What NY Borough has the worst rappers????

Options

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    ? .....go that way
    >

How can a Borough have the worst rappers when oodles of History was birthed from it...

Besides WuTang, Staten Island dont got ? else to add to the table. Manhattan produced Bad Boy Records, The Diplomats Movement, the face of Death Row Records, one of the first artists on Def Jam Records & one half of La Di Da Di.

? Tupac is from Harlem....TUPAC!!!! He ? on the entire Wutang himself. Why are we even arguing this any further.

If Shaolin was destroyed, Hip Hop would relatively be the same. If Manhattan was destroyed, there'd be no Pac, no Puff, Biggie wouldn't have got a deal, no East Coast West Coast war, no Doug E Fresh & Slick Rick collabos, no DipSet, no Big L, no LL Cool J & Kool Moe Dee beef, Nas would've never made "If I Ruled the World". You can't be serious bruh. One damn group can't dismiss all of those events

...says the ? who is a Loon, Diddy, Mase, and G Dep fan. You lost all of your credibility.

Oodles? Word, son?
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    ...says the ? who is a Loon, Diddy, Mase, and G Dep fan. You lost all of your credibility.

Oodles? Word, son?

Whatever ? ....your whole philosophy is false

G-Dep is whack ? ? Seriously B. ? could spit.

Mase could spit. He gave Fabolous his flow. If you looked past his cornyness & the Shiny suits you'd hear it

Loon could spit too ? ....you go look that ? up yourself. Harlem ? is flashy. Sometimes that ? oversaturates the music & makes them look corny like they trying too hard but, that dont mean they couldn't spit.
  • dwade206
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Whatever ? ....your whole philosophy is false

G-Dep is whack ? ? Seriously B. ? could spit.

Mase could spit. He gave Fabolous his flow. If you looked past his cornyness & the Shiny suits you'd hear it
    Loon could spit too ? ....you go look that ? up yourself. Harlem ? is flashy. Sometimes that ? oversaturates the music & makes them look corny like they trying too hard but, that dont mean they couldn't spit.

...garbage
  • Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Mase was nice as ? anybody who says otherwise, either aint listen to his old material, or is a disgruntled hiphop fan mad at the shiny suit era and is hating through that, or both.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Keep it real with yourself....dont nobody give a ? about Staten Island LOL..

I got family all over New York. There's parts of Jersey that feel more apart of NYC (especially Brick City) than Shaolin. No subway in that borough. Its Disconnected from everything. Aint ? to do there but, look at the Statue of Liberty.

Better than Harlem lol...this ? done lost his mind.
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    see this what wrong with NY and i know half yall ? dont even live in NY but we sittin her discussin which borough is better out of NY. ? from the south or west dont do that we couldnt have this discussion b out any other region at all cause they wouldnt entertain the thought plus they dont have the talent but here goes the east coast dividing ? . I grew up loving NY rap cause thats where im from but also ? with everyone else and didnt make comparison just enjoyed what they was bringing to the table. yall ? sound kinda lame to me talking bout what borough brought out the best and the worst and on some real ? you cant even decipher that cause you can go and look at albums and say damm that obfcl was better than rtd or rd or say that iwr is better than big l first ? i think it was living poor and dangerous or some ? like that but that was my ? you can go back and forth all day bout this ? and still wouldnt come to a conclusion at all so why do it just to waste breathe.
  • dwade206
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    see this what wrong with NY and i know half yall ? dont even live in NY but we sittin her discussin which borough is better out of NY. ? from the south or west dont do that we couldnt have this discussion b out any other region at all cause they wouldnt entertain the thought plus they dont have the talent but here goes the east coast dividing ? . I grew up loving NY rap cause thats where im from but also ? with everyone else and didnt make comparison just enjoyed what they was bringing to the table. yall ? sound kinda lame to me talking bout what borough brought out the best and the worst and on some real ? you cant even decipher that cause you can go and look at albums and say damm that obfcl was better than rtd or rd or say that iwr is better than big l first ? i think it was living poor and dangerous or some ? like that but that was my ? you can go back and forth all day bout this ? and still wouldnt come to a conclusion at all so why do it just to waste breathe.

yeah whatever ? , Manhattan lost
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

? please...Name a new ? from New York thats worth a damn right now
  • KplusK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yeah whatever ? , Manhattan lost

you stupid son big l better than any ? from any part of ny or region for that matter and so was mase in his prime so how can you say that ignorant ? .
    and ? them boroughs anyway 914 brought better music than them any way cl and pete rock heavy d brand nubian lox dmx mary j and we still puttin out music.
  • KplusK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    ? please...Name a new ? from New York thats worth a damn right now

are you serious my ? right now at this point ? aint put out no music commercial wise but can you really say there is another rapper in any other region better than nas or jay or rae or whoever else you wanna name from ny come on my ? be serious.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    are you serious my ? right now at this point ? aint put out no music commercial wise but can you really say there is another rapper in any other region better than nas or jay or rae or whoever else you wanna name from ny come on my ? be serious.

So you can't name nobody?
  • dwade206
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you stupid son big l better than any ? from any part of ny or region for that matter and so was mase in his prime so how can you say that ignorant ? .
    and ? them boroughs anyway 914 brought better music than them any way cl and pete rock heavy d brand nubian lox dmx mary j and we still puttin out music.

Oh ? , sensitive thug catching feelings. Manhattan lost.
  • KplusK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Oh ? , sensitive thug catching feelings. Manhattan lost.

im not catching feeling ? im not from harlem im just stating facts that all and you cant dispute them so who's really catching feelings.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    NY stay losing
  • dwade206
    edited January 2011
    Options
    im not catching feeling ? im not from harlem im just stating facts that all and you cant dispute them so who's really catching feelings.

...says the lame ? who's a Mase fan, lol.
  • KplusK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    So you can't name nobody?

cmon yall ? be so nieve some times name a ? better than nas or jay from any other region right now...who has a video out or song in rotation ok ill wait.
    name a ? that out rite now that is better that big l was or big pun was ok ill wait.
    name a ? better than big daddy kane or ll in their prime from another region ok ill wait.
    you cant NY have always had the better talent when it cam to rap and i didnt even mention the great so dont act like im just talking it a fact.
  • KplusK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ...says the lame ? who's a Mase fan, lol.

mase was better than any rapper than you are a fan of by far i bet.
  • KplusK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    NY stay losing

yeah we stay losing all day but your avi has one of the top five dead or alive...smfh
  • dwade206
    edited January 2011
    Options
    mase was better than any rapper than you are a fan of by far i bet.

So Mase>>>>Rakim, Nas, Jay, Big, Ghostface?

...you one of them smart/dumb ? huh?
  • aviator
    aviator Members Posts: 273
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cmon yall ? be so nieve some times name a ? better than nas or jay from any other region right now...who has a video out or song in rotation ok ill wait.
    name a ? that out rite now that is better that big l was or big pun was ok ill wait.
    name a ? better than big daddy kane or ll in their prime from another region ok ill wait.
    you cant NY have always had the better talent when it cam to rap and i didnt even mention the great so dont act like im just talking it a fact.

imo nobody is better than jay cause he is the best ever to me from any where....and you aint gonna agree but its ? in the south on them ? level.you say jay ,nas ,pun, i say scareface,ceelo,dre3000,big boi,bun b,? c.and T.I. right now is better than any new NY artist thats came out over the past 8 years..
  • KplusK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? i never said that...gotta love a ? like you i said mase and ny rappers was better than any other region you said i was buggin now you mentioning the top tier of rappers from ny.its over cant talk to a ? like you tryna flip and bounce ? lmao.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    props to kplusk for giving downstate (YO, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle) it's just due. Long Island used to produce classic talent just like them but doesn't anymore and many have forgot about that.

Anyway, Manhattan has the least amount of critically acclaimed rappers (Big L, Mcgruff, early Cam & Immortal Technique) but ranks at the top when it comes to producing the best all around entertainment (Kurtis Blow, Rob Base, Doug E Fresh, 2pac, Puffy, Mase & Cam'Ron)

So in thread context, I gotta say:

1. Brooklyn (The best)

2. Queens (Second best)

3. Bronx (slept on, but still strong)

4. Staten Island (? , Ghost and Rae are but a small group but it's quality over quantity)

5. Manhattan is the worst as far as critical acclaim. They have the underachievers (Big L, Charles Hamilton, Max B, Juelz, Tru Life, Vado) & the Gimmicks (Diddy, Mims, Chicken Noodle Soup, Beastie Boys)
  • KplusK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    aviator wrote: »
    imo nobody is better than jay cause he is the best ever to me from any where....and you aint gonna agree but its ? in the south on them ? level.you say jay ,nas ,pun, i say scareface,ceelo,dre3000,big boi,bun b,? c.and T.I. right now is better than any new NY artist thats came out over the past 8 years..

are u serious my dude everyone you mentioned been out for more than 8 years and you gonna say their better than any new ny rapper or that has been out for the last summ odd years...lol. on some real ? ill give you ti stacks big boi and thats it and theyre still distant from ny's elite imo.
  • aviator
    aviator Members Posts: 273
    edited January 2011
    Options
    are u serious my dude everyone you mentioned been out for more than 8 years and you gonna say their better than any new ny rapper or that has been out for the last summ odd years...lol. on some real ? ill give you ti stacks big boi and thats it and theyre still distant from ny's elite imo.

name a ny rapper better than T.I. that has came out in the past 10 years...and i dont care where a ? is from if its good its good i just keep it real..i meant just T.I. with the 8 year thing
  • KplusK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    aviator wrote: »
    name a ny rapper better than T.I. that has came out in the past 10 years...and i dont care where a ? is from if its good its good i just keep it real..i meant just T.I. with the 8 year thing

im not even gonna be biased cause ti my ? and i think he has been in the top tier for the last few years but nas is better than ti right now. jay is better than ti right now. but thats just my opinion like you have yours so *kanye shrug*