplomats - Rest of em aint really worth mentioning but, they was the last real Hip Hop Movement
    Mase - ? thought he was too flamboyant but, listening to his lyrics, he wasn't wack.
    Big L - One of the best to never make it
    Loon - Same as Mase. Could spit with the best of them but, had too much of the Harlemness.
    Tupac - One of the Greatest Rappers to ever live
    Immortal Technique - Can spit his ass off
    Doug E. Fresh - Hip Hop royalty
    Kurtis Blow - Hip Hop royalty
    Kool Moe Dee - Hip Hop royalty
    G-Dep - Child of the Ghetto was criminally slept on

Harlem's bought too much to Hip Hop to be the worst bruh...
  • Polo Kidd
    Polo Kidd Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Callin Diddy wack is like calling Biggie wack...he was behind the sound of both Biggies albums

Manhattan may have produced more questionable artists but, Staten Island aint produce enough talent to even get graded

Shaolin:
    Method Man - Dope
    Rae - Dope
    Gza - Dope sometimes

Manhattan:
    Camron - Dope. Say what you want but Come Home with Me & Purple Haze are classics.
    Jimmy - LOL.
    Diplomats - Rest of em aint really worth mentioning but, they was the last real Hip Hop Movement
    Mase - ? thought he was too flamboyant but, listening to his lyrics, he wasn't wack.
    Loon - Same as Mase. Could spit with the best of them but, had too much of the Harlemness.

ODB from BK
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    SI wins this, im pretty sure rza, gza and odb are from brooklyn so the whole wu isnt from SI and whatelse do they have besides the wu? then theres

manhattan
    kool moe dee
    rakim
    big l
    mf doom
    mase
    cam
    black rob

bx
    kool herc
    krs
    pun
    canibus
    slick rick
    fat joe/terror squad
    grandmaster flash
    show and ag
    pete rock
  • Maalik
    edited January 2011
    Options
    SI wins this, im pretty sure rza, gza and odb are from brooklyn so the whole wu isnt from SI and whatelse do they have besides the wu? then theres

manhattan
    kool moe dee
    rakim
    cannibus
    big l
    mf doom
    mase
    cam
    black rob

bx
    kool herc
    krs
    pun
    slick rick
    fat joe/terror squad
    grandmaster flash
    show and ag
    pete rock

Cant believe I forgot Canibus SMH...
  • dwade206
    edited January 2011
    Options

Shaolin:
    Method Man - Dope
    Rae - Dope
    Gza - Dope sometimes

Manhattan:
    Jimmy - LOL.
    Kurtis Blow - Hip Hop royalty
    Kool Moe Dee - Hip Hop royalty

Some of the ? you posted doesn't make that much sense. This is about rappers. Not producers who were able to make ? albums and not have to write rhymes in the process, i.e. Diddy. Add that with the fact that almost every ? you named from Manhattan is wack.

P. Diddy - Top 3 richest Hip Hop artist. CEO. (Recites wack rhymes)
    Camron - Dope. Say what you want but Come Home with Me & Purple Haze are classics. (Classics? Damn, ? got some low ass standards)
    Juelz - Dope when he wanna be (? been ass since whistle)
    Jimmy - LOL. (LOL)
    Diplomats - Rest of em aint really worth mentioning but, they was the last real Hip Hop Movement (That was never a movement to begin with)
    Mase - ? thought he was too flamboyant but, listening to his lyrics, he wasn't wack. (I do what I do like a do what Im doin for.. SHUT THE ? UP)
    Big L - One of the best to never make it (I guess, meh)
    Loon - Same as Mase. Could spit with the best of them but, had too much of the Harlemness. (LMAO!!!!!)
    Tupac - One of the Greatest Rappers to ever live (? lived everywhere; but I'll give you that one)
    Immortal Technique - Can spit his ass off (I guess)
    Doug E. Fresh - Hip Hop royalty (great entertainer, but that ? ain't known for his rhymes)
    Kurtis Blow - Hip Hop royalty (just because a ? is old school don't make him royalty. Now Kane, LL, Rakim = Hip Hop Royalty)
    Kool Moe Dee - Hip Hop royalty (just because a ? is old school don't make him royalty. Now Kane, LL, Rakim = Hip Hop Royalty) wild wild west ass ?
    G-Dep - Child of the Ghetto was criminally slept on (you must be out your ? mind)
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    motrilla wrote: »
    there is no way Staten Island is the worst Wu's catalog includes
    OB4CL,Ironman,Supreme Clientele,Liquid Swords.... that's just few of the solos I could do this for days

Wu Tang alone ? on every borough besides BK

oh so ? gonna act like these albums ain't better than anything anyone form Harlem ever put out
  • dwade206
    edited January 2011
    Options

manhattan
    kool moe dee
    rakim
    big l
    mf doom
    mase
    cam
    black rob

bx
    kool herc
    krs
    pun
    canibus
    slick rick
    fat joe/terror squad
    grandmaster flash
    show and ag
    pete rock

MF DOOM is from Long Beach, New York.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Cant believe I forgot Canibus SMH...

i put him under manhattan initially but im pretty sure hes from the bronx, but what killed me was nobody mentioning slick rick as if hes forgotten about
  • Maalik
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Some of the ? you posted doesn't make that much sense. This is about rappers. Not producers who were able to make ? albums and not have to write rhymes in the process, i.e. Diddy. Add that with the fact that almost every ? you named from Manhattan is wack.

P. Diddy - Top 3 richest Hip Hop artist. CEO. (Recites wack rhymes)
    Camron - Dope. Say what you want but Come Home with Me & Purple Haze are classics. (Classics? Damn, ? got some low ass standards)
    Juelz - Dope when he wanna be (? been ass since whistle)
    Jimmy - LOL. (LOL)
    Diplomats - Rest of em aint really worth mentioning but, they was the last real Hip Hop Movement (That was never a movement to begin with)
    Mase - ? thought he was too flamboyant but, listening to his lyrics, he wasn't wack. (I do what I do like a do what Im doin for.. SHUT THE ? UP)
    Big L - One of the best to never make it (I guess, meh)
    Loon - Same as Mase. Could spit with the best of them but, had too much of the Harlemness. (LMAO!!!!!)
    Tupac - One of the Greatest Rappers to ever live (? lived everywhere; but I'll give you that one)
    Immortal Technique - Can spit his ass off (I guess)
    Doug E. Fresh - Hip Hop royalty (great entertainer, but that ? ain't known for his rhymes)
    Kurtis Blow - Hip Hop royalty (just because a ? is old school don't make him royalty. Now Kane, LL, Rakim = Hip Hop Royalty)
    Kool Moe Dee - Hip Hop royalty (just because a ? is old school don't make him royalty. Now Kane, LL, Rakim = Hip Hop Royalty) wild wild west ass ?
    G-Dep - Child of the Ghetto was criminally slept on (you must be out your ? mind)

? .....go that way
    >

How can a Borough have the worst rappers when oodles of History was birthed from "those rappers"...

Besides WuTang, Staten Island dont got ? else to add to the table. Manhattan produced Bad Boy Records, The Diplomats Movement, the face of Death Row Records, one of the first artists on Def Jam Records & one half of La Di Da Di.

? Tupac is from Harlem....TUPAC!!!! He ? on the entire Wutang himself. Why are we even arguing this any further.

If Shaolin was destroyed, Hip Hop would relatively be the same. If Manhattan was destroyed, there'd be no Pac, no Puff, Biggie wouldn't have got a deal, no East Coast West Coast war, no Doug E Fresh & Slick Rick collabos, no DipSet, no Big L, no LL Cool J & Kool Moe Dee beef, Nas would've never made "If I Ruled the World". You can't be serious bruh. One damn group can't dismiss all of those events
  • Maalik
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i put him under manhattan initially but im pretty sure hes from the bronx, but what killed me was nobody mentioning slick rick as if hes forgotten about

Yea I forgot about Rick...born in London, raised in BX...its too many rappers to remember