This fukcery in Chicago's Englewood

Options
13»

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? wow that looks like downtown TODAY... like if you're on State street looking East towards the L. Damn damn damn @ reverse gentrification.
    another veiw, cats had spots to kick it back in the day
    [video]2a7zyb6.jpg[/video]
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The westside if Chicago has to be the most depressing areas I've been in. Abandoned factory, liquor store, storefront church, homeless man, dice game, boarded up home, and repeat every block.

Ride the 66 Chicago or 65 Grand heading west and you'll know what I'm talking about.
  • king hassan
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yea thats one little area in the 700 square mile radius

No need to get defensive my child, its just my opinion

Yea washington park,the low end,englewood,roseland,mo town,state street from 95th to 22nd the wild 100's matter of fact every area besides hyde park is bad

You good unless you live in harvey ,dolton,robbins,markham

That is a negative young Jedi
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    King Hassan lmao I'm trippin right now. That ? is unbelievable. I want to see what Chicago State University looked like when it was an all white institution.
  • king hassan
    edited March 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    My older brother girlfriends family are these white people from Iowa but come to find out they're white people from Englewood from back in the day.
    My pops say growing up you could'nt pass 63rd St until the 60's. That's why 63rd from State to Stoney down to the low end is called the "Black Belt" so I can imagine they were white over there until the 60's
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    King Hassan lmao I'm trippin right now. That ? is unbelievable. I want to see what Chicago State University looked like when it was an all white institution.

On one of them lazy ass Sundays when there aint ? on TV put on Channel 11 you'll see live footage of all of that stuff Kang is droppin. Some area's around Washington Park had big ass Opera Houses. ? is kinda ill.
  • king hassan
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I went to CSU and this nurse next to me came out in 1981. But this a hotel that was on 75th & South Shore in our old hood

[URL]http://[/URL]2vxmw41.jpg
    And i the hotel that was on 79th & S Shore too that got torn down
  • king hassan
    edited March 2011
    Options
    On one of them lazy ass Sundays when there aint ? on TV put on Channel 11 you'll see live footage of all of that stuff Kang is droppin. Some area's around Washington Park had big ass Opera Houses. ? is kinda ill.
    I watch that ? all the time. Saw that "Bike Chicago" segment, ? 's crazy what used to be there. They showed the Original Sears Tower that was on the W Side
  • king hassan
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Inside the original "Regal Theater"
    [URL]http://[/URL]29x88jp.jpg
  • king hassan
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Still 63rd & Cottage, this theater long gone
    [URL]http://[/URL]4j89lj.jpg
    The Strand Hotel, ironically it's still there, it's right next to that store by the alley and the "Family Dollar" on the other side of it

[URL]http://[/URL]357mt8m.jpg
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Props King Hassan all of that must have been cleared out and just turned into Rainbow Beach. I went to Powell elementary right there on 75th and South Shore, they just built a second building across the street on the corner.

Sidenote: Rose for MVP

"White Flight" is a crazy reality. I'm gonna have to drive down cottage just to compare.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Beverly aint bad
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Props King Hassan all of that must have been cleared out and just turned into Rainbow Beach. I went to Powell elementary right there on 75th and South Shore, they just built a second building across the street on the corner.

That beach a ?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I watch that ? all the time. Saw that "Bike Chicago" segment, ? 's crazy what used to be there. They showed the Original Sears Tower that was on the W Side

The one about the Blvds of Chicago was interesting as hell too.

skooby2315 wrote: »
    Beverly aint bad

I could have been living in one of them homes on a hill but that ? is too ? far South yo.
  • king hassan
    edited March 2011
    Options

"White Flight" is a crazy reality. I'm gonna have to drive down cottage just to compare.
    Rainbow Beach has always been there they just tore that hotel down and made it a park now they built some school right there
    This Rainbow Beach [URL]http://[/URL]nve1bt.jpg]
  • king hassan
    edited March 2011
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    That beach a ?

www.truth.com. I ? hate RB and growing up in the 80's it used to pop off over there all the time
  • king hassan
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The one about the Blvds of Chicago was interesting as hell too.

I could have been living in one of them homes on a hill but that ? is too ? far South yo.
    Yeah that Blvd one was dope too