GROWN AZZ BLACK MEN what type of Hair Clipper u have and how much it cost u

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
and im not talkin about those cheap ass ? from target, walmart ot walgreens, Im talkin about the real heavy, sharp professional ones that will last u a good 5 to 10 years. that u have to buy at the black beauty supply store or from your local barbershop. Yo i think every black man should own a pair of good hair clippers it like a right of passage. i remember as a young man-child my grandpa had one of those ol'school clippers that was chrome witjh some ivory on it with those thick ass rope wire extensions, i was scared of those ? , it weighed like 5 pounds, sharp as ? and sounded like a monster when u cut it on, a lil niga use to jumped up and run when he cut it on.

but yo i jus paid 70 dollars for WAHL PROFESSIONAL BALDING CLIPPERS at a black beauty supply store, because i rock baldies i cop those ones and these ? is sharp you get that razor bald cut with these it take almost 8 days for the hair to grow back. but yo that was the cheap ones, i seen clippers for a 100 beams up in there

Comments

• BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    and im not talkin about those cheap ass ? from target, walmart ot walgreens, Im talkin about the real heavy, sharp professional ones that will last u a good 5 to 10 years. that u have to buy at the black beauty supply store or from your local barbershop. Yo i think every black man should own a pair of good hair clippers it like a right of passage. i remember as a young man-child my grandpa had one of those ol'school clippers that was chrome witjh some ivory on it with those thick ass rope wire extensions, i was scared of those ? , it weighed like 5 pounds, sharp as ? and sounded like a monster when u cut it on, a lil niga use to jumped up and run when he cut it on.

but yo i jus paid 70 dollars for WAHL PROFESSIONAL BALDING CLIPPERS at a black beauty supply store, because i rock baldies i cop those ones and these ? is sharp you get that razor bald cut with these it take almost 8 days for the hair to grow back. but yo that was the cheap ones, i seen clippers for a 100 beams up in there

I might have to cop those....i currently use a razor to shave my head...with how much i spend for razors....70 bucks aint a bad investment breh
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    every man should own a pair of good clippers huh? lol. ? my barber is one of my best friends from highschool..im good on that.
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

I don't ? with WAHL's , get you some Andi's B
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He right every ? should own @ least one good pair of clippers and liners and know how to use them ?
  • shawnbrown
    shawnbrown Members Posts: 2,256
    edited March 2011
    Options
    any tips on how to give yaself some trim
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Andis is where its at....got the set for 75 at Sally's
  • waterproof
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I might have to cop those....i currently use a razor to shave my head...with how much i spend for razors....70 bucks aint a bad investment breh

word up i ? with the razor once in a while but a brotha be gettin all nervous and ? , i really haven't found a ol'skool barber who's like in his late 50's or early 60's who know how 2 use a razor. the barber that i go to is one of those spots that have ? in there sellin clothes, kicks and ? nigas is watchin boxing and games on the t.v. talkin to customers and ? , sellin sacks of bomb, pushin local artist cd's to much ? goin on. so i used to go there to get clip bald and i was payin 20 beams. and ontop of that was being cheap for years buyin those cheap ? and endin up spendin like 40-50 a year on those 20 dollars one. i was like ? that ? it's time to join that black man faternity of owin my very own pair, i dropped 70. ? my cousins have those 100 dollars clippers tha he bavin over 10 years lol
  • waterproof
    edited March 2011
    Options
    every man should own a pair of good clippers huh? lol. ? my barber is one of my best friends from highschool..im good on that.

I got a ? that cut hair on the side, and a barber at a shop, and cousins that cut hair but what the ? it got to do with me havin my very own and savin money. and yeah i said every black man should own a pair because we always gettin a haircuts, and have nephews, sons, cousins that need hairecuts. i was told and taught to always have a good pair of clippers
  • waterproof
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't ? with WAHL's , get you some Andi's B

i think i seen some at the black beauty shop, they run like 80 and up right?
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I got a ? that cut hair on the side, and a barber at a shop, and cousins that cut hair but what the ? it got to do with me havin my very own and savin money. and yeah i said every black man should own a pair because we always gettin a haircuts, and have nephews, sons, cousins that need hairecuts. i was told and taught to always have a good pair of clippers
    why would i want to spend money on something to mess my hair up. the whole point i go to the shop is to relax and kick it with my folk.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    Andis is where its at....got the set for 75 at Sally's

^^^This, but I paid 85...SMH"
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Every man should atleast know how to do his own edge up atleast!...sometimes i dont be wanting to go to the barber just for a line.Why wait when you can do it yourself.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i could

but my hand aint that steady
    i'd prolly give myself a crooked ass line up the first few times

thats the only way you get good LOL ... why you think its such a habit for me to still be rockin du rags LOL

had to rock them ? at first cause sometimes i would get it right sometimes i would ? up. but now i rarely ? up but im just still used to rocking durags as a habit because yuo gotta sleep with em to help your waves. bout to work on my fades now.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I dont bump up...my hair grow back to fast especially my ? hair i cant keep running to the shop everytime it grows back ill just trim the wild edges myself.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He right every ? should own @ least one good pair of clippers and liners and know how to use them ?

c/s and Andis is where its at
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Remington. It was a gift.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nah son, my barber gets my line-up straight every time. Prolly later on in life I'll cop some clippers though *shrugs*
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I remember in 2006 I walked in a barbershop, and waited around 2 hours and paid 18 dollars.

Been cutting my hair ever since. Just get a nice mirror to cut the back and get some bacteria spray to clean the clippers after every cut.

Its good to know you can cut your own hair at your own convenience. But every few months ill go to the barber to get a cut.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    why would i want to spend money on something to mess my hair up. the whole point i go to the shop is to relax and kick it with my folk.

This. Half the reason I go to the barbershop is the social aspect. Well, maybe not half...but you get the idea.
  • waterproof
    edited March 2011
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    OSTER'S>>>>>>>ANDIS

Anyway, most black men have to use clippers to shave so we don't bump up.......

oh lucky ass ? , i bump up under my chin when i shave, i have to shave with my clippers i aint one of those brothers that be usin MACH 3'S and ?
  • waterproof
    edited March 2011
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    yes....ingrown hairs........most black men can't use a razor....we will get razor bumps and ? ....excuse my wording

word up that why i shave with my clippers and used bump patrol
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    I remember in 2006 I walked in a barbershop, and waited around 2 hours and paid 18 dollars.

Been cutting my hair ever since. Just get a nice mirror to cut the back and get some bacteria spray to clean the clippers after every cut.

Its good to know you can cut your own hair at your own convenience. But every few months ill go to the barber to get a cut.

That's an outrageous price. Anything above 15 bucks is a ripoff, no matter how sharp the lining is.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    oh lucky ass ? , i bump up under my chin when i shave, i have to shave with my clippers i aint one of those brothers that be usin MACH 3'S and ?

Yo, check out that Pro Glide razor. As long as u shave WITH the grain of your hair, u shouldn't bump up.

But anyway, I have two pairs of clippers. One to do outlines and ? (cost me about $50.00). The other to fade my beard, sideburns and such whenever I'm in between cuts from my barber (cost me about $70.00). I forget which company they're made from, though.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I got them all chrome andis masters - 100$ (they really like 130 but i got the hook up)

the oster 76 - 100$

andis t-liners 50$
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    young-ice wrote: »
    i could

but my hand aint that steady
    i'd prolly give myself a crooked ass line up the first few times

what i used 2 do was get like a black or white eyeliner pen... Trace my hairline and then cutt it..... After practice i got better and better...