Sony Confirms 'External Intrusion' Is Behind PSN Outage

Options

Comments

• DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    A local girl that was on a boat cruise with us yesterday.

Larger pics.............errr, what happens on the ocean, stays on the ocean. :o

U 10k miles away n bein stingy with ? pics. Id hate to try n ? a ? with you :(
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    U 10k miles away n bein stingy with ? pics. Id hate to try n ? a ? with you :(

lol..........I'll post it up later. Gonna need to connect the phone to my comp when I get home. I would have to send them to facebook or twitter and copy them and don't want to do that for any of my local people (that weren't on the boat) to see them. We have a strict code around here when it comes to private parties.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? calling it SP now? That's what's hot on the streets, huh?
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Net flix profits have gone up 88%

just heard that on the news while i ate dinner

7% of America is subscribed to Netflix.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ok so Game Informer says they have a inside source.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/25/did-sony-shut-down-psn-to-combat-piracy.aspx
    Playstation Network users have been left in the dark for days now, and Sony has acknowledged that the shutdown has everything to do with hackers. However, they've made no mention of who's to blame or what the hacking hoped to accomplish. Web group Anonymous previously announced intentions to attack PSN, but are denying involvement with this incident. Today, a user on Reddit claims to have knowledge of the specifics.

User chesh420 says he's a moderator at PSX-Scene.com, and the shutdown can be traced to a custom firmware that allowed users to validate fake credit card numbers on what PSN deemed to be a secure network. Here's the entirety of his post (all spelling in context):
    Ok, I've seen a bunch of speculation of why people think PSN is down, and I thought I should just post what the community knows in comparison to what Sony is telling everyone. The truth is, there was a new CFW (custom firmware) released known as Rebug (link omitted). It essentially turns a retail console into a dev console (not fully, but gives you a lot of the same options that usually dev's only have access to). Anyway, this new CFW was quickly figured out to give CFW users access to the PSN network again via the dev networks. With a little manipulation of the URL's through a proxy server you could get your hacked console back online. Not that big of a deal, right? Well, it also turns out that some people over at NGU found out that you could provide fake CC# info and the authenticity of the information was never checked as you were on Sony's private developer PSN network (essentially a network that Sony trusted). What happened next was extreme piracy of PSN content. Sony realizing the issue here shut down the network. Now, before you go freaking out about the latest information posted about Kotaku, no ones personal information was accessible via this hack. Not to say they couldn't get it, but no one is admitting to it being available. Anyway, that's the real reason for the PSN downtime. Sony is now rebuilding all of it's PSN servers to be more secure and (hopefully) make sure the CFW users cannot get online anymore.
    It would take something major for Sony to shut down the entirety of their network, and a custom firmware that allowed for rampant pirating is obviously reason for concern. Take this with a grain of salt, as we have no way of verifying whether this Reddit user has an inside track or not. We've reached out to Sony for comment and will let you know if we hear anything.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol @ SP3

• imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can see why they would shut psn down if thats true.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol @ ? using credit cards on the psn.

? better buy a psn card.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I would greatly appreciate to know who that is in your avatar. :)

And can I get the larger photo. :)

11hb97t.jpg
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PSN still down?

Don't know. Haven't turned on my SP3 since Friday.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PSN still down?

yes the single player 3 is still down

Damn J boy I gotta get to Antigua!! nice!!!! u hit that?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    11hb97t.jpg

rihanna???
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    11hb97t.jpg

DAMN,,, i feel that urge to let the wrist warrior out,,, that look like riri ,,,do women there like men from the states?
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thirsty ass ? !!!
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yo i cant imagine what sony willl say at E3.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thirsty ass ? !!!

I tellin you
  • Terrorist_Jones
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know this scary asss ? who duckin me aint calling me thirsty?!?! psn go down and you get tuff,,SMH
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so anybody else playing that mortal kombat? i beat the story already and im now doing the challenge tower since i cant play online since i bought it for ps3
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know this scary asss ? who duckin me aint calling me thirsty?!?! psn go down and you get tuff,,SMH

Hell yeah I'm scared of that 0.32 K/D.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hell yeah I'm scared of that 0.32 K/D.

WTF,, which game u talking bout,, i pray u aint talking bout that KZ3? wats popping wit MK Scary?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    damn i was just about to cop a ps3 too
  • DaFifthElement
    edited April 2011
    Options
    WTF,, which game u talking bout,, i pray u aint talking bout that KZ3? wats popping wit MK Scary?

Nah thats yo MW2 K/D. I don't have MK n dont play on gettin it. Soul Calibur is where it's at.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    TJ got cocky as hell huh?
    lol ? ready to redeem himself

you ready to get this mk ? popping.. i imagine you been practicing since the psn is down.. u been MIA

@fifth

you cant take tha ps3 version of any cod serious any more,, playd mw2 and bo on os3 and 360, 360 hit dectection and plays smoother . dont you get tired of shooting to the left just to ? the ? to the right of you?!?!