Michael Jordan: His Airness

Options
2»

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    smfh @ me getting jumped for my Mike's on my way to school in the 6th grade. WOAT school day. And then I had to walk home in my socks cause the bus driver was on her period or some ? and didn't allow me to get on. It was raining too. Missed the next day of school cause I ain't had no shoes

anyway, men of particular 'greatness' send to save the day will always let you down if you dig enough

word to Jesse Lights Camera Action Jackson
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jordan is the greatest what else is new
  • Straight Cash Homie
    Straight Cash Homie Members Posts: 66
    edited March 2011
    Options
    michael-jordan-xx3.jpg

Growing up as an MJ fan. Ive seen tons of games.. commericials, shoes, Apparel. He was among the trinity of the 3 Mikes. He has a massive NBA, MEDIA, and most notably a Corporate star.

He made it possible for the contemporaries more than any other to maximize their earning potential beyond the court.

But this thread is about, As admired as he was as loved and appreciated by this fans ..He was pretty much oblivious, and above it as far as embracing the fandom of the regular folk. Its just wierd for being a megastar he was really out of touch with his fans.. We all in someway felt apart of MJ on the court.. through his shoes or what have you but he existed in his own world..

This was a notion that came to me yesterday. Even more so than Tiger Woods. Where they baton Muhammad Ali held so tightly and proudly.. As not only a sports/ media darling.. but as a peoples champion as a person who basked in the fandom. He among others, and i speak of Ali because hes the most beloved athelete of all time.. and was by no means perfect but many appreciated him for much more than what he did in the ring.

MJ was truely his AIRNESS because we loved him but he never endeared himself to his fans. Nor did he assume any sort of role other than as a presenter of himself.

Thoughts.
    Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth and Wayne Gretzky are on lines one, two and three and they would like a word with you.

Seriously, when did the vote happen that named Ali the most beloved athlete of all time? Sure, he is beloved NOW because he has Parkinson's. But he was in no way, shape or form the most beloved when he was active. A lot of people hated Ali because he had an ego the size of Barry Bonds' head. Don't go passing off your opinion as fact. It's a dangerous game to play.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth and Wayne Gretzky are on lines one, two and three and they would like a word with you.

Seriously, when did the vote happen that named Ali the most beloved athlete of all time? Sure, he is beloved NOW because he has Parkinson's. But he was in no way, shape or form the most beloved when he was active. A lot of people hated Ali because he had an ego the size of Barry Bonds' head. Don't go passing off your opinion as fact. It's a dangerous game to play.

No ? ..

The point is he endeared himself to the fans,. and he is the most beloved He traveled internationally defended his titel around the world. he was a symbol much more than his sport he gave people hope humanity and inspiration away from the field of play.... at this point.. of course he wasnt he was black he was brash.. and he was different.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jordan-and-bill-gates.jpg

haha. all jokes aside, MJ will always be #1.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    man i grew up a Jordan fan and he is the GOAT. But I saw him turn down black kids for autographs when I went to a Barons game in Birmingham. seeing that ? first hand and hearing all the other MJ ? stories make me wonder
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    man i grew up a Jordan fan and he is the GOAT. But I saw him turn down black kids for autographs when I went to a Barons game in Birmingham. seeing that ? first hand and hearing all the other MJ ? stories make me wonder

yep...............
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

I don't doubt Jordan is an ? haha.
    Especially after his ego has been built up to this unimaginable level haha.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

lol at this comment from youtube:

"Jordan pass the ball!!"
    "I dont pass the ball to no ? "
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    smfh @ me getting jumped for my Mike's on my way to school in the 6th grade. WOAT school day. And then I had to walk home in my socks cause the bus driver was on her period or some ? and didn't allow me to get on. It was raining too. Missed the next day of school cause I ain't had no shoes

anyway, men of particular 'greatness' send to save the day will always let you down if you dig enough

Dats ? up.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

k9jhmv.jpg...............
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When you seperate him from the court you realize he is and was a ? . All these kids that grew up on space jam and defend him to death would get a nice glob of spit in the eye if they ever met him.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    When you seperate him from the court you realize he is and was a ? . All these kids that grew up on space jam and defend him to death would get a nice glob of spit in the eye if they ever met him.

lol So what your saying is If you were MJ(bball) or MJ(pop) status you wouldnt do what they did?
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    lol So what your saying is If you were MJ(bball) or MJ(pop) status you wouldnt do what they did?

Would I ? ? No

Would I live surrounded by young bois? No
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Would I ? ? No

Would I live surrounded by young bois? No

Whats cooning that MJ did?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mj still the goat
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    bumping in light of recent developments
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dakari wrote: »
    Airness. ..

ImageShow-6.php_-570x427.jpg

ImageShow-2.php_-570x427.jpg

ImageShow-1.php_-570x427.jpg

ImageShow-7.php_-570x427.jpg
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

ROTFL
    That was f*cked up.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I agree... the man was about winning and overall playing basketball... that and gambling and apparently ? ? on the side. All else was irrelevant to him, though I'm guessing he did ? for Chi in terms of giving back
This discussion has been closed.