GROWN AZZ BLACK MEN what type of Hair Clipper u have and how much it cost u

Options

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Funny....I got my Wahl clippers from Walgreens.

I can't find a barber who doesn't push my hairline back. Everytime I left a barber, I'd have to wait 3/4 weeks for my hairline to grow back. I'm not giving yo funky ass $20 so I can look like Lebron.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I use some Wahl t-liners ($40) for shaping myself up (back of the neck too with enough practice). I trim the rest of my ? hair with a Gellete fusion razor. I clean up the lineup with the razor so i get pretty close. I just started getting nice with the stache cuz i got tired of the baby face. I use Wahl clippers ($35) without the guards (adjusted out so it's just below a 1 guard).
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I recently bought some Andis Styliner 2's and they keep my line tight. I give myself a taper every week or two with those and the Wahl's clippers that I mentioned earlier in the thread. Every now and then, I'll be out and somebody will ask if I cut hair on the side.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But...thats what I have, a cheap pair from target.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ive had the same Andes for 6,7 years

Ive even bought a new pair but tbey just dont cut the same, went right back to the Andes
  • S2J
    Options
    And ive never understood the 'I cut my own' nggas. Nggas dont care about lookin sharp? Lol
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    And ive never understood the 'I cut my own' nggas. Nggas dont care about lookin sharp? Lol

Just because you don't know how to cut, that doesn't mean others don't. I grew up with barbers. I'm good over here bruh.
  • S2J
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

Just because you don't know how to cut, that doesn't mean others don't. I grew up with barbers. I'm good over here bruh.

Even the nicest barbers i know dont cut heir own hair. Just say you like to save money fam, hats cool. Bc you can never replicate either 1) a professional cut, and/or 2) a cut by someone else vs yourself
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

Even the nicest barbers i know dont cut heir own hair. Just say you like to save money fam, hats cool. Bc you can never replicate either 1) a professional cut, and/or 2) a cut by someone else vs yourself

I know many that do, but i'm not gonna go back and forth with you. I don't even like the way people cut my hair. They never get it the way i like it. But that's your opinion though.
  • So ILL
    Options

Don't get mad at ? that cut their own hair because you can only ? your ? up, bruh lol. I still look clean when I do mine, just be patient and you will have a system down that will be tight. It was just easier for me in the beginning because I didn't care about shaving my head lol.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andis Outliner II model.

Pretty standard, but they're the truth for shaving/lining up. $50, but it's worth it when I go weeks between cuts.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andis t liner along with a beard trimmer with guards
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep a Wahl and an and is for the line op they each cost close to 40 bucks
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Clipper collection game is getting mean, On my 2nd pair of Oster Clippers
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DRO wrote: »
    I got them all chrome andis masters - 100$ (they really like 130 but i got the hook up)

the oster 76 - 100$

andis t-liners 50$

I've had the same andis t-liner since at least 2002... Just switch the blade when it gets dull.. Best investment I ever made.. I havent sat in a barbers chair in over a decade..
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cut my hair for the first time last week...The Oster fast feeds cut so smooth...I did cut the shid outta my neck and line (literally) after attempting to re-align the blade on my t-outliners....and I put alcohol on it which darkened the cuts....you live and you learn...Ima try again this weekend.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got some weak ass oyster joints I think

I jus ordered some andis t liners

My ? hair just started gettin wild at 28
  • So ILL
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    Cut my hair for the first time last week...The Oster fast feeds cut so smooth...I did cut the shid outta my neck and line (literally) after attempting to re-align the blade on my t-outliners....and I put alcohol on it which darkened the cuts....you live and you learn...Ima try again this weekend.
    Yeah, its all about finding what works. But once you learn, its automatic and your ? will get tight. Plus, the clippers pay for themselves after a few times anyway. I was shaving my head bald after ? up and now I give myself clean tapers every other week to where ? ask where i get cut because they don't see me in the shop. Just be patient and keep hope alive lol.
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just need to perfect my tapers...everything else is crispy. Even got pretty good at using the straight razor on my beard
  • Jungz
    Jungz Members Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bevel cost $200. need that joint to drop to atleast $100
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get a cut or a edge every four days but i got wahls ? hair grow quik...i like gettin hair cuts calms u ...
  • Yardie1
    Yardie1 Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options
    Bevel! Black owned company. Check it out.
    d4axc1tlpf7g.jpg

https://getbevel.com/trimmer
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That $200 worth it